A boy for Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy: Umberto - March 7, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's great news, Count!
No matter what the Duke of Aosta pretends to be, Umberto is a very nice name for a boy. At least, the aristocrats still keep alive the tradition to attach their children Italian names. We're sick and tired of Tobias, Christian, Johnathan a.s.o...

...and also the name of our last King...

It is not a very common name, expecially for young people; but I like it.

With 'Umberto' the Aostas are associating the new generation with the line of the Kings of Italy. With good reason: there's every possibility that Prince Umberto will one day be the undisputed Head of the Royal House of Savoy and the current differences will recede into history. Call it dynastic planning; like all good Royals, always look to the long term. :)

I am very happy too with the choice of the name (let me say: "I said it" eheh)

Umberto is a very nice sounding name by the way

I thought they'd go with Amadeo, which I love! Umberto is ok though since its the name of former kings of Italy, I can see their reasoning.

Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy became parents for the first time today. It's a boy.
italy_small.gif

http://www.monarchia.it/home.html

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great news!
All the best to the newborn and parents:flowers:

The couple named the baby Umberto, after the last king of Italy. Umberto is also the second name of prince Aimone btw. The boy was born in Paris.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Prince Aimone and Princess Olga!:flowers:

Congrats to the couple!! :italyflag: Welcome to the world little prince!

I wonder if they will give him additional names like the rest of the Italian Royal Family, or if he will have one or two like the Greek side of his family.

I think that one of the names he is given will be Michael after her Father.

Wonderful news I can't wait to see him ! Do you think they will publish a pi cture ?

Also I wonder if he will recieve a title like Italian princes normally do. Duke of Spoleto, maybe?

Yay! Welcome Prince Umberto. Congratulations to the new parents.

My congratulations to TRH the Dukes of Aosta!!! We have a new Heir!!! Welcome Umberto!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :fireworks:
All the best wishes to the happy parents and their newborn son :angel:

I am really glad for the Princes and my best wishes to the new Duke of Aosta.
But I do not know if Umberto was the right name..

I am really glad for the Princes and my best wishes to the new Duke of Aosta.
But I do not know if Umberto was the right name..
Why don't you think Umberto is the right name?

Great, a new heir! The Italian Royal Family seems to need more male children, as the line of succession is very short. Let's hope more sons will follow in the Aosta branch ;) I also hope that The Prince and Princess of Venice & Piedmont won't have any sons, so that the succession passes to Aosta branch smoothly and that this boy has better chances of becoming King of Italy one day. When two branches of Royal Family claim the throne, monarchy is not likely to be restored.

PS: He was born on my birthday! The day before my birthday I was going through the calender and thinking how sad it is that I don't share my birthday with any royal person. Well now I do :D

Great, a new heir! The Italian Royal Family seems to need more male children, as the line of succession is very short. Let's hope more sons will follow in the Aosta branch ;) I also hope that The Prince and Princess of Venice & Piedmont won't have any sons, so that the succession passes to Aosta branch smoothly and that this boy has better chances of becoming King of Italy one day. When two branches of Royal Family claim the throne, monarchy is not likely to be restored.

PS: He was born on my birthday! The day before my birthday I was going through the calender and thinking how sad it is that I don't share my birthday with any royal person. Well now I do :D

see who which other royal sahres your birthday...;)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...n-your-birthday-17008.html?highlight=birthday

Kotroman,congratulations to you,too :flowers: ;) I hoped little Umberto would be born in April,so that I could share the same birthday with him,but totally failed :cool: :D Does anyone have news about the current situation of Olga and the newborn baby?I'm sure everything is just fine :angel:

According to the site of the Unione Monarchica Italiana, both Olga and Umberto are in good health.

Congratulations to the parents :D
All the best for them !!!

Congrats to the happy parents!:flowers:

As far as I know, no Italian newspaper or TV news programme announced the birth of the little Prince.

Perhaps they will say something on "La Vita in Diretta" tonight... but I highly doubt it.

Congrats to the happy parents!:flowers:

As far as I know, no Italian newspaper or TV news programme announced the birth of the little Prince.

Perhaps they will say something on "La Vita in Diretta" tonight... but I highly doubt it.
I hate this side of Italians...

Congratulations to the happy parents.
Happy belated birthday Kotroman.

Thank you iakynthi and Odette! :flowers:

When will he be christened? I suppose they'll anounce his godparents and full name after the christening. When do Italian princes usually receive their ducal titles?

I always assumed they recieved them from birth like the Swedish princes did, although it's at the discretion of the monarch, so who knows if Vittorio Emanuele will even give little Umberto a title, but I figure Amedeo will probably do it through his own claim as head of house.

Back
Top Bottom