A daughter for Prince Aimone & Princess Olga: Princess Isabella 14 Dec 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice name, maybe I hoped for a less Orleans, more Savoy name :whistling:

The new princess will be called Isabella.

Her namesake is her father's maternal grandmother, the late Comtesse de Paris.

Source: U.M.I. - ISABELLA: UNA NUOVA PRINCIPESSA IN CASA SAVOIA

Was it reported somewhere that she was named after the late Comtesse de Paris? I'm not sure the Savoy-Aosta grandchildren enjoyed a close relationship with the french grandparents..

She could have been named after Isabelle, duchesse de Guise that is, along with her husband, the closest common ancestor between Aimone and Olga :flowers:

Thanks for the swift response Benjamin! Ah, too bad, wish they could give her a title since there are so few male members left and so many gorgeous, historical titles available...

She surely has a title: she is a Princess and a Royal Highness. That sounds even better that being duchess of some place, but, more important, this is the tradition in the Savoy family and I hope it will continue like this! :flowers:

The name has been used before in the house of Savoy the last time for princess Isabella of Savoy-Genoa. I wonder how many great-granddaughters of the late countess were named in her honour, the previous one must have been Isabelle of Anjou (dau. of the duchess of Cadaval).

-
I believe esp. the relationship with the Duchess of Württemberg has been difficult, as I recall a story that she tried to intervene during the divorce of princess Claude and the duke of Aosta.

In 'l'histoire de ma vie' there are no pictures of the late countess of Paris with her Aosta grandchildren, apart from her at the baptism of princess Bianca. I don't believe many Orleans relatives were attending the Aosta-Greece wedding either, though the cameras may have missed them.

Last edited:
She surely has a title: she is a Princess and a Royal Highness. That sounds even better that being duchess of some place, but, more important, this is the tradition in the Savoy family and I hope it will continue like this! :flowers:

Very true but I do miss the abundance of Dukes and Counts, maybe they'll have another boy to placate me :p Do Isabella and her brothers hold just Italian citizenship or dual with French (or another)?

The name has been used before in the house of Savoy the last time for princess Isabella of Savoy-Genoa. I wonder how many great-granddaughters of the late countess were named in her honour, the previous one must have been Isabelle of Anjou (dau. of the duchess of Cadaval).

-
I believe esp. the relationship with the Duchess of Württemberg has been difficult, as I recall a story that she tried to intervene during the divorce of princess Claude and the duke of Aosta.

In 'l'histoire de ma vie' there are no pictures of the late countess of Paris with her Aosta grandchildren, apart from her at the baptism of princess Bianca. I don't believe many Orleans relatives were attending the Aosta-Greece wedding either, though the cameras may have missed them.

There should be 5 Isabelle/Isabella (as a first name) between her 96 great-grandchildren:
-archduchess Isabella of Austria (2000)
-countess Isabelle of Schonborn-Buchheim (2003)
-princess Isabelle of Chartres (2005)
-princess Isabelle of Anjou (2012)
-princess Isabelle of Savoy (2012)

You are right there were no Orleans at the dukes of Apulia's wedding (the guests were so few, I think we would have known) and, I think, no Savoy-Aostas at the wedding of the dukes of Vendome..

I didn't know about Diana and the divorce of the dukes of Aosta. Was she trying to convince them not to divorce? if you can share more I would be much interested!

:previous:
None of the Orléans cousins and relatives attended the wedding of Olga and Aimone; a fact that I thought to be quite odd, since they are close relatives to both them.
And indeed at the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Vendome none of the Savoy cousins attended, though Princess Claude attended it with her husband.

Weren't also some clashes between the late Count of Paris and the Duke of Aosta at the time of the divorce between Amedeo and Claude?

What a lovely name :flowers:
Always have loved Marina in particular, that's such a beautiful name.

So we speak now about HRH Princess Isabella Vita Marina of Savoy.

Marina is such a pretty name, and it goes well with Isabella and Vita. Does anyone know why the Princess's middle name is Vita, is it in honour of a relative/ancestor? I haven't heard this name before, and I like it! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom