Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The connection with the Duchy of Parma is far more pragmatic for the Duke himself. He attended different eve ts especially linked with the Order.
Will his youngest son be baptized in Parma or Piacenza?

The two sisters of the young Prince Carlos Enrique have been baptized in Parma respectively Piacenza. When the Duke of Parma wants to stress the continuation of the Carlist tradition, maybe a baptism in Spain lies at hand? We will see. The tradition is that the heir to the Dukedom of Parma has the title Prince of Piacenza. So it possibly it will be Piacenza.

Her Royal Highness Princess Luisa Irene Constance Anne Marie de Bourbon de Parme was baptized in the Battistero di Parma on Saturday September 29th 2012 by Monsignore Enrico Solmi, the Bishop of Piacenza. Picture.

Her Royal Highness Princess Cecilia Maria Johanna Beatrix de Bourbon de Parme was baptized in the Duomo di Piacenza on Saturday April 5th 2014 by Monsignore Gianni Ambrosio, the Bishop of Piacenza. Picture.

Last edited:
There is no statement yet with the details of the Baptism of the youngest child of the Duke.

Posts about the baptism of Princess Gloria of Bourbon-Parma has been moved here.

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Yesterday Prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme and Princess Annemarie introduced their son Carlos (born 26-05-2016), Prince of Piacenza to the people of Piacenza.

PPE Agency
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Only in the Chuch not at the balcony of the City as Queen Astrid did in Liège with your youngest Son Albert , Prince of Liège.

Only in the Chuch not at the balcony of the City as Queen Astrid did in Liège with your youngest Son Albert , Prince of Liège.

That was a different time and situation: the authorities of the City of Liège officially welcomed their head of state, the Queen and the infant Prince.

I think we can not expect the republican City of Piacenza to organize an official welcome and allow a manifestation at the City Hall.

[FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]Yesterday Prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme and Princess Annemarie introduced their son Carlos (born 26-05-2016), Prince of Piacenza to the people of Piacenza.

PPE Agency
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

The little prince was born on April 24th 2016

Reactions: eya

PPE Agency
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Also in attendance were Prince Jaime, Count of Bardi, and Princess Maria Teresa (aunt to Duke Carlos and Prince Jaime).

Eye wrote Prince Carlos showed his son to the people of Piacenza.

This was no baptism so it indeed was a showing to the people of Piacenza. I think this tradition has disappeared in almost all monarchies.

Duke , my comparaison is different , but the show up of the Prince of Liege by his Mother was unexpected because the situation in Liège was difficult. Only Queen Astrid was charismatic , we lost a lot in 1935

Coming back to Carlos, there is real love between the 3 BP unmarried sisters and their late Brother's Children. For Françoise Children I am not sure.

I doubt it. Princess Françoise id not even attend her brothers funeral. Always surprising how ice cold some people can be that pretend to be more Roman than the pope. Her son did attend the wedding of either duke Carlos or prince Jaime IIRC.

The Château de Lignières went to Prince Sixte Henri. The Château de Boszt and the Château de Fourcaud went to Princess Francoise. The other -estranged- siblings received nothing. In the meantime old Prince Sixte Henri has no children. And Prince Charles Henri (Francoise's son) is in his fifties and childless as well. A most remarkable and disfunctional family...

:previous:
.......and that's putting it mildly and tactfully.

The Château de Lignières (picture) is in poor state. It seems that Prince Sixte Henri actually does not live there but in a countryside mansion somewhere.

The Château du Vieux-Boszt (picture) is partly renovated but still needs works. Prince Charles Henri de Lobkowicz (son of Princess Françoise) owns it but he lives in the "new" Château du Boszt (picture).

Last edited:
This are really great Pictures, I like the one of Prince Carlos kissing his Son in the arms of his Godfather King Willem Alexander.
I like the Dutch Royals and are sorry for mine.
We had no pictures of Archduchess Astrid Anna's Christening and don't even know who is his Godfather. It should have been King Philippe too !

I liked the dresscode (jacquet and hats).

Godparents:
King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau
Dom Duarte Pio, the Duke of Braganza, Infante of Portugal
Princess Marie-des-Neiges de Bourbon de Parme (great-aunt of Don Carlos)
Lodewijk Gualthérie van Weezel (uncle of Don Carlos)
Don Javier Lubelza Roca (Chancellor of the Real Orden de Legitimidad Proscrita)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The article appeared on today's local newspaper:

In Duomo il battesimo del Principe Carlo Enrico - Gazzetta di Parma

The boy received the title of Prince of Piacenza. Perhaps they ignore that there's an ongoing rivalry beetween the two cities since time immemorial...;)

Still more pics from 'La Gazzetta'

Prince Diofebo Meli Lupi di Soragna has terribly grown old! :ohmy:

The title Prince of Piacenza seems the traditional title for the Heir to the Duke of Parma, Piacenza and Guastalla. I think rivalries are unavoidable and so be it... ;-)

Thank you Marengo for the link to Blauw Bloed's coverage of this interesting event for the King of the Netherlands in Italy. Although it might be viewed as just another joyful family event in regards to the King's aunt Irene, the dynastic crossover in terms of European families and religion is noteworthy, especially seeing the King so fraternally holding the first Parme son of his cousin Carlos. The King's presence is not lost here.

This are really great Pictures, I like the one of Prince Carlos kissing his Son in the arms of his Godfather King Willem Alexander.

They really are a lovely family gathering,pity Princess Beatrix wasn't present.

Prince Charles Henri de L. Princess Françoise Son and Prince Sixte Nephew attends the Christening.
This is good news for Prince Carlos de Bourbon Parme.

Nice pictures! The little boy seems to be the prettiest of the BP-children yet. Apparently he disliked the ceremony, but the prouder where the parents. ;) (Look at pic 5...)

Also beautiful pictures of the evening event. The dress and shoes of Viktoria were wonderful - but not fitting in colour. Annemarie looked very , very adorable in purple.

So lovely! I like the picture where big sister Cecilia laughs - she is the living avatar of the meme "lol".

Gloria Irene with a punky hairdressing - absolutely priceless.

Maxima and her daughters very nice and stylish, especially the brave Alexia. Nice to see her on the way back to health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom