2nd daughter for Carlos & Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma: Princess Cécilia, 17 Oct 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
TRH Duke Carlos Xavier and Duchess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma welcomed yesterday their second child and daughter, HRH Princess Cécilia Maria Johanna Beatrix of Bourbon-Parma.
The baby, who was due for the end of November, was born at the Bronovo Hospital in The Hague at 14.07 on Thursday 17 October 2013. Duchess Annemarie was hospitalized earlier this month, as a precaution. Little Cécilia weighted just 1500 grams.
Both mother and daughter will now remain hospitalized for some time, again as a precaution.

The couple's eldest daughter, Princess Luisa, was born on 9 May 2012 in the same hospital.

Opnieuw dochter voor prins Carlos en prinses Annemarie | nu.nl/binnenland | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl
Google Traduttore

Last edited:
I hope that Princess Cécilia will be soon able to leave the hospital.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Parma! :bourbonparma:

Cecilia is a very pretty name.

Last edited:
End of November? Wow, I hope they are fine and can be released soon from the hospital.

Oh, only 1500 grams. That is so tiny!
I am glad that they are doing well and I hope that they can go home too.

Aww so little but I'm glad the little one is doing well enough to leave the hospital soon. Congratulations to the couple.

The name Johanna was for her grandfather, Johannes (Hans) and i guess that Cecilia was chosen due to Carlos' aunt Cecile of BP.

:previous:
Cecilie is also the middle name of Duchess Annemarie and if I don't mistake was a recurring name in her family.

That was early. I'm so glad that they're both doing well.

Cécilia is Annemarie's middle name as well, isn't it? The name is lovely, I love how they included Beatrix.

I was thinking the name Johanna might be in honor of Prince Johan Friso.

No, on the dutch public tv channel they mention "Johanna" is in honour of her father as Marengo said.
(Johan Friso was generally known as Friso in the family, so i think they would use that name if they did want to remember him)

I had a feeling that she would come soon, when I heard her mother is in the hospital.

Congratulations to parents, grandparents and big sister!

1500 grams converts to 3 lbs 3 ozs and that IS tiny. I hope all is well.

Cecilia is a very pretty name.

No, on the dutch public tv channel they mention "Johanna" is in honour of her father as Marengo said.
(Johan Friso was generally known as Friso in the family, so i think they would use that name if they did want to remember him)

Yes, I know that he went by Friso but I am not aware of any girl's names that come from Friso. Johan Friso's daughter's Zaria's first name is "Joanna," so Johanna could be used in a similar way. Nevertheless, the announcement was made that attributes the name to Annemarie's father.

I hope all continues to go well for this little Princess and her Mother. Could someone please tell us what her birth weight is in pounds and ounces? Math and I have a mutual hatred of each other, so please and thank you!?!

Welcome to the World little Princess and many Blessings on you and your Family!!

Congratulations to the proud parents and elder sister!!:flowers:
I hope that little Cécilia will be better soon :sad:

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Parma. I hope both baby and Mum will bem soon out of the hospital.

I think the new baby should be fine in no time. Even though 3.5 oz is quite small, it's not dangerously small. When she reaches 5 pounds she will be allowed to go home.

Congrats to the parents. Cecelia is a pretty name.

Congratulations and wishing a lot of health to mother and newborn daughter.
I hope they will recover soon.

Congratulations to TRH The Duke & Duchess of Parma

Announcement of the birth of Princess Cecilia on the official page of the Borbon-Parmas:
www.borboneparma.it

Cecilia was chosen in honour of the Duke's aunt and Johanna in honour of Hans van Gualthérie Weezel.

Yesterday, October 22nd, Duke Carlos registered the birth of his 2nd daughter in Den Haag.

** ppe gallery **

Is the little girl recovered now? 1000 g by birth ist very, very tiny. I hope she will be a healthy child.

No news has been released, but no news is good news I guess.

The first photos of Cecilia have been released by Carlos and Annemarie:

PPE Agency

Interesting that PPE notes the photos were taken on October 17 - the same day the baby was born. I'm thinking they possibly made a mistake and meant November 17? As Annemarie and the baby were kept in hospital for a little while after the birth (Cecilia did only weigh 1.5kg - it is incredibly unlikely she would have been released to go home that day).

The first photos of Cecilia have been released by Carlos and Annemarie:

PPE Agency

Interesting that PPE notes the photos were taken on October 17 - the same day the baby was born. I'm thinking they possibly made a mistake and meant November 17? As Annemarie and the baby were kept in hospital for a little while after the birth (Cecilia did only weigh 1.5kg - it is incredibly unlikely she would have been released to go home that day).

Now they write the pictures where taken on 17 November.

I like the first picture where the big sister tips with her finger on the babies head. So cute!

Back
Top Bottom