HRH Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Princess Clotilde and Family 5: May 2008-March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Maybe she's refeering to the fact that the tune of the song reflects the traditional tuneful Italian song, which is supposed to be for the old.

I guess I must be included amongst the old ones, but I'd like Elisa to remember that those my generation grew up with the songs of the most talented singersongwriters ever, such as De André, Vecchioni, De Gregori, Dalla, Baglioni, Venditti, Lauzi, Battisti. So I think that most people my generation can tell whether a song is bad or not. I said that the text is an awful list of commonplaces full of rethoric (I guess that Battisti, Gaber or De André would be spinning in their graves if they could have listened to this song). The tune isn't that bad IMO: Pupo set the music by being inspired by the tradional Italian tuneful song. However I had expected Pupo, who wrote a couple of little masterpieces such as "Firenze Santa Maria Novella", and "Lidja a Mosca" to do much better. The tenor was blameless.

Apart from Malika Ayane and Tiziano Ferro, who are some light years far from the above mentioned singersongwriters, today's Italian music hasn't got much to offer, I'm afraid.

@ asma: I think older people just liked the song. I heard (or read) many who didn't like it saying: "My mother and grandmother said the song was very good and voted for it".

thanks ElisaR for clarifying.I just was confused about older people liked the song due to the old tune of it or due to Ef is the singer and voting for him is such a thickness to the monarchy and Savoy era.

Last edited by a moderator:
why people sing in San Remo if, for many years, Italy doesn't appear in the Eurovision?

Blasphemy!!! The EuroSong Contest has absolutely nothing to do with the Sanremo Festival. The Festival is a "national institution":lol:
Besides the Festival of the Italian Song started long before the ESC did. Actually the ESC was patterned after the Sanremo Festival.
Although many singers like Modugno, Gigliola Cinquetti, Toto Cutugno won one edition of the Sanremo Festival and took part in the ESC, many others didn't. Mia Martini , who never won at Sanremo, took part in the ESC twice. Massimo Ranieri sang at the ESC in 1971, but he won at Sanremo only in 1988.

Prince Emanuele taking part in his favourite dancing show
again, February 27, Rome, Italy, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Emanuele presenting his clothing line in Milan, Italy,
March 2, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

It seems he is hugely popular in Italy.... I approve of it !

It seems he is hugely popular in Italy.... I approve of it !

And no end in sight ;) He'll be on another programme soon, singing again.

Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy poses during a photocall at the Rai
state television headquarters in Rome, Italy, 11 March 2010, for the
presentation of the TV show "Ciak... si canta!".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Prince Emanuele attended several events during the last week,
he nearly seems omnipresent ;)

Emanuele at the final party of the TV programme "I Raccomandati",
Rome, Italy, March 5, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

At the 2nd episode of the TV show "Gigi Questo Sono Io" presented
by Italian singer Gigi D'alessio, Rome, Italy, March 11, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Emanuele at the first episode of TV programme "Ciak... si
canta!", Rome, Italy, March 12, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** [URL="http://i43.tinypic.com/2l43dz.jpg"]Pic 2[/URL] ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

He will participate in a film of the spanish producer Almodovar:
Almodóvar rinde pleitesía a la Corona

Acting in a film, that was still missing on the list..;)

According to French Paris Match Clotilde will be acting again as well.
She'll have a role in the coming film of Philippe Claudel named "Silence
d'amour" (The silence of love).

Prince Emanuele and Princess Clotilde attended a debutants
ball at La Venaria Reale-Royal Palace in Turin, Italy, March
13, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Prince of Venice will be dancing his way over to the new thread, here.

° ° °

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom