Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thanks for the list of godparents, Duc_et_Pair. :flowers: I like how Princess Beatrix is included in the list, I think she is quite close to Princess Irene's family. (I remember reading here that she was close to Irene - or was it Margriet? I can't fully remember.)

Cecilia and Luisa are very cute. I like Luisa's little dress.

There is an age gap between the princesses Beatrix (1938) and Irene (1939) and their younger sisters the princesses Margriet (1943) and Christina (1947). The two eldest sisters are the closest in age and will both have memories of wartime, their youth in the Netherlands, the problems at the Court (Greet Hofmans Affair) and the full limelight which was always on these two. Princess Beatrix as Heir and Princess Irene as the most glamorous one. So, we may assume that indeed the two sisters were and are pretty close.

A very glamorous picture of Prince Carlos Hugo and Princess Irene, the grandparents of little Princess Cecilia. She was the star of the royal family, comparable with Princess Margaret in the United Kingdom. Picture from ANP Historisch Archief (click on the picture to expand):

http://www.anp-archief.nl/attachment/2176050

Hola.com has an article about the christening with a focus on Princess Beatrix as a godmother :)

Hola article

Last edited:
Here is another article with a video of Princess Cecilia's christening from nos.nl:

Prins Carlos: belangrijk om nieuwe ziel te verwelkomen - NOS Nieuws

Yes, she attended. In the gallery from PPE Agency we can see her as well as other family members :)

We can also see a big picture of Cecilia and one with all the godparents:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2014/PPE14040567.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2014/PPE14040566.jpg

Thanks for posting, Ana. I particularly like the first photo, Princess Cecilia is wonderfully adorable. :) And another thanks to Duc_et_Pair for replying to my post regarding the relationship between Princess Beatrix and Princess Irene. I guess this means that the immediate Bourbon-Parma family are close to her as well.

Last edited:
Nice to see Queen Beatrix and Princess Margarita walking hand in hand.
It seems that no other member of the ON family attended, and of the Parma's only two sisters of CH: Cecile and Marie Therese (and Carlos's siblings of course). Tjalling ten Cate was also missed. I believe that they have very little contact with the French Parma's. Also for CH's funeral and the wedding of Carlos and Annemarie none apart from the two aunts attended. Though the Lux. RF was represented at both occassions.

Princess Margarita wore a brooch that belonged to Queen Juliana. Apparently she received it from Prince Bernhard for the birth of their daughter Irene in 1939.

http://www.royalglitter.com/oranjejuweeltjes-4/

Last edited:
I believe that they have very little contact with the French Parma's. Also for CH's funeral and the wedding of Carlos and Annemarie none apart from the two aunts attended. Though the Lux. RF was represented at both occassions.http://www.royalglitter.com/oranjejuweeltjes-4/
Well, it's more than likely that some of them weren't invited to both events tout court (i.e. uncle Sixte and aunt Franoise). The absence of some other relatives may easily be explained by the fact that the Bourbon-Parmas are so many and so much spread among the world that probably it's difficult to keep in touch with all them.
But on a different note, it was nice to see that at least at Princess Carolina's wedding cousin Lobkowicz was present.

The Luxembourg Family was indeed represented both at Duke Carlos Hugo's funeral (attended by Grand Duke Henri) and at Duke Carlos' wedding (attended by Prince Jeand and his wife Diane).

Nice christening pictures

Luisa and Cecilia the both look like small grumpy issues of their father :)

Last edited:
Princess Carolina de Bourbon de Parme and her husband Mr Albert Brenninkmeijer have a daughter. Congratulations to the newborn infant and her parents.

There is still no new generation of males, this means that the line of succession still is:

-0- HRH The Duke of Parma and Piacenza
-1- HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme (brother of 0)
-2- HRH Prince Sixte-Henri de Bourbon de Parme (uncle of 0)
-3- HRH Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau, Prince de Bourbon de Parme
-4- HRH The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Duke of Nassau, Prince de Bourbon de Parme *
-5- HRH The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Prince of Nassau, Prince de Bourbon de Parme *

* = apparently the marriage of Grand Duke Henri to Maria Teresa Mestre y Batista was deemed undynastic (because not meeting the standards) but by lack of male heirs and the fact that the current Duke and his brother married commoners as well plus the fact that the Hereditary Grand Duke has married a Countess, possibly the Duke of Parma will declare them dynasts again.

Shortly before his death, the former Duke of Parma granted nobility to Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel and created her Countess of Molina. With this "trick" his son Prince Carlos (the present Duke) managed to marry a noble lady and meet the required standard.

This "trick" was not repeated to the spouse of Prince Jaime. His girlfriend Viktória Cservenyák was not ennobled and got no title. If there is any consequence in the House of Bourbon-Parma, then this marriage should be undynastic too.

Last edited:
In the engagement announcement Viktoria Cservenyák was styled as Countess of Montizón
Por Don Carlos: COMUNICADO DE LA SECRETARÍA DE DON CARLOS JAVIER DE BORBÓN PARMA

It is interesting that all of Princess Irenes children so far had only daughters no son apart from the son Duke CArlos had Mrs Klynstra.

Wow, I missed that... so that means the two Princes married "countesses" and suddenly are marrying standesgemäß (befitting one's position or rank), meeting their dynastic requirements.

:whistling:

That sounds like a "Freiin Wallersee" from the Sissi-movies (Duke Max in Bavaria begging his brother-in-law for a title to his eldest son's commoner wife Henriette Mendel....)

:ROFLMAO:

Prince Charles-Emmanuel and his wife Constance attended the Pharrell Williams' Private Concert at Galerie Perrotin in Paris on May 26, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

HRH the Duke of Parma has always supported his father's claims.

Do you mean the claims that the Parma's are the real claimants of the Spanish throne? Carlos and Felipe in a fist fight in the Plaza Mayor - winner takes all!

I hope it's televised.

HRH the Duke of Parma represents the Catholic tradition not very noticed in the future Spanish royal couple.

HRH Princess Marie-Therese of Bourbon Parme presented in Paris her book about the recent history of her Catholic Family:
Présentation du livre de Maria Theresa de Bourbon-Parme

All the members of the House of Bourbon-Parma are devouted Catholic.

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH the Duke of Parma represents the Catholic tradition not very noticed in the future Spanish royal couple.

A Catholic tradition made by deep family rifts and total lack of forgiveness which have been going on for decades, divorces, children born out of wedlock. Really, a family whose behaviours are very very Catholic.

I never understood why Princesses Cécile, Marie-Thérèse and Marie des Neiges are unmarried?

Declaration of HRH Duke Carlos Javier de Borbon Parma concerning his families relation to the spanish throne (in spanish):
Por Don Carlos

Article in dutch newspaper with a little background information (in dutch):
Carlos de Bourbon claimt recht op Spaanse troon - Buitenland - VK

As I understand it, it's not so much a claim to the throne, more a statement with regards to recent elections for European Parliament

Last edited:
Declaration of HRH Duke Carlos Javier de Borbon Parma concerning his families relation to the spanish throne (in spanish):
Por Don Carlos

Article in dutch newspaper with a little background information (in dutch):
Carlos de Bourbon claimt recht op Spaanse troon - Buitenland - VK

As I understand it, it's not so much a claim to the throne, more a statement with regards to recent elections for European Parliament

The Volkskrant article refers to Prince Carlos' claim, as head of the Carlist movement, to the Spanish throne. According to the article, the prince is not putting forward a claim but has issued a statement that he denounces the current corruption that is endemic in Spain and that he is available to help 'his' country find the correct path towards prosperity in a pan-European context. On a historical note, the article also points out that the Carlist movement resulted from a 19th century disagreement about the right of females to inherit the Spanish throne; seeing as Prince Carlos only has daughters, perhaps he should not trumpet his case too loudly!:lol::flowers:

The Carlist claim is founded on nothing. The Duke of Parma should be proud on what he is, scion of one of the grandest royal dynasties ever and with a dazzling ancestry, holding a title (Duke of Parma) which is connected by one of the grandest Italian families (the Farneses) and has its fame in history. No more, no less. All the rest is pretty nonsense.

It was also very ungentlemanlike and a severe break of a given word as an aristocrat and Prince, that the late Duke of Parma first abandoned his Carlist claims in 1979 and became a naturalised Spanish citizen by royal decree of King Juan Carlos. Then somewhere in 2003 Prince Carlos Hugo re-asserted his Carlist claim. Most ungentlemanlike, he was breaking his own solemnly given word, given in person to King Juan Carlos. With this act he has lost my respect I must say. Too bad that his son follows him with this phantom thinking.

Well, that and $2.50 gives Carlos a ride on the subway...:whistling:

Princess Françoise of Bourbon-Parma visited Nerac Castle, the home Henry IV of France, whom she is a direct ancestor of. She went on a guided tour of the castle, which was conducted (?) by Nicolas Lacombe, the Mayor. Also in attendance were several members of the Order of Malta. There was a procession at 10 am (which lasted until 3:00pm) at the Castle, which was in honour of the eight hundredth anniversary of the birth of St. Louis.

A photo of Princess Françoise at the event: Photo

And a photo of Nerac Castle: Photo

EDIT: Just in case anyone would like to read more about the event, I've copied the link for the Sud Ouest article here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the news, long time not heard from the Douairière Edouard de Lobkowicz née Princesse Françoise de Bourbon de Parme. She shares ranks with his youngest brother Prince Sixte-Henri de Bourbon de Parme, regarding him as the chef of "true Carlism", so sadly not on speaking terms with her Dutch nephews and nieces.

Her son Prince Charles-Henri de Lobkowicz lives some 50 km north of me, at the the Château du Boszt. I have met him a couple of times when he visited the family De Chabannes la Palice (our mayor and his family) at their château here in Lapalisse. I have never seen the Princess Françoise with him. Here a video of the Prince showing his residence in the Bourbonnais (Allier): http://youtu.be/jMPhuRnlxQ4

:flowers:

Last edited:
Princess Françoise of Bourbon-Parma visited Nerac Castle, the home Henry IV of France, whom she is a direct ancestor of. She went on a guided tour of the castle, which was conducted (?) by Nicolas Lacombe, the Mayor. Also in attendance were several members of the Order of Malta. There was a procession at 10 am (which lasted until 3:00pm) at the Castle, which was in honour of the eight hundredth anniversary of the birth of St. Louis.

A photo of Princess Françoise at the event: Photo

And a photo of Nerac Castle: Photo

EDIT: Just in case anyone would like to read more about the event, I've copied the link for the Sud Ouest article here.
JUST TO SPECIFY:
The french text isnt' saying that the mayor was conducting the visit but that it was in his presence.

JUST TO SPECIFY:
The french text isnt' saying that the mayor was conducting the visit but that it was in his presence.

From the way you put "just to specify" in capital letters, I got the impression that you were shouting or angry at me for misunderstanding the text. I did put a question mark after I'd typed the word 'conducting', which meant that I wasn't sure whether it was the right word to use or not.

It was an easy mistake to make, given the fact that my Translator isn't the best and also that French isn't my first language.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom