The Dukes of Leuchtenberg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting article. Where are the children of Dimitri and his brother now? What are their careers?

Duchess Elena von Leuchtenberg died on 10 November.

She was born at Munich on 30 May 1922 as a daughter of Duke Dimitri von Leuchtenberg (1898-1972) and his wife, Catherine Arapova (1900-1991). She was unmarried, having been a nun as Soeur Elisabeth at the Orthodox Convent at Bussy, France.
Her only brother George predeceased her in 1963 having been only 36, also unmarried and childless.

Sources: Royal News of 2013, Section III
Descendants of King Maximilian I Josef of Bavaria

And a few days later, on 19 November 2013, her relative Duchess Olga von Leuchtenberg passed away aged 87.

She was born as Olga Wickberg on 15 November 1926. She married in 1945, as his third wife, to Duke Sergei von Leuchtenberg (1903-1966; he was a cousin of Duchess Elena's father Dimitri). They became parents of two children, Serge and Elizabeth.
She is survived by her daughter Elizabeth and her family, her son Serge having predeceased her in 2000.

Leuchtenberg

The title Duke of Leuchtenberg was re-created by King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria on November 14, 1817. The title was given to Maximilian's son-in-law, Eugene de Beauharnais.

Maximilian de Beauharnais, 3rd Duke of Leuchtenberg, married the Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna, Nicholas I's eldest daughter. Maximilian was bestowed with the style Imperial Highness and given the title of Prince Romanowsky (Romanovsky).

The Duke Dimitri of Leuchtenberg had a step-daughter Irina Chavchavadze. She was born April 23, 1920 and died February 10, 2015 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She had immigrated to Canada with the Duke, his wife Catherine and their two children, Elena and Georg. I assume, if I may, that Irina was probably Catherine Arapov's daughter from a previous marriage. But I cannot find anything on this. Any information on this, please.

From the obtituary in the Montreal Gazette, I quote: Irina Lomasney, formerly Princess Irina Borisovna Chavchavadze, wife of Myron (Kim) Arms Lomasney...

Last edited:
The Duke Dimitri of Leuchtenberg had a step-daughter Irina Chavchavadze. She was born April 23, 1920 and died February 10, 2015 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. She had immigrated to Canada with the Duke, his wife Catherine and their two children, Elena and Georg. I assume, if I may, that Irina was probably Catherine Arapov's daughter from a previous marriage. But I cannot find anything on this. Any information on this, please.

From the obtituary in the Montreal Gazette, I quote: Irina Lomasney, formerly Princess Irina Borisovna Chavchavadze, wife of Myron (Kim) Arms Lomasney...
Catherine Arapova married 1st, in 1919, Boris Aleksandrovich Chavchavadze (d. 1920). Irina (b. 23 April 1920) was their daughter.

Back
Top Bottom