Tsar Nicholas II (1868-1918) and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna (Alix) (1872-1918)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They simply wanted a revolution, and they didn't think that could happen, if the tsar family still was alive. I know there were some major problems in Russia at the time, but killing them all was the wrong way to go. :(

But they wanted more than just revolution. They wanted control and proved that by killing the children, too.

Murder is wrong and killing them was terrible. But, just as in the French Revolution, those who lived so well, were surrounded by those who had so little and mayhem was the only answer to that juxtaposition. They could not abide side by side. The autocratic, selfishness of the Romanovs was exacerbated by the poverty and lack of education that was their nation. They did little to help it. Palaces and jewels, while most lived in swill and desparation. The English queen would not have her jewels or position if the Constitution Monarchy did not exist and her subjects were able to carve out a better life. When you are at the top of the heap, try and remember those you stepped on while falling to the bottom.

The Imperial Family weren't killed by "the people" in revenge for their poverty-stricken state; they and other Romanovs were systematically murdered on the orders of a ruthless cabal who had seized power and intended to retain it at any cost.

I know...it was so sad of them to kill the innocent young Romanov children. It really was rididuclous. The murderers didn't have much pity. All they wanted was anyone related to the tsar to be dead.

Let us not forget the maids and their pet dogs who were killed too, I think that shows what these murderers were made of. Poor innocent children who had nothing to do with politics and one of them very sick. One of the most shocking murders in history.

And the Communist regime proved itself to be just as bad as the old Tsar regime.

Tsarism and communism have got a lot in common. The only difference is an attitude toward religion. Tsarism favoured it as a tsar was the God anointed to rule, whereas communism was supposed to be appointed by common people. Common people were pawns in both cases. Both regimes deployed the same methods to enforce obedience such as terror, repressions, making slaves out of ordinary people, and supressing freedom of expression. Tsarim as well as communism have got their positve and negative sides. To say that one regime was better than the other would be incorrect.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Warren, what made these men, this cabal the murderers that they were? How did they attract a following? No, they didn't directly kill them because of their miserable lives. It was their miserables lives that brought them to this time. It wasn't just a handful of people who wanted to kill them. They were not mourned by many at that time. Killing the children was dispicable, but they were afraid there would always be a claimant to come back at them. These were factious parties. Al Bina has excellent insight into this.

Lenin's brother shaped Lenin's life. I am sure that his brother's punishment from the Tsarist regime influenced Lenin's policy of, IMO, no mercy.

Absolutely. He carried this hatred and it kept him going.

Haven't we all been affected and changed by developments in the personal and family lives? Ulyanov-Lenin was not a happy exception in this respect. He did succeed in overthrowing the tsarist regime, which dig its own grave, and establishing a new order.

Yes, it was time for some changes, but the communist rule wasn't good either.

Perhaps ... Communists just took a leaf out the tsarist regime as to how to keep people under control. There seems to be a lot of similarities.

Perhaps ... Communists just took a leaf out the tsarist regime as to how to keep people under control. There seems to be a lot of similarities.
Pogoms against the Jewish Population come to mind. . . .:ermm:

That's an interesting poll. Thank you for sharing.

What I would give to sit down over afternoon tea with Prince Nicholas. I would learn more in one afternoon I think than I have in 40 years.

Nicholas, Alexandra and Horses

Has anyone any information on whether Alexandra rode regularly?

There are quite a number of surviving photographs of Nicholas on horseback (mainly at military reviews and similar - after all, one of his uncles told him that he should always try to review troops from horseback as he looked so insignificant on foot). I have also read somewhere that he was quite a keen rider and rode for pleasure and fitness (unlike his father, who hated horses and only rode when he had to).

However, I have never seen any references to Alexandra riding, and have only seen one photograph of her on a horse. It is in the Military Museum in Brussels, which has a very interesting Russian collection. She is in uniform as a Colonel-in-Chief, and looks thoroughly ill-at-ease and unhappy.

When are they supposed to be Buried anyone have any idea?

Every time I read or hear about them, I feel very sad. I´ve read many books written about them and even though Nicholas was a weak ruler, he certainly was no monster.Much less his family. I think because they had so many warnings about their fate and also because they were such a close-knit family, they ended up accepting it in quite a courageous way.

Despite the eagerness to find new conspiracies could members please resist the temptation of posting links to internet blogs and presenting them as ''news".
Those links have been removed.

thanks,
Warren
Russian Forums moderator

It's a Special Day for all people, who loved and respected The Romanovs' family.:cry::heart:

Indeed, this is a sad and tragic day in the history of my country.
May the martyrs rest in peace.

Thank you lucien, that was a beautiful honouring video.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom