A boy for Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy: Umberto - March 7, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do our Italian friends think they will name their baby son?
Also now that it leaked that the baby is a boy, will the parents get married in the Catholic Church as well? To better his chances for becoming officially the heir to the Crown?

Yes, Catholic Church recognise the Patmos wedding; I woul like (and think they're probable) as names of the child Amedeo or Umberto; Umberto would be a very good "political" choice, linking the "Aostas" to the last King of Italy who biologically is nearer to the opposite perty (VE and EF).
Umberto Biancamano was also the first Savoy

What about Vittorio Amedeo?;)

Yes, Catholic Church recognise the Patmos wedding; I woul like (and think they're probable) as names of the child Amedeo or Umberto; Umberto would be a very good "political" choice, linking the "Aostas" to the last King of Italy who biologically is nearer to the opposite perty (VE and EF).
Umberto Biancamano was also the first Savoy
I agree with you, Umberto could be the best choice; Umberto Amedeo Michele or Umberto Michele Amedeo...

Possible Names for Olga and Amoine's Baby Boy

I'm thinking

Vittorio Amedeo Michele Maria Alessandro Amoine

I was looking forward for a thread like that,since the baby is coming in 4 months :angel: Ok,I'm not going to guess a possible name,I'll just mention some names in Italian that I really like for a boy:Giorgio,Antonio,Luigi,Giovanni,Marco and Christoforo :flowers:

Tey're I would say original pair so maybe something Greek:

girl
Agathe
Alexandra
Anastasia
Efimia
Elene or Helene
Filippa
Korina
Marina
Selene
Timothea
Zoe

boy
Akakios
Alexandros
Andreas
Angelos
Dimitris
Georgios or George
Iason or Jason
Nikolas
Achilles
Zeus

I liked almost all of the names you suggested,magnik :flowers:
But what was that Akakios?I'm saying this,because it could be the perfect name for a priest or a monk :D At least,that's the way we see it in Greece ;) Anyway,deep inside I hoped they would choose a Greek name,but I believe that Aimone's background won't allow it :rolleyes:

Here you go my dear:
it's Greek, Ancient Greek and " Means "innocent, not evil" from Greek α, a negative prefix, combined with κακη (kake) "evil". This was the name of three early saints, two of whom were martyred"

:ohmy: Jesus,you explained it better than me (and mind you,I'm a Greek literature Professor :D ).Now people can understand the reason why it's so common among priests ;) Personally,I could never imagine Olga picking that name for her baby boy,she would find it too old (just like me...:cool:)....:rolleyes:

Something other:
girl
Claude, Claudia,
Irene

boy
Amedeo (isn't it family tradition?)
Emanuele (but I don't think so)
Tomislav
Umberto

Than if it help you somehow iakynthi - http://www.behindthename.com/ :flowers: + years on studies (different kinds of history including history of the Church)
As someone said: We learn for all life.

I am for

Prince Antonio Miguel Marie Christopherus Giuseppe Nikolaos Filiberto Petros Fernandino
or
Princess Giovanna Marie Claude Francoise Irene Theodora Helena Maria Vittoria

I think I read somewhere (possibly here or royalsportal?) that the child is a little boy.

I think they will name him Umberto to strengthen their claim as the claimant branch of the Italian RF. Possibly adding Giorgio for their shared Greek ancestors.

If it is a girl, Isabella or Elena are pretty names.

Yes,it will definitely be a boy and I'm so happy that you all suggest Greek names even though you know that he will be their first child :flowers: To tell you the truth,I'm not that optimistic.I believe Aimone's family will insist on an Italian name,but let's hope their second child's name will be Greek :angel:

I am sure the name will NOT be Tomislav .. I think Aostas are not proud of Aimone being king of Croatia (Aimone himself wasn't)

I may be wrong. but isn't Giovanna the name of the little girl born out-of-wedlock to Aimone's father and a journalist several years ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
The little girl's name is Ginevra. She was born on March 16 2006.
:)

Yes, that's right. To answer you, Konstantinos was dethronizated in 1974, and Alexandra and Olga were born respectively in 1968 and 1971; so Konstantinos was King at the time.

I think if it,s baby boy, his name would be Amedeo, and if it´s a baby daughter, her name would be Irene. Aimone´s granmother was Irene of Greece.

I think if it,s baby boy, his name would be Amedeo, and if it´s a baby daughter, her name would be Irene. Aimone´s granmother was Irene of Greece.
that would be nice, are there any pictures of them attending any events?

About Aimone and Olga having a baby boy:I wonder why we keep talking with "If"s and "maybe"s about that.Isn't there an official source that confirmed this?A site from the House of Savoy-Aosta perhaps?Thanks in advance!

Publicly, Olga is expecting a "child";
Privately, one of our members with very high credibility has been advised it will be a boy and that information was shared here.

Alright,so I guess it's now wait and see...It's strange,because April is closer than ever.I'm sure Aimone and Olga know already,so I wonder why they refuse to share the news with the people.Is this a difficult pregnancy for Olga?Does anyone know?

Well I hope that The Duchess of Apulia is carrying a boy. The succession to the Italian throne is strictly Salic and if The Duke and Duchess of Apulia don't produce sons, the Royal Family could die out.

I have been busy so I have not had the time to write threads till now.
I do not see anything of strange, they only want a bit of privacy...they are not obliged to share informations with other people...
Anyway, I confirm you that everything is going well for Olga and, if God wants, Prince UMBERTO will see his first day of life in April.

Do They really want to call Him Umberto? That's a wonderful news!!!

A baby already has got a name ...? It is actually great that Princess Olga wants privacy. Pregnancy is both wonderful and difficult period in lives of women. So Princess Olga should do whatever she thinks appropriate and is comfortable with.

Do They really want to call Him Umberto? That's a wonderful news!!!

Yes Mafan, they want to call him Umberto and the reason is a simple one: as we know the Duke of Aosta pretends to be the head of the family, so he wants to continue the tradition of the names of the main branch of the house...

Great news!I'm glad everything goes well with the pregnancy!And the name is beautiful as well!

That's great news, Count!
No matter what the Duke of Aosta pretends to be, Umberto is a very nice name for a boy. At least, the aristocrats still keep alive the tradition to attach their children Italian names. We're sick and tired of Tobias, Christian, Johnathan a.s.o...

Back
Top Bottom