The Children of Tsar Nicholas II ("OTMAA")

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you read the first few posts of this thread?

New book about Imperial family

Michel Wartelle (French Historian and writer) has published new book (see the sitte «Romanov File»). He approves, that not all Imperial family has been shot on May, 17th, 1918. You can see his site about this book:
(L'AFFAIRE ROMANOV ou LE MYSTÈRE DE LA MAISON IPATIEV est paru chez Louise Courteau Éditrice, Québec, Canada,2008,195 pages, 24 illustrations. Vendu au Canada, en France, en Belgique et en Suisse.)
http://groups.msn.com/romanovfile

Last edited:
These are my favourites of Anastasia. This photo was taken a couple of weeks before she died at 17. I love her silly face in this photo. I wonder who that is in the
background? It looks like Mashka, to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

These are great photos of Mashka. Some more artwork too, she did. I thought you all would love to see some of her artwork!

Great picture thank you for posting them

Great picture thank you for posting them
You are very welcome!:angel: I have so many more images I want to share of the Romanovs.

Tatiana and Alexei in Finland:

Nicolas and Tatiana on tennis

Maria and Tatiana by the well
TanaaMariaustudny.jpg

Olga and Maria
OlgaaMarieseslunenkem.jpg

Maria, Anastasia and Alexei playing
MarieaAlexejpihe.jpg

MariaaAlexejpihe.jpg

Alix with little OTMA and Ella
11-1.jpg

Thank you so much for posting these images, AE. I have many (picture)books about the Romanovs but many of the pictures you posted I see for the first time!

Who is the tallest girl in the last picture? I suppose it should be Olga but she looks a bit different to me.

Your very welcome, Marengo. I've seen, and read many books of the Romanovs and they contain rare photos. But, it's a pity some of them are only in French and Russian. The tall woman in the last picture is Alix of Hesse. Right? with Ella, I suppose.
I just want to share my love of OTMAA! I have this same photo except in a bigger size:

I hope you all like them!

Anastasia Evidence! Your photos are beautiful and rare and I thank you for sharing!

Your very welcome, Marengo. I've seen, and read many books of the Romanovs and they contain rare photos. But, it's a pity some of them are only in French and Russian. The tall woman in the last picture is Alix of Hesse. Right? with Ella, I suppose.

I hope you all like them!

I actually meant the taller one of the 4 girls below in the picture. Since there are 4 girls I assume they should be the 4 grand duchesses but the 2nd one from the left seems darker than any of the Grand Duchesses ever was and maybe slighly resembles Princess Elisabeth of Hesse, daughter of Ernst-Ludwig and Ducky. In that scenario the baby could be GD Anastasia.

I think you are right. I just wish that photo was in better quality! It would be nice if they had coloured photos back then. Your welcome, Olga and Marengo I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I feel so happy for others to see a lot of photos of the Romanovs.

You're correct. :) His name is accurate too, I think.
Could someone please tell me more of this book 'the kitchen boy'. I know it's fiction but, what is it about?

http://www.galinastudio.com/romanovs3.jpg

Do you think these dolls resemble the romanov family? I don't think so. I thought they did such a horrible job. Olga doesn't look like herself, and Alix looks completely different.

NAOTMAA2-1.jpg

romanovs.jpg

Closer image of OTMA faces:D
OTMAformal.jpg

Thank you for all the beautiful pictures Anastasia evidence! Some had never seen before. It's so nice, but sad, to see into the private moments of their lives.

Your welcome Anna was Franziska! I'm glad you like the photos I posted of the romanovs...I believe that there are hundreds of photos we haven't even seen of them. I read that they were in the Russian Archives. About 2,000 photos are of the imperial family.

I always thought Tatiana was so beautiful..you could tell she was the daughter of the Tsar, so regal.

There is this huge huge book on photographs from the personal albums of the Romanovs, it has FANTASTIC pictures.I have the book but alas cannot find it! Otherwise I could scan some.

Have you ever read The Kitchen Boy, although being inspired by true facts the romance is not real but I thought it was a really nice book about The Imperial Family and Their last days

I've heard about it! I read Rasputin's Daughter which is by the same author.

Have you all seen the movie 'Romanoy a Russian movie? It's very excellent except it's only in Russian but, it's in English subtitles. I also enjoyed the documentary, Last days of the tsar and Nicholas and Alexandra. I liked the part where OTMAA were playing around and laughing in the film and dancing on the yacht....

I have more! These are my favourites of Anastasia and Tatiana!

Very interesting information to know how much Grand Duchess Maria's expenses was.
In 1910 Maria Nickolayevna's personal expenses covered the sum of 18397 roubles 56 kopecks. It included:
Gifts - 175 roubles;
Pensions - 481 r. 99 k.;
Family allowances - 80 r.;
Other grants - 303 r. 33 k.;
Premiums - 548 r. 33 k.;
Teachers' salaries - 7636 r. 45 k.;
Text-books and other educational aids - 74 r. 78 k.;
Pictures and library - 15 r. 77 k.;
Other expenses - 2703 r. 37 k.;
Toilet and wardrobe - 6307 roubles 37 k.; Her total budget was :
Credit - 33000 roubles;
Debit - 33000 roubles;

Maria Nickolaevna's personal expenses covered the sum of 18397 r.56k. The rest of the money was transferred to her economic sum to increase her capital or was spent on bonds, etc.
1 Russian ruble = 0.032803 U.S. dollars.The ruble is subdivided into 100 kopeks.

Here are some writings of the Imperial children.

Back
Top Bottom