HRH Duke Amedeo (1943-2021) and the Savoy-Aosta Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So probably we can see the presence of princess Olga as a good sign- if she is introduced officially to league of italian monarchists it means that we can hope for an approaching wedding....

Today I took a glance at site www.savoia-aosta.it and as regards the rivalry between two branches of Savoy family I can say that „the story continues!”
The site presents old documents regarding king Umberto’s disapproval of possibile inequal marriage by prince VE (the title is „Lettere del Re” = ”King’s letters”, there’s english and french version).
There are old letters written by Humbert II and his son, an old interview for italian magazine”Oggi” and others.
So according to these documents one could say that prince Amadeo was right talking and repeating several times that king Umberto was against inequal matrimony of his son! (the letters were written when prince VE was dating Dominique Claudel , interview was done when he was with Marina Doria).
PS. I was surprised reading that these private letters were written in 2 copies- one had to be signed as acknowledge of receipt- just like in office with a lot of bureaucracy….

Well, he can be right about that but in reality the King never publicly denounced his son or grandson. In fact he even gave his grandson the prestigious title 'Prince of Venice', now would he have done that if he considered the boy a non-dynast? Furthermore he left his possesions to his children and NOT to Amedeo, nothing. If Humberto regarded Amedeo as head of the house wouldn't he have done that?

Anyway, it is always remarkable how these non-reigning royals are quarreling about imaginairy thrones.

Marengo said:
Furthermore he left his possesions to his children and NOT to Amedeo, nothing. If Humberto regarded Amedeo as head of the house wouldn't he have done that.

I believe that was explained in one of Umberto's letters to Vittorio Emanuele. He said something like if VE married unequally then Umberto was going to divide the inheritance between the four siblings. Which he did. Anyways, why would Umberto leave his possessions to anyone other than his children. That would be kind of odd, no matter the circumstances.

Here is a link to a comment made by Guy Stair Sainty, who is a royal expert, about the letters of Umberto II that have been made public recently.
http://members3.boardhost.com/EuropeanRoyals/msg/1166926270.html

As his cousin prince VE also prince Amadeo expressed his wishes on the occasion of New Year. He has included in his wishes italian people and particularly poor people, the unemployed . He has mentioned also "current recess and moral crisis existing in Italy". To conclude he has repeated words of king Umberto II: " everything is possible with freedom; without freedom everything is lost".
(by www.monarchia.it)

Amedeo's Daughter

mariamastrazza said:
I've read on the Italian newspaper Il giornale that Kyara and Amedeo's daughter has down syndrome, too.
You've read well.
Amedeo has a children with kyara van ellinkhuizen in Milan.
Kyara's lawyer in Milano is: Avv. Enrico Visciano
and the lawyer of Amedeo is Antonella Tomassini of Rome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Italian magazine "Oggi", issue nr 3, p. 44 posted article dedicated to prince Amadeo with few photo.The prince was showed in company of his family (wife Silvia, daughter Mafalda with her children and his cousin princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy).They were showed in homely atmosphere.

I'm still wondering what is the role of Prince Fabrizio Caleffi (Kyara's ex) in all this.
The other day he appeared again with Kyara in the same old TV show. However I didn't pay any attention to it, because my son was sick.

Once again the old relationship between prince Amadeo Aosta and Kyara is at the centre of media interest in Italy.
As refers quotidiano.net she sued the prince Amadeo for „ bad treatment in family relationship”.
She presented complaint against him at the time of her pregnanacy and now she emphasize „to being abandonned without any explanation”.
In consequence she doesn’t expect anything more from prince Amadeo and declares his behaviour as „inacceptable”.

Maybe little stupid question (but I heard that ther's no stupid questions), but who is the current Savoy-Aosta family?

Last edited:
Not a stupid question at all.

The House of Aosta
  • HRH Prince Amedeo, Duke of Aosta (b.1943)
  • HRH Princess Sylvia, Duchess of Aosta (b.1953)
  • HRH Prince Aimone, Duke of Apulia (b.1967)
  • HRH Princess Bianca of Savoy-Aosta (b.1966)
  • HRH Princess Mafalda of Savoy-Aosta (b.1969)

Sito ufficiale della Casa Savoia - Ufficio Studi

The "battle" between prince VE e Amadeo Aosta is still going on but in my opinion prince Amadeo has a better feeling of PR because his website constantly presents different documents in his favour (in italian, english, french version) .

Sito ufficiale della Casa Savoia - Attualità

According to website of Aosta family the accusation made by Kyara against prince Amadeo was closed. The judge declared that "prince Amadeo admitted his responsability of father " and complaint of Kyara "was devoid of any legal legitimacy"

Sito ufficiale della Casa Savoia - Attualità

As I already wrote prince Amadeo Aosta has a better feeling of PR because his website is updated constantly- the recent information regards attempts of prince VE e FE to gain support from other royal houses for their dynastical claims. And their failure is commented in prince Amadeo website.

http://www.realcasadisavoia.it/files/ordinidinastici/20070406_Real_Irmandade_en.pdf

The link presents statement posted in website of prince Amadeo Aosta and written by Royal House of Portugal. I was a bit confused about the right thread and I have choosen this one because I think it regards attempts made by prince VE and FE to gain support from other royal house (as I written in post nr 137)

Vini Savoia Aosta

If somebody would like to taste the wines produced by prince Amadeo Aosta here's the info....

The princess is the spitting image of her mother, Princess Claude of France. Thanks for posting, Tosca.

and make a daughter, Ginevra, with Kyara van Ellinkhuizen.
Things are on the table of Italian Justice.
Amedeo lawyers is Avv. Antonella Tomassini (Rome).
Kyara lawyer is Avv. Enrico Visciano (Milan).
If things they go on, who knows what will be of the story?
Hello daughter.

amedeo d'aosta:"terrorist of sea".<i like the people of greenpeace:littel words,much facts>say the duke d'aosta amedeo di savoia,whom with much enthusiasm took part in "greenpeace's sea",in defence of the mediterranean sea on bord of Rainbow Warrior:<on the ship i've found a good group:young,cosmopolites,serious.it's like a kibbutz,for example after launch everyone cleans his plate> the duke defences the association's determination:<the people call it ecoterrorist,but for me they are bersaglieri (italian military),maybe they exaggerate,but their enemys are more dangerous>http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x35/noirfabi/scansione0002-6.jpg

Eccolo il principe! He shows himself but for good cause. And in contrast to Savoia family- if I remember well Savoia are not engaged in environmental protection ...

The website of prince Amadeo (Sito ufficiale della Casa Savoia) has a new link to crocerealdisavoia. Until now it's only in italian but there's gallery with pics- go to galleria immagini- reall worth to be seen.

crocerealedisavoia - Gallerie di immagini

http://www.realcasadisavoia.org/files/stampa/20070924_LaStampa_p17_en.pdf

The website of prince Amadeo has published translation into english of article from italian newspaper "Stampa" regarding amonh other things possible confrontation between prince Vittorio e Amadeo during the reopening of palace of Venaria (12 october).

Great, I wonder who will be going knock out this time? Perhaps they should invite Queen Anne Marie too, as she took care of the wounded the last time the two quarreling cousins met ;).

http://www.realcasadisavoia.org/files/stampa/20070924_LaStampa_p17_en.pdf

The website of prince Amadeo has published translation into english of article from italian newspaper "Stampa" regarding amonh other things possible confrontation between prince Vittorio e Amadeo during the reopening of palace of Venaria (12 october).
Read it again. It's Prince Emanuele Filiberto, not Vittorio Emanuele. So there should be no unprovoked attack on the Duke of Aosta and Queen Anne Marie's assistance shouldn't be required. I do note however that Princess Marie Gabrielle will be on hand for the event. Has she a certificate in First Aid? :D

Which palace are they fighting for? Venaria Palace has been a property of the Italian Republic since 1946!?

This info regards Savoy family but I put firstly it in this thread so I prefer to continue here.
So, according to valoriefuturo.it (website of Prince EF) prince Vittorio Emanuele with his wife Marina and son Emanuele attended the official opening of Venaria Palace.

I highly recommend the website La Venaria Reale - sito ufficiale (there's also english version)- I was really impressed by richness of decors, magnificence of place.

multimedia - LASTAMPA.it

Here's link to video with fantastic views of Venaria Palace (btw called "Italian Versailles")

I do note however that Princess Marie Gabrielle will be on hand for the event. Has she a certificate in First Aid? :D

Almost all female members of the Italian Royal Family are Red Cross nurses.;)

There are few pictures of the Duke of Aosta and his 1st wife, Princess Claude d'Orléans on their wedding day @

Olycom

The Duke Amedeo of Aosta with his wife Princess Silvia Paternò di Spedalotto and their cousin Princess Maria Gabriella di Savoia, at the Duke's home in Tuscany.

DIVAeDONNA

HRH Prince Amedeo, Duke of Savoia and Head of the Italian Royal Family prepared also this year a Message for the New Year.The Message could be found on the site of the Italian Royal Family:

www.realcasadisavoia.org

Back
Top Bottom