HRH Duke Carlos Hugo (1930-2010) and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morgaine

Gentry
Country
Germany
Bourbon-Parma.gif

The Royal House of Bourbon-Parma

  

Andre of Bourbon Parma is Born 1928 and one younger Brother to Anne , the wife of Michael I of Romania. So he is the son of Renee of Bourbon Parma and his wife Margarethe of Denmark.

In May 1960 he married Marina Gacry, born 1935 and they have three Children :

1. Tanja 1961 - ( Tanja married the french Singer Gilbert Beaucaud)
2. Astrid 1964 -
3. Axel 1967

Marina is famous today for her Perfume and Cosmetic Line

Here are some Pics:

1. 1960 Wedding of Andree and Marina
2. 1960 Wedding of Andree and Marina
3. 1965 Marina
4. 1968 Marina
5. 1968 Marina
6. 2000 Marina

Attachments

• Marina heiratet Andre izilien 3.jpg
    Marina heiratet Andre izilien 3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2,651
  • Marina heiratet Andre sizilien 4.jpg
    Marina heiratet Andre sizilien 4.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2,070
  • 1965 - Marina 1.jpg
    1965 - Marina 1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2,501
  • 1968 - Marina 2.jpg
    1968 - Marina 2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 1968 - Marina 1.jpg
    1968 - Marina 1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,887
  • 2000 - Marina Sizilien 1.jpg
    2000 - Marina Sizilien 1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 2,986
Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Guy of Bourbon-Parma

Hi. I was the one who asked about Prince Giovanni of Bourbon-two Sicilies and I am afriad that I got myself confused with another man. So, I am wondering if anyone knows if Prince Guy of Bourbon-Parma (the other man I got Giovanni confused with) had a son out of wedlock before he got married? Please and thank you

Queen Astrid said:
Hi. I was the one who asked about Prince Giovanni of Bourbon-two Sicilies and I am afriad that I got myself confused with another man. So, I am wondering if anyone knows if Prince Guy of Bourbon-Parma (the other man I got Giovanni confused with) had a son out of wedlock before he got married? Please and thank you

That is prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parme (son of dutch princess Irene). He had a son with his then girlfriend Brigitte Klynstra, the sons name is also Carlos.
I don't think he is married now..

Last edited:
Prince Guy

Queen Astrid said:
I am wondering if anyone knows if Prince Guy of Bourbon-Parma had a son out of wedlock before he got married?
As far as I know Prince Guy (Guido), who married in 1964, had one child Prince Louis, who was born in 1966.

Warren said:
As far as I know Prince Guy (Guido), who married in 1964, had one child Prince Louis, who was born in 1966.

Louis' son is named Guy. So there are two Guy de Bourbon-Parme (but as neither prince Guy nor his son married dynastically, I don't know if Louis can bear the title prince).
Louis and Ariane de Bourbon-Parme have a website.

Danielane said:
Louis' son is named Guy. So there are two Guy de Bourbon-Parme (but as neither prince Guy nor his son married dynastically, I don't know if Louis can bear the title prince).
Prince Luigi (Louis) of Bourbon-Parma (1899-1967) and his wife Princess Maria of Italy had a son, Prince Guy (1940-1991). Guy had a son, Prince Louis (born 1966, married 1990) who in turn has a son, Prince Guy (born 1995). ie: Louis > Guy > Louis > Guy. :D

Although the recent marriages are non-dynastic, both Louis and Guy bear the title of Prince.

Danielane said:
Louis and Ariane de Bourbon-Parme have a website.

Yes, but there's nothing about them- only commercial pages....

Taree

Hello, can anyone tell me what happened to the four sisters of Prince Carlos Hugo and their younger brother and what are they doing today. Never see photographs of any of them apart from one photograph in P.dev with Prince Carlos and three of his sisters. But not the youngest nor his brother. Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Taree:flowers:

Well, I am not too well informed but the eldest one Francoise is married to a Prince Lobcowicz, I believe one of her sons commited suicide a few years ago due to drugs and/or debt related things, all very tragic.

The other 3 sisters are all single but I have no clue what they are doing, though I believe one of them is working as a music teacher. I have no idea what Sixte-Henri does, probably enjoying his chateau and the family money that his mother left to him. If you read french: here is an interview in which he says that ´we´ don´t vote during elections. And here another interview and another one about the legitimiste and Orleanist mess in France. Here he is commemorating the 120th death anniversiry of the Count de Chambord. Here an interview about his plea for non-autocratic tsarism in Russia.

