Engagement of Prince Carlos of B-P & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel; October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 summer weddings so far. :flowers:

And maybe a third,if Prince Nikolaos and Tatjana clear that up on their press conference this coming monday february 1st in Athens.:flowers:

Did they say something about the dinastycal issues of their marriage? Carlos asked Annemarie's father his permission, but did he asked to his own father? (I think so...) And what did Carlos Hugo answer him?

According to the royalty expert of RTL Boulevard the wedding is in the spring, but royalblog sais August. Tomorrow the original source, Royalty, is in stores with an exclusive interview with the couple, I'm going to buy it and let you know what correct is. I'll also see if there is something in it about the dynastic issue of their wedding.

Josette

The couple gave an interview to a royalty magazine (which will be published tomorrow), in which they say that the wedding will take place in August and in the city of Brussels, since that is the city where they met & it can be reached easily by international friends.

The prince asked Annemarie to marry him during a picnic at the pond at estate het Loo in Apeldoorn. He also says that his father has no problems whatsoever with the marriage.

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Huwelijk prins Carlos in zomer in Brussel

Now, I can't imagine that they will use the SS Gudele &Michel cathedral, but Ste. Catherine's would be a nice option. Place St. Catherine is one of my favourite places in Brussels, due to the high number of chocolate shops are located on the square.

Last edited:
The couple gave an interview to a royalty magazine (which will be published tomorrow), in which they say that the wedding will take place in August and in the city of Brussels, since that is the city where they met & it can be reached easily by international friends.

The prince asked Annemarie to marry him during a picnic at the pond at estate het Loo in Apeldoorn. He also says that his father has no problems whatsoever with the marriage.

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Huwelijk prins Carlos in zomer in Brussel

Now, I can't imagine that they will use the SS Gudele &Michel cathedral, but Ste. Catherine's would be a nice option. Place St. Catherine is one of my favourite places in Brussels, due to the high number of chocolate shops are located on the square.

As posted by me earlier ;) There is a problem with the date though, RTL Boulevard said spring 2010. I'm buying the magazine today to see what it really is. :flowers:

Josette

They say all parents are really happy about this wedding. (Like they would really say something else. :s ) When I read the magazine partly, (I have a final today) I couldn't see anything about a date, I'll read the entire article tonight.
Josette

It doesn't say where they met, but it does say there love started in Brussels, but that could mean they met in Brussels or the fell in love in Brussels.

According to the article, the future title/style/name of Annemarie
Her Royal Highness Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma, Princess of Piacenza and Duchess of Madrid.

However, the future Princess will be using her maiden name for work.

Annemarie is Protestant. But they don't think it would cause a problem. And the not of Noble blood part would (according to the couple) also not be a problem.

Why they do not simply give up every claim, at least to Spain? I mean, you are protestant, you don't care about tradition, etc ... why to keep that titles and claims? Wouldn't you be happy the same if you are not "duchess of Madrid"?
And I am really curious in which "official occasions" she will use that title.. How is possible that the Spanish Royal family do not complain with courts recognising that title?

I guess that in the official occasions she will use only the title of HRH Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma, a title that is officially recognized to her future husband and his siblings in the Netherlands.
Moreover, I've always seen the Bourbon-Parmas styled only with the title of Prince(ss) of B-P, and never with their carlist titles.
Btw, I agree with you, the carlist claims and titles are a nonsense.

It doesn't say where they met, but it does say there love started in Brussels, but that could mean they met in Brussels or the fell in love in Brussels.

According to the article, the future title/style/name of Annemarie
Her Royal Highness Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma, Princess of Piacenza and Duchess of Madrid.

However, the future Princess will be using her maiden name for work.

Annemarie is Protestant. But they don't think it would cause a problem. And the not of Noble blood part would (according to the couple) also not be a problem.

It does say where they met,in Brussels where both lived and worked,as was posted here in several posts.
See Marengo's blog,he also mentions it.:)

On the Duke/Duchess of Madrid title,Amedeo & Mafan,the family doesn't use these titles since decades really,it's a dorment title so to say.The Family,this part that is,distant themselves from the Carlist movement and have never used them again since.Oh,on official occasions,other then weddings and funerals,they don't have any.Allthough Carlos is at times seen with HM,his favorite aunt and godmother,when she has an official function.He accompanies her when there's something in his range of interests by invitation of HM.But nothing concerning Court matters/agenda's let alone acting on behalve of one of our senior Royals,no,there won't be that.But then one can't trust a sloppy magazine for knowing the ins- and outs of the Dutch Royal Court,even tho they pretend they do or make others believe that.:)

The religion?Not a problem in modern day The Netherlands,it's considered weltfremd these days if people make a fuss over that,is laughed at.
And rightfully so,it is rediculous that people could not marry for the sake of their faith.Medieval practice we've abolished here except in holyer than thou circles,but they're rather rare these days.Oh,if she likes she can convert,no-one says she won't some day,as did Carlos's mother and his aunt Christina.But it most certainly isn't a must to gain happiness and live happily ever after.With all due respect ofcourse,but it needs more then HH the Pope,or so I'm told.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out Marc, to descent from the Byzantine emperors, now just how romatic is that idea?!
A very interesting geneology indeed. Do you have any idea where the Gualthérie part of her name comes from, it doesn't sound typically Dutch. French Huegenots maybe?

----
In royalty programme 'Blauw Bloed' it was said that prince Carlos and Annemarie will marry in the second half of the year. A late summer or autumn wedding probably.

The family is(as far as I could go) from Wouw in Brabant-Southern Netherlands...

Yes,she has interesting genealogy and it "sounds" romantic that she descends from the Byzantine Emperors and Bourbons themselves ;)

Just to be sure, I wrote to "comunion tradicionalista", supporter of Sixte-Henry, to ask about dynastic issues of the wedding: it will NOT be considered dynastic by them.

Luckily neither the comunion tradicionalista nor prince Sixte Henry himself are the ones who decide about these matters. The duke of Parma decides about these matters and all we know about his views are what his sons said in an interview in 'Royalty', that all 4 parents of the couple are happy with the engagement.

Moreover, considering the problems between the two brothers Carlos Hugo and Sixte Henri, and considering the rather conservative ideas and ideals of the second one, it goes without saying that Sixte Henri never would consider equal the marriage of Carlos and Annemarie.
As Marengo said, Carlos Hugo is the only one who can decide; and I really hope he will make publoc his decision soon.

For supporters of Carlos Hugo, Carlos Hugo decides, for supporters of Sixte-Henry, Sixte-Henry decides. If you think that Carlos Hugo is the one who decides, you are welcome, but you must accept that somebody think in a different way.

I wasn't too sure about Sixte-Henry's decision because if not Carlos and Jaime, who can be the heir?

Last edited by a moderator:
If S-E considers equal the marriage of a Prince of Bourbon-Parma to a "mere" Countess (and he should, since his father married a "mere countess" as well), the next in line of succession after him will be Prince Philipp and Prince Alain (children of his late cousin Prince Jacques), and after them Prince Michel (Jacques' brother, and the current husband of Princess Maria Pia, née Princess of Savoy).
What now I wonder is if really someone is supporting Sixte-Henri as claimant to the Duchy of Parma instead of Carlos Hugo; I can understand if someone supports him as Carlist leader, but the headship of Carlism should be separate matter from the headship of the Ducal Family imo.

For supporters of Carlos Hugo, Carlos Hugo decides, for supporters of Sixte-Henry, Sixte-Henry decides. If you think that Carlos Hugo is the one who decides, you are welcome, but you must accept that somebody think in a different way.

I wasn't too sure about Sixte-Henry's decision because if not Carlos and Jaime, who can be the heir?

Sixte is of no consequence to any matter regarding the Bourbon de Parme Family.Let that be absolutely clear for each and everyone.

I have made my points several times on Sixte,and if you wish to know this read the thread on the Bourbon Parma family in the Italian section.That man has no say in anything. It has nothing to do with thinking a different way,
he is absolutely of NO consequence,nor is any of his verbal diarhea.No-one gives a dime for that man.

HRH The Duke of Parma decides,and only him,as HE is the Head of the House,and that is the ONLY one whose words count.Solo.

His Royal Highness The Duke of Parma celebrates his 80th birthday today,thursday april 8th.
Many Happy returns!

Last edited:
The discussion about Carlism and prince Sixtus Henri has been copied/moved to this thread at the Italian forum.

Posts about the civil wedding of prince Carlos and princess Annemarie have been moved to this thread in the wedding forum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom