The Children of Tsar Nicholas II ("OTMAA")

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you ever read The Kitchen Boy, although being inspired by true facts the romance is not real but I thought it was a really nice book about The Imperial Family and Their last days

It's a fiction about a kitchen boy of the Imperial Household I think

acid_rain3075 said:
well, actually Marie was the shortest! The Tsarina said so herself in a letter.
I'm not familiar with this letter, but even so, in most photographs, you can clearly see Anastasia is the shortest.

Thank you for the pictures. I also hope they are resting in Heaven. I have always been interested in the family, it was really great and sad to see all the pictures. They looked like a geat and happy family.

I only got 60 points in your quiz.. it's a bit hard but still cool! ;)

Julia can you give me the link for the music in your videos? cause' I think it's beutiful ;)

PLEASE!!

Very nice. Want me to post the "Little Pair" formals from that year?

Alexandra, Alexandra with baby Anastasia, Alexandra with the grand duchesses, Grand Duchess Anastasia, the family of the last Tsar, the grand duchesses, the Romanov children, the grand duchesses, Nicholas and Alexandra, the controversial 'Anastasia'

Castle Seeon where Anna Anderson/ Anastasia's ashes are scattered, Anastasia and Alexei, Anastasia and Alexei, Anastasia, Anna Anderson

Otma

Here is some information on the Grand Duchesses:

Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna: Born on the 3rd (Old Style)/15th (New Style) of November. She enjoyed reading from her mother's book collection, politics and newspapers. She was known for her compassionate heart, quick temper and honesty. She was also the most intelligent of her sisters.

Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna: Born on the 19th May (Old Style)/10th June (New Style). She loved fashion, perfume, romantic books, she was closest to her mother out of the children and was deeply religious. Tatiana loved to be social, a guard at the palace once remarked "you knew she was the daughter of the Tsar."

Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna: Born on the 14th June (Old Style)/June 26th (New Style). She was often referred to as the step sister because she was good and never got into trouble. But once she stole some biscuits from her mother's table, her father remarked "I was always afraid of the wings growing. I am glad to see that she is a human child."

Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaevna: Born on June 5th (Old Style)/ June 18th (New Style). She loved practical jokes, was witty and had an appreciated for sarcastical humor. While she was described as bright and gifted, she never liked the restrictions of school much preferring to write letters, take pictures and watch movies.

Some pictures from The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum - Index

The 1910:
Olga:

Tatiana:

Maria:

Anastasia:

I'll post some more later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for the videos Julia! But some of them are not available anymore. It's not possible to download parts 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8 :sad:. If anyone could just reactivate those files, I'd be forever grateful. :)

I was just wondering if anyone knows about Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna having a nervous breakdown during WWI. I just read an article that said she did and I had never heard this before. Anyone have any info?

Katya said:
I was just wondering if anyone knows about Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna having a nervous breakdown during WWI. I just read an article that said she did and I had never heard this before. Anyone have any info?
Hi Katya, I heard something about that too.. I think the GD Olga suffered one in 1916 or 1917.. You might try looking up Pierre Gilliard's memoirs or the Baroness Buxhoeden's, also there is a website devoded entirely to the Romanovs.. i believe it is called alexanderpalace.org? But I am not sure...

While doing some research on Alexei, I was directed to this website :
http://www.oscar-film.ru/index.php

I believe, but my knowledge of russian is way too limited, that it is an interview of Kolya Derevenko, who was a friend to Alexei until the end. It may have been published as a tribute for Alexei 100th birthday (I'm not too sure of that, though).

Can one of our russian members can translate, please ? And tell me if this 2 hours russian lesson I attended years ago has finally lead to something ?

pictures of OTMAA

00054004.jpg

1002328.jpg

Supreme Court denies rehabilitation to Nicholas II's family

Supreme Court denies rehabilitation to Nicholas II's family

MOSCOW. Nov 8 (Interfax) - The Russian Supreme Court denied rehabilitation to the last Russian emperor, Nicholas II, and his family on Thursday.
Earlier the rehabilitation was denied by the Russian Prosecutor General's Office.
The Supreme Court confirmed that Nicholas II, his spouse and five children executed in 1918 were not eligible for rehabilitation.
http://www.interfax.ru/e/B/politics/28.html?id_issue=11902940

So,
“Inexplicable” obstinacy of the State Office of Public Prosecutor and Supreme Court of the Russian Federation in refusal of rehabilitation of Imperial family proves, that murder of Imperial family (and the secrets of KGB connected to this murder) is «a sick callous» for the Kremlin till now.