And after a google search it seems he produces wine too.... look here.

Last edited:
Hello, can anyone tell me what happened to the four sisters of Prince Carlos Hugo and their younger brother and what are they doing today. Never see photographs of any of them apart from one photograph in P.dev with Prince Carlos and three of his sisters. But not the youngest nor his brother. Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Taree:flowers:
I was looking for informations of Henry Sixtus a couple of days ago too. :flowers:

Sixtus suffered a serious traffic accident in Argentina (2001). He still has difficulties walking and as a result of this, his appearances have been limited.

Thanks Marengo, for your link to this french royalty forum. It seems very interesting!

Sixtus may not vote but he is concerned with Politics. In the French presidential elections, he supported Jean-Marie le Pen, the candidate of the "Front National".

He is also connected with the Society of Saint Pius X (Home Page of SSPX.org) . The members of this Society are known as Traditionalist Catholics who believe the Second Council Vatican moved the Church away from Christ teachings. Sixtus is a public admirer of the late Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre.

Here some pics of Sixtus Henry (1968/1969, I guess) - from my family private photos collection.

sixtus 1

sixtus 2

sixtus 3

sixtus 4 :)

sixtus 5

Bourbon Parma Family inquiry

My sincere thanks to both Marengo and Regina for their information about this family. It is all very interesting and helpful. I would have replied before but I have not been logging on. In fact I had all but given up that any info would be forthcoming. Thanks again.
Taree

It would be interesting to know who Sixtus Henry would leave his chateau and the Parma possessions to after his death, to his nephew Carlos (who should have gotten it anyway) or to a cousin, which is more likely considering the cold relations between this Parma family.
i remember Princess Margarita calling the photosession in parma with her 3 single aunts a 'farce', in one of the interviews she gave, as the family relations were bad, apparently even with the 3 sisters that Carlos Hugo is in touch with.

Carlos Hugo himself has lived in NYC., with a lady who used to be the maid of him and Princess Irene when the family lived in paris in the 70-ties.He has a son with this lady (Princess Margarita was once complaining about the money her father asked for with his children, to which Princess Maria Carolina was overheard responding 'you know bloody well for who that money is', apparently for their illegitemate half brother (I forgot the source for this btw). Carlos Hugo is a professor now, but I also recall that he frequently goes to Brussels, so maybe he is teaching there too (have to look that up).

I agree this family is very interesting, Taree. You're very welcome :flowers:

I remember when Margarita caused a scandal revealing "secrets" about the Dutch Royal Family. She attacked on all fronts.
About her own father she said in an interview: "He has double moral standards. He disagrees with my husband but he himself has a son by his former Dominican housekeeper: my dark skinned half-brother Zavier."
Telegraph article

Chateau Lignieres

I had understood that the chateau was the possession of Princess Madeldine and came from her family, so it was hers to dispose of as she wished. She also decreed that her elder son and three of her daughters should never enter the Chateau after her funeral cortege left the grounds. There is a photograph in existence of Carlos and three of his sisters standing on the outside of the gates as the cortege passed. I had understood that Carlos and his children may have inherited estates of Prince Xavier in Austria. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But it was Princess Madeleine right to leave her chateau to Prince Sixtus-Henri if she wished it that way. I understood that Princess Maria Francoise was left the Chateau Boszt.
Taree

Well, I don´t think CH inherited the estates in Austria, he had to ´borrow´ money from his children more than once (as said by his daughter Margarita in her infamous interviews with HP/De Tijd).

As the chateau was restaured with a money coming from princess Irene (it was generally assumed in the Dutch press that she used much of her inheritance from Queen Wilhelmina for this), it would have been nice if they had made some legal arrangement, but sadly they did not and as you say Princess Madelaine was free to leave it to her youngest son. I am wondering though, in France can one disinherit a child completely? In The Netherlands that is not possible, so that is what made me wonder.

Anyway, Princess Madelaine and Prince Xavier were both ultra catholics too, as is their son Sixtus (who ironically is ´not of the marrying kind´).

Anyway, Princess Madelaine and Prince Xavier were both ultra catholics too, as is their son Sixtus (who ironically is ´not of the marrying kind´).

