A boy for Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy: Umberto - March 7, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
she was pregnant when she married? id the ortodox church accepts the catholic marriage or vice-versa why the qeen sofia married 2?

she was pregnant when she married? id the ortodox church accepts the catholic marriage or vice-versa why the qeen sofia married 2?

Apparently she was pregnant when she married. Congratulations!
In the post above it said that Aimone got a special dispensation from the Catholic Church n Moscow.
Sofia married in the G.O Church as a G.O princess then she married the same day in the Catholic Church in Athens. I want to say she converted to Catholicism at that point but I am not sure. However if she were to reign in Spain as a Catholic Queen she needed to have been married in the Catholic Church.

Wow, congrats!!

Now the speculation will start to run rampant. Will they have a son to further strengthen Amedeo's claim to being head of house? If Aimone and Olga have a son, I'm sure Amedeo will somehow rub that in the face of Vittorio Emanuele for having an heir to his heir.

I hope the baby is healthy and I'm excited to find out about the name! If it's a boy, I bet we can expect Michele somewhere :]

Why don't we start knitting booties?? White yellow and red and send them over to them with our wishes? It is too cold in Moscow and the royal baby will be nice and snug.

Why don't we start knitting booties?? White yellow and red and send them over to them with our wishes? It is too cold in Moscow and the royal baby will be nice and snug.

What a sweet idea :wub:

I looked at the month they were married and when the baby is due she certainly has been pregnant way before her and the prince tied the knot.But that is nice news congrats to them both.

Okay, I can't read Italian. Can someone translate? thanks.

This is what I got from google translator. I'm sure someone who has better skills in Italian can clarify:

"A marriage greek, sober and cheerful." Amedeo di Savoia, Duke of Aosta, told "A" marriage
his son, Aimone, with Olga of Greece. A festival to celebrate even the little heir on the way.
Luciano Ruler
It was a greek wedding, joyful and peaceful. " Amedeo di Savoia, Duke of Aosta, for the monarchists
Italian heir to the throne that there is no more comments so the wedding of his son, Prince
Aimone, with the Princess Olga of Greece, the island of Patmos, last Sept. 27, and entrusts
to A pictures that he and his wife Silvia Paternò Spedalotto have taken to the ceremony. "And
There is no mischievous reference to Joel Zwick film "My big fat greek wedding"
states with typical irony, reinforced by many years of life Tuscan nell'aretino. To make it joyful,
There is another happy event at the gates: Aimone and Olga already expecting a child. News that the spouses
not lie, but not confirmed officially, as it was a time in families
real, until completion of the fourth month of pregnancy, by tradition and scaramanzia.

The couple is expecting their first child in April 2009.
This explains why they hadn't announced their marriage months before.
Anyways I find very ridiculous that they had to get married because Olga was pregnant, considering that they had announced their engagement 3 years ago.
I hope the baby is healthy and I'm excited to find out about the name! If it's a boy, I bet we can expect Michele somewhere :]
I wonder why should be Michele, I guess they will give the baby a Savoia Aosta family name, obviously.
http://www.purepeople.com/17397-Maison-de-Savoie-un-mariage-et-un-bebe-.html

I still wonder why they let the news slip out so early in her pregnancy. Granted they did not confirm or deny but if the news were announced around the end of the year it would seem more "natural" although still most would pull out their calculators to figure things out:whistling:
Wish them lots of good luck and a healthy bouncy baby!

I wonder why should be Michele, I guess they will give the baby a Savoia Aosta family name, obviously.
Maison de Savoie : un mariage et… un bébé !

Michele is the Italian for Michael, which is Olga's father's name, so I think they would put that there.

Maybe Amedeo Michele, followed by a string of other names, at least one of which will probably be Maria :flowers:

Michele is the Italian for Michael, which is Olga's father's name, so I think they would put that there.

Maybe Amedeo Michele, followed by a string of other names, at least one of which will probably be Maria :flowers:

Do they still do this? In most Royal families the children were named names that were not that of the grandmother or grandfather.

All four Danish royal children have names from at least one grandparent! The Italians seem to have a thing for longer names, so I figure if Aimone and Olga decide to go with a long name, at least one or both of these would appear in a boy's name. Both of his siblings have included the name of their parent or sibling. Three of Princess Bianca's children are named after family:
Vera Clementina Verde Aimone Elena Maria
MafaldaViolante Giovanna Olga Maria
Leonardo Amedeo Moreschino Sai Maria

Princess Mafalda's youngest daughter is named
Elena Maria Carlotta Claude Silvia Stefania Vittoria Lombardo di San Chirico

Great news!!!

Congratulations!!!:flowers:
I was waiting for that...I don't care about the name,I'm sure that Olga will chose the best (she has an excellent taste!),I just want them to be happy and healthy!!:angel:

Giovanna,thank you for the link!I think that in the end it says that the couple lives in Moscow right now.And does "hijo" mean "son" or "child" in general?Does anyone know?

Giovanna,thank you for the link!I think that in the end it says that the couple lives in Moscow right now.And does "hijo" mean "son" or "child" in general?Does anyone know?
Yes, hijo means son. The article is not that interesting, but this is the first time that Hola speaks about the wedding!

So it's gonna be a baby boy :angel:
Isn't it a little bit early to know about the baby's sex?Olga is only 3 months pregnant.Can the doctors predict it so early?

No iakynthi, in Spanish they say like we do in Italian.
We usually use the male words "bambino" or "figlio" when we don't know the sex of the baby yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right.I'm sorry,I thought it was reliable,because in English,as well as in Greek,there is the word "child" or "paidi" that covers both sexes.So,we have to wait and see what will happen...

Well, let's the baby be born first, before speculating on his/her name.
If the baby is a boy, and Emanuele Filiberto won't have any son, then the prophecy by Padre Pio to Queen Maria José will come true. He said to her: "your familly branch is soon going to bear no more fruit, whilst the Aosta branch will bring the dinasty forth". We'll see....

Can you give more details about this prophecy ? Thanks

I think 'hijo' can be either, but if the gender is unknown, it means 'child' in general. I don't speak Spanish, so perhaps someone can clarify :]

I read original italian version of article (in italian magazine "A'") and according to this article they still live in Moscow but they have already bought the house in region of Puglia (AImone is "the prince of Puglia). The article speaks about "baby" without specifying the sex.

Can you give more details about this prophecy ? Thanks

There aren't any additional details to report. But take it with a grain of salt, of course.

I still think it's weird that they'll have a child together as they are quite close related.

Back
Top Bottom