If the court would recognizes Imperial family as a victim of political reprisals, in this case:
1. Claimants will acquire the right for acquaintance with all state archival documents (including VChK-FSB ), concerning to murder of Imperial family (see item 11 of the Law). I think, the Kremlin does not want to allow it.
2. Claimants will acquire the right to receive huge indemnifications for the withdrawn personal things and jewelry of Imperial family (except of returning the nationalized palaces and jewelry).
3. The State Office of Public Prosecutor of the Russian Federation will must to excite a criminal cases against many persons who were taking part in the organization and execution of arrest of Imperial family and murder on July, 17, 1918. (see item 18 of the Law) In particular, criminal cases can be excited against Jacob Sverdlov and Vladimir Lenin (?!)…
Thus, Kremlin and FSB don’t want to open all state archival documents (including CHEKA-KGB-FSB ), concerning to murder of Imperial family – see item 11 of “THE LAW OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION "ABOUT REHABILITATION OF VICTIMS OF POLITICAL REPRISALS”:
[www.hro.org]
Boris
P.S. In a case with recent rehabilitation of Swedish diplomat Raul Vallenberg "application of double standards " take place here, as well as in a situation with Imperial family, also there was no original of action of proceeding is available, nevertheless the Main military Office of Public Prosecutor of Russia has given out to the Swedish side the information(positive decision) on rehabilitation.

I've seen that second video, magnik. Thanks for sharing. I think this was from a parade that the Imperial daughters attended. I remember Tatiana seemed incredibly irritated with Anastasia or Marie in one shot.

Amazing what people do to feed their Romanov obsession, isn't it? Some make beautiful videos, some forums, I blog and discuss, buy innumerable amounts of books, aaaah me. . . . .I am, indeed, certifiable!!:D

I've seen that second video, magnik. Thanks for sharing. I think this was from a parade that the Imperial daughters attended. I remember Tatiana seemed incredibly irritated with Anastasia or Marie in one shot.

It was from one of their official appearances in 1913, among the "tercentenary" celebrations. Just FYI. pk

Oh, wait a minute! -- the SECOND video? Well, I'll have to see if I can drag it up -- there isn't a piece of footage showing these people in motion that I haven't seen, so I hope it's not the roller-skating or the yacht dancing or something. There must have been a LOT more filming than we still have -- this would be something to investigate in Moscow.

Few related videos on the right side. Maybe you know some of them or maybe not...
Now, you see, here's part of the problem. On You Tube the film of the girls (without the empress, you notice) is called "Home Video" -- but it was not "at home" (i.e., Tsarskoe Selo) -- it was at "Stavka" -- wherever Stavka ("headquarters") happened to be at that time in 1916. I've had a really bright young girl (aged 16) talking to me here lately about the paper she's doing about N II's abdication -- but she wants "pictures of the palaces," and so on. So I say, "Yes, well, he didn't abdicate in a palace. He abdicated in a train."

"Oh. Do you have a picture of the train?" Which I'm sure I do, somewhere, or I can find one -- but people really don't know how those last years (the war years) actually played out -- they think it was all big buildings and white dresses and gold everywhere -- I do my best. I make a point of ALWAYS trying to help young students -- because, really, if no one had helped me at that age, and answered my questions, what would I have become? pk

How could you tell? These videos are usually so unclear! I don't think I ever saw that one...

It looks like part of a longer video I saw that was part of a parade. I remember a lot of footage of the Imperial family in official ceremonies (mostly outside) during the last years of Nicholas' reign.

There were also a lot of photos taken. I believe Olga, the czar's sister had one of the first Polaroid handheld cameras and took several candid snapshots of the family.

Here are some of my pictures of beautiful Tatiana:

1913-JejcarskVsostTanaNikolajevn-1.jpg

1914-Taninportrt-1.jpg

AlixaTana.jpg

AlixaTananapikniku.jpg

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but whatever happened to the Romanov family? Did they go into hiding or something?

Back
Top Bottom