The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Italy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I happened to read a few line in an article about Kyara van Ellinkhuzen's father in Italian mag "DIPIU" the other day.

Well, like some of you stated here he isn't a duke at all. He's a 66y/o painter named Berthus, who told the interviewer that he hasn't seen his daughter since 1990. And that he doesn't approve his daughter telling about her private life in a TV show.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

According to today's TV news, Kyara van Ellinkhuizen is going to sue Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta for making their relationship and her pregnancy public.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I was watching the TV just a moment ago. There was Kyara Van Ellinkhuizen being hosted by "La vita in diretta" once again.
She said she hasn't been feeling well lately because she's being kept under pressure by Amedoe's lawyers.
She was in the company of a man who's acting as a-go-between with Amedeo, and is trying to get in touch with him, but he seems to be unreacheable.
BTW she's expecting a daughter.

I cannot understand why the interviewers are still going on calling her "duchessina", that is duke's daughter in English, if she isn't of noble stock.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

she's making a tv show now...too much! always 'grumbling' on tv and saying about her condition...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Kyara was on Tv again yesterday. She's expecting a baby girl, whose name will be Ginevra.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

i read on the franco iberian mb that on gente there is an article saying kyara's daughter will be born with downs syndrome. tosca, especially you, any confirmation...
thanks!
Old 02-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, nokklav, I don't read Gente, so I cannot confirm anything. However I happened to hear on TV programme "La Vita in Diretta" on RAI 1, where Kyara seems to have become a household figure, her and her ex-partner Fabrizio d'Alistal, say they needed to contact the Duke of Aosta as soon as possible, bcause there were some problems. Actually they didn't say whether these problems were related to Kyara's pregnancy or money issues...
Kyara also added that shouldn't Amedeo turn up, then she would have talked to the press about these problems. If so the poor kid's illness must be true...:(
Old 02-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Commoner

I've read on the Italian newspaper Il giornale that Kyara and Amedeo's daughter has down syndrome, too.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Aristocracy

poor little kid! i hope they will raise her in the best way possible. she will be born in a difficult situation, and now her condition. anyways, if her mum is intelligent enough, ginevra should have a fairly 'normal' life, as she deserves
Old 02-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Nobility

I have read also on Netty Royalty's news as follows :
Kyara van Ellinkhuizen, who expects a child with the Duke of Aosta, told the press that the baby will be a girl. She will call her Ginevra. Pre-birth examinations have shown that the girl has Down Syndrome.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Royal Highness

I think she shouldn't have made known publicly her girl has Down syndrome. It's so a difficult moment that it seems indecent to me to announce it to the whole world.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I watched her interviewed by La Vita...yesterday, but unfortunately when I switched on the TV, the interview was almost over. However I understood that Amedeo will provide for the little Ginevra, but he doesn't want to meet his former mistress anymore. The only one in the family to care about this child is Aimone, the Duke's son, according to what Kyara said.
The reason Kyara talked to the press, was that Amedeo was totally ignoring her, and always refused to get in touch with her or her ex-partner, who acted as a go-between on Kyara's behalf.
As far as I can see he also refuses the kid's parenting. Many a man get out of responsibility where a handicapped child is concerned.
And that's a peculiarity of the Carignano family (the real House of Savoy died out in mid- XIX century) excell: they're great escapologists!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
I think she shouldn't have made known publicly her girl has Down syndrome. It's so a difficult moment that it seems indecent to me to announce it to the whole world.
I disagree, I would rather them announce it, then to hide it in shame. They can raise awarness of the disorder.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I disagree, I would rather them announce it, then to hide it in shame. They can raise awarness of the disorder.
Yes, but it would have been to announce it after the birth IMO, so that would have given the impression this Down-syndrom is not used to put pressure on the father.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

One more piece of news on Kyara's baby: little Ginevra will undergo stomach sugery soon after her birth. She'll have duodenum surgery to allow her to survive.
Duke Amedeo said he's very sorry. (source Gente via Dagospia.it)
Old 03-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

According to Dagospia, Kyara van Ellinkhuizen would have signed a contract with TV show "La Vita in Diretta" on 15th November 2005, and that will expire on the 6th June 2006, to turn her affair with Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta into sort of a reality show. The author of the article swears he read it.
Here's the original article written in Italian taken from Dagospia

8 - KYARA: UNA VITA IN DIRETTA... E SOTTO CONTRATTO
Povera Kyara van Ellynkhuizen! La "duchessina" di origini fiamminghe, regista di noire, in attesa di una bambina dal duca Amedeo d'Aosta, continua a essere bersagliata da voci cattive a proposito delle sue rivelazioni tv e carta stampata. Kyara, si dice, avrebbe fatto della sua triste storia (sedotta e abbandonata dal principe, mentre era incinta della piccola che nascerà a breve, putroppo affetta da sindrome di Down) un dramma a puntate, con tanto di introiti. Il 15 novembre 2005, infatti, e risulta da un documento di cui abbiamo preso visione, avrebbe sottoscritto un lauto contratto con La vita in diretta, per l'esclusiva tv, contratto che scadrà il prossimo 6 giugno. Sembra poi che Kyara si rifiuti di rispondere alla richiesta di informazioni sulla salute della bambina, inoltrate per il tramite dei suoi legali da Amedeo d'Aosta.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Aristocracy

poor ginevra. she's got nothing to do with all this story,but it seems she will eb the only one suffering, whilst her mother continues her comedy!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokklav
poor ginevra. she's got nothing to do with all this story,but it seems she will eb the only one suffering, whilst her mother continues her comedy!
The "duchess" was hosted at "La Vita in Diretta" again yesterday. I don't know why, each time I switch on that channel, she always happens to be around. Yesterday it was Women's Day here, so they found an excuse to wish her well and interview her once again on the same topic.
Of course she didn't say anything new: Amedeo cannot be found, and she complained for having to go to the hospital to have tests almost everyday all alone. Sometimes it's her former partner Prince Fabrizio Caleffi d'Alistal that accompanies her. Of course he was sitting next to her yesterday too.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Kyara was hosted at "LaVitaInDiretta" once again this evening.
She announced that Amedeo accepted to meet her next Monday.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Ginevra, the daughter of Duke Amedeo di Savoia-Aosta and his ex mistress, Italian-Duch film director Kyara van Ellinkhuizen, was born last night some weeks before time. She weighted kg 2,800 at birth.

Tags
amedeo, aosta, duke of aosta, savoy-aosta