The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of Italy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

2nd daughter for Carlos & Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma: Princess Cécilia, 17 Oct 2013

TRH Duke Carlos Xavier and Duchess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma welcomed yesterday their second child and daughter, HRH Princess Cécilia Maria Johanna Beatrix of Bourbon-Parma.
The baby, who was due for the end of November, was born at the Bronovo Hospital in The Hague at 14.07 on Thursday 17 October 2013. Duchess Annemarie was hospitalized earlier this month, as a precaution. Little Cécilia weighted just 1500 grams.
Both mother and daughter will now remain hospitalized for some time, again as a precaution.

The couple's eldest daughter, Princess Luisa, was born on 9 May 2012 in the same hospital.

Opnieuw dochter voor prins Carlos en prinses Annemarie | nu.nl/binnenland | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl
Google Traduttore

Old 10-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope that Princess Cécilia will be soon able to leave the hospital.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Parma!

Cecilia is a very pretty name.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Courtier

End of November? Wow, I hope they are fine and can be released soon from the hospital.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Oh, only 1500 grams. That is so tiny!
I am glad that they are doing well and I hope that they can go home too.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Aww so little but I'm glad the little one is doing well enough to leave the hospital soon. Congratulations to the couple.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The name Johanna was for her grandfather, Johannes (Hans) and i guess that Cecilia was chosen due to Carlos' aunt Cecile of BP.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Cecilie is also the middle name of Duchess Annemarie and if I don't mistake was a recurring name in her family.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

That was early. I'm so glad that they're both doing well.

Cécilia is Annemarie's middle name as well, isn't it? The name is lovely, I love how they included Beatrix.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
The name Johanna was for her grandfather, Johannes (Hans) ...
I was thinking the name Johanna might be in honor of Prince Johan Friso.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I was thinking the name Johanna might be in honor of Prince Johan Friso.
No, on the dutch public tv channel they mention "Johanna" is in honour of her father as Marengo said.
(Johan Friso was generally known as Friso in the family, so i think they would use that name if they did want to remember him)
Old 10-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I had a feeling that she would come soon, when I heard her mother is in the hospital.

Congratulations to parents, grandparents and big sister!
Old 10-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

1500 grams converts to 3 lbs 3 ozs and that IS tiny. I hope all is well.

Cecilia is a very pretty name.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
No, on the dutch public tv channel they mention "Johanna" is in honour of her father as Marengo said.
(Johan Friso was generally known as Friso in the family, so i think they would use that name if they did want to remember him)
Yes, I know that he went by Friso but I am not aware of any girl's names that come from Friso. Johan Friso's daughter's Zaria's first name is "Joanna," so Johanna could be used in a similar way. Nevertheless, the announcement was made that attributes the name to Annemarie's father.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Happy to hear all went well !!!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

I hope all continues to go well for this little Princess and her Mother. Could someone please tell us what her birth weight is in pounds and ounces? Math and I have a mutual hatred of each other, so please and thank you!?!

Welcome to the World little Princess and many Blessings on you and your Family!!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Nobility

1500g = 3lb 4oz (just under 3lb 5oz)
Old 10-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the proud parents and elder sister!!
I hope that little Cécilia will be better soon
Old 10-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Parma. I hope both baby and Mum will bem soon out of the hospital.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Gentry

I think the new baby should be fine in no time. Even though 3.5 oz is quite small, it's not dangerously small. When she reaches 5 pounds she will be allowed to go home.

Congrats to the parents. Cecelia is a pretty name.

Tags
birth, bourbon-parma, duchess annemarie, duchess of parma, duke carlos xavier, duke of parma, parma