I presume by your words he didn't have a known sentimental relationship with any woman. What a pity :), Sixtus was IMHO, a very good looking man. He still looks very charming! Click on the picture's subtitle to enlarge.

Prince Sixtus-Henri

Yes Regina, totally agree with you. He also has the courage of his convictions.
The reason I thought Charles Hughues has inherited from his father is that an article in Point De Vue about Margarita's ill-fated marriage referred to her father as being in Austria on his estate. As the Chateau Lignieres comes from Princess Madeleine's family the Bourbon-Busset, one would think it appropriate that it reverts to that family in due course.
Taree

Taree

Thank you Regina. Very interesting photographs. I also meant to say that he has the courage of his convictions whether political or religious. As you say, whether we agree with his positions or not. Good to see him back in France.
Cheers,
Taree

Prince Carlos Hugo, Duke of Parma, Head of the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma

February 6th
A spokesman of the family announced today that the Duke of Parma has been diagnosed with 'a limited form' of cancer. He was already treated with medicines by professor Michael Marberger in Vienna, Austria, and by Professor José Baselga in Barcelona, Spain, which went very well. The second phase of the treatment - about 7 weeks of x-ray-treatment - will start this month at the Dutch Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital in Amsterdam.

from netty royalty page

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

Prince Charlos Hugues de Bourbon de Parme is said to suffer from a limited form of cancer (according to a spokesman of the family and as published in De Telegraaf).

The first treatment was carried out succesfully by professor Michael Marberger in Vienna and prodessor José Baselga in Barcelona.

The prince will be treated at the well-known cancer treatment institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek at Amsterdam (by Professor Dr. Marcel Verheij).

The radiotherapy will last approx. 7 weeks, 5 days a week (
sad.gif
) Drugs had a good result. The radiotherapy is intended to reduce and prevent further development.

The prince attended the royal festivities at Carré theatre only last week!

Wishing him and his family the best of luck!

Prince Ugo of Bourbon-Parma visited the President of the Italian Republic Mr.
Giorgio Napolitano on the 11th Sept. 2007:

Site News Administrator

So his out and about? That must mean that his cancer treatment is successful, if he has the strength to travel and work. Good for him and the family, with a grandchild on the way and everything.

We may agree or not with Sixtus positions but he seems a brave person, at least he doesn't hide what he thinks.
Brave you say?How odd.Brave is in no way a connotation one comes to think of with Sixtus.

So his out and about? That must mean that his cancer treatment is successful, if he has the strength to travel and work. Good for him and the family, with a grandchild on the way and everything.

He is out and about,yes,but still receives treatment here at the Anthony van Leeuwenhoek hospital in Amsterdam.He reacts well to the treatment,thank goodness.

He's a kind modest man,the exact opposite of that loud and lousy brother,who's the risé of Royal Europe and who didn't feel it was beneath him to shoot at both his brother Carlos Hugo and Princess Irene at a Carlist gathering years ago.Just because this reactionary queen didn't agree with his brother.I never forgave him.And it was not a warning shot either,he aimed.And missed,like he missed so many things in his existance.A grey cell here and there.

Oh yes,he gets me going too,as you see.Not that he's really worth it tho.:ermm:

As posted by Jorge on the Franco Iberian Royals MB:

Marina de Bourbon-Parme (née Gacry), wife of Prince André de B-P and sister-in-law of Queen Anne of Romania, visited Chile to promote her new perfume and to help a charity who focuses on women who suffer from breast cancer. She was apparently interviewed for a popular TV programme, and she was received by the Major of Providencia (one of Santiago's municipalities).
She tasted a famous Chilean drink, pisco sour, and made a silly and snobbish comment about it: "For royalty is strange to taste drinks that are at the same time complex and tasty". (That is my horrible translation, what the newspaper wrote was this: "Para la realeza es extraño conocer tragos que al mismo tiempo sean tan complejos y sabrosos"). Well, she was very nice to everyone, with a lot of energy and very down-to-earth.

For those who can read Spanish, here is the link to the short article: http://diario.elmercurio.com/2008/04/07/vida_social/_portada/noticias/45DA0870-DE2A-4B9F-988E-7EF69596D5DF.htm?id={45DA0870-DE2A-4B9F-988E-7EF69596D5DF}

:bourbonparma:

HRH The Duke of Parma celebrates his 78th birthday today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom