Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An example of the childrens' dynastic status and right of succession being affected by "non-equal" marriage concerns Prince Pedro, Duke of Noto, only son of Carlos, Duke of Calabria, Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies [disputed by supporters of the 'rival' Duke of Castro].
Pedro has six children including four sons, the eldest born many years prior to his non-dynastic marriage. Although Pedro remains in line to succeed his father, none of the children, including the five born in wedlock, have dynastic status. After Pedro, the Headship will pass to another branch of the family.

Though that was indeed the case, it seems that Infante Carlos changed his position. When the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Noto's first daughter, Sofia, was announced in 2008, it was also stated (perhaps by Guy Stair Sainty... though I do not remember exactly) that the Infante had recognized their marriage and their issue as HRH Prince/Princess.

http://www.numendigital.com/index.php?articulo=516&nocaching=3718046
http://www.numendigital.com/index.php?articulo=516&nocaching=3718046

Suggested names and godparents for Annemarie's and Carlos' first child

For a prince: Carlos Jaime Hugo Hans
For a princess: Cecilia Irene Maria Eveline

Godparents for a prince:

Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma
The Prince of Orange
Hans Gualthérie van Weezel
two friends of them

Godparents for a princess:

Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma
Princess Marilénè of Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven
Ank de Visser
two friends of them

Whats your suggestions?

Congrats to them!

A boy: Xavier Jaime Hans Sixto.
A girl: Marie Cecile Beatrice Ank.

I don't think that - in case of a boy - Carlos will be used as first name, because a father already has a son named Carlos Hugo.
Out of wedlock and not recognixed officially, but always a son.

Godparents: Prince Jaime or Princess Carolina (only one of them; second - for eventual second child), Prince Constantijn, Princess Marie-Gabrielle Lobkowicz, somebody from Annemarie;s family, some friends.

I think grandparents are to old to be godparents...It should be persons relatively young, in order to be able to replace biological parents, in case something happens to them.

Margarita's union with Tjalling is a non-sacramental union (she had religius wedding with her first husband), so she cannot be a godparent.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good Godparent would be Willem-Alexander or Maxima, that way their children can always have a close connection to the Dutch Royal Court After Beatrix passes away.

A good Godparent would be Willem-Alexander or Maxima, that way their children can always have a close connection to the Dutch Royal Court After Beatrix passes away.

They already have that by their bloodline.

Engagement of Princess Maria Carolina to Albert Brenninkmeijer

The secretariat of HRH Princess Irene of the Netherlands announced today the engagement of HRH Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Parma, youngest daughter of the late Duke Carlos Hugo of Parma and of Princess Irene, to Albert Brenninkmeijer.
Their marriage will take place in 2012, although the exact date and place have not been announced yet.

Prinses Carolina stapt in het huwelijksbootje - Binnenland - AD
Google Traduttore

Fantastic news!Brenninkmeijer is of a wellknown family here in The Netherlands.

Albert Brenninkmeijer was born in Paris on may 17th 1974 and studied Economics at Edinburgh University as well as his MBA at Oxford.At present he is employed as a member of the board of C&A France,the international family business French branch.

The Princess was born on june 23rd 1974 at Nijmegen University hospital and studied political sciences at the University of Amsterdam and Harvard as well as "Forced migration" at Oxford.At present she is empleoyed at the UN HQ in Geneva at the Humanitarian Aid section.Previously she was stationed,ao,in Gaza and other troubled regions on the Globe.

The couple will get married in 2012.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Lucien ,
I am sure you are happy!
Princes Friso and Constantijn married Dutch Girls
The 4 Van Vollenhoven married 4 Dutch Girls
Prince Carlos Xavier also a Dutch Girl and his Sister a Dutchman
the most lovely will marry this year a clever Dutchman.
What a Country !

Only Bernardo Guilllermo didn't marry a Dutch girl, but he is half-Cuban after his father (and they probably don't live permanently in Holland, but in New York, aren't they?).

Congrats to Maria-Carolina and Albert! They are already both mature people, so if they want to start a family, it's high time.
So it's only Jaime leaving single.
What a happy period for Princess Irene: In February she had a granddaughter (Paola ten Cate), in August her dughter-in-law got pregnant and now her youngest daughter got engaged!

Fantastic news! Congratulations to the couple!:flowers:

Only Bernardo Guilllermo didn't marry a Dutch girl, but he is half-Cuban after his father (and they probably don't live permanently in Holland, but in New York, aren't they?).

Congrats to Maria-Carolina and Albert! They are already both mature people, so if they want to start a family, it's high time.
So it's only Jaime leaving single.
What a happy period for Princess Irene: In February she had a granddaughter (Paola ten Cate), in August her dughter-in-law got pregnant and now her youngest daughter got engaged!

Jaime is not exactly single either...he's with Miss Paulette van Ommen
since quite a while.She also is a regular at most family festivities meanwhile.:)

Nicolas lives in Florida and is dating a girl there,Juliana Guillermo lives in London and dates,but none of their respective dates are Dutch either .

Last edited:
I expected that Jaime en Paulette would engage first. Suprise!

I'm wondering where the wedding will take place. I hope it will be in the Netherlands.

Albert Brenninkmeijer is a member of the C&A clan (see link provided by Marc23). According to the 'quote 500', the Brenninkmeijers are the richest family of the country, with an estimated worth of 21 billion euros (there are a lot of family members though).

21 Billion goes a long way no matter how big the family.

Wow, another wedding this year. Congratulations to the couple!

Jaime is not exactly single either...he's with Miss Paulette van Ommen
since quite a while.She also is a regular at most family festivities meanwhile.:)

Nicolas lives in Florida and is dating a girl there,Juliana Guillermo lives in London and dates,but none of their respective dates are Dutch either .
I know about Paulette van Ommen and CHristine Eynon, but we still don't know if these relationships will end in marriage; from the formal point of view Jaime, Nicolas and Juliana are still single (and Maria-Carolina too - yet!)

Last edited:
Congratulations , wonderful news ♫♫♫♫♫

21 Billion goes a long way no matter how big the family.

There are said to be about 500 members, I don't know how the wealth is spread but I don't think any family member needs to struggle.

What lovely news! Maria Carolina is one of my favorites, in part because of her longstanding commitment to serving others who are in distress.

May she have a long and satisfying life with Mr. Brenninkmeijer; may they make each other truly happy. Cheers!

There are said to be about 500 members, I don't know how the wealth is spread but I don't think any family member needs to struggle.

The family is rather traditional and secretive (protecting their privacy) . But once in a while an article is published about them. There was some (soft) criticism about the rule that female members are paid to give up their share in the family assets. The family is catholic btw. The brothers Clemens & August Brenninkmeijer moved to the Netherlands in the 19th century and opened the first store in 1841 in Sneek. Originally the family is from Memmingen, Germany.

The family was in the news in 2011 for criticism on their private bank 'Anthos'. Because the bank is private (to provide services to family members) it pays less tax than a normal bank.

Last edited:
The brothers Clemens & August Brenninkmeijer moved to the Netherlands in the 19th century and opened the first store in 1841 in Sneek. Originally the family is from Memmingen, Germany.

So,the family was/is originally German/Bavarian and moved to the Netherlands?

Similar like Limburg-Stirum and Merode families,but Brenninkmeijer family was not noble..did they have any noble connections,intermarried with nobles so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom