Russian Noble and Princely Families

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Thank you, Al_bina! :flowers:

I like the two dresses that are modern inspirations from the clothes. The white one with what looks like gold embroidery, very nice. Also, like the black coat, if it is a coat. :flowers:

Willem Alexander must be the highest ranking Romanov descendent alive today?

The dress on the photos is a ceremonial court dress for a lady-in-waiting in the Russian Imperial court. The dress in question had elements of a boyarynya's attire worn in pre-Peter the Great Russia. Here is a good example of the said ensemble Boyarynya in kokoshnik by Makovsky¸

The Romanovs and aristocrats wore the XVII century-themed ensembles for the 1903 Ball in the Winter Palace. Here is the link with some photos of the aforementioned ball Costume ball 1903 | Tumblr

Some contended in the comments that the photos were from the 1903 Ball. It would be fair to say that ladies-in-waiting wore costumes specifically prepared for the event, but not their ceremonial court dresses.

I really enjoyed viewing the pictures of the ladies court dresses. I think many of them are more elegant and elaborate then during the times of King Louie of France and his court. I also found the pictures in Boyarynya in kokoshnik by Makovsky¸ to be wonderful as I collect small water colors of Churches in Russia. Those are some beautiful water colors that I would love. One movie that I watch over and over again about the Russian court and the revolution is with Omar Sharif and I can't remember the name right now....is so beautiful and moving.

Willem Alexander must be the highest ranking Romanov descendent alive today?

Actually both the King of Sweden, the Queen of Denmark and the King of Spain are descended from the Romanovs with other high ranking descendants in King Michael of Romania and Crown prince Alexander of Serbia. Adding to that both the Duke of Edinburgh and Queen Sofia of Spain are descended from the imperial family through his grandmother Queen Olga who was born a Russian Grand duchess.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

One movie that I watch over and over again about the Russian court and the revolution is with Omar Sharif and I can't remember the name right now....is so beautiful and moving.

That's Dr Zjivago, one of my all time favourite books and films.

That's Dr Zjivago, one of my all time favourite books and films.

Thank you so much, I kept thinking about the title and couldn't remember it, I could see the movie in my mind, I love that movie, that and Gone With the Wind are my 2 all time favorites, I watch them every time they come on TV. I love the winter palace and so wish I could of seen it in person,and Omar well he is such a handsome man. :flowers::flowers::)

Thank you so much, I kept thinking about the title and couldn't remember it, I could see the movie in my mind, I love that movie, that and Gone With the Wind are my 2 all time favorites, I watch them every time they come on TV. I love the winter palace and so wish I could of seen it in person,and Omar well he is such a handsome man. :flowers::flowers::)

Gone is another favourite of mine. I read the book sixteen times as a teenager and I've always loved Omar in Dr Zjivago because he reminds me so much of my father. Hmm a very idealistic version of my father that is.

:previous:You read that book 16 times.......whoa, that is some reading that you do. Sometimes I read certain books 3/4 times and my friends think I am crazy for they say haven't you read that before, sometimes in reading a book more then once you learn something new and see something in a different light then you did the first time, that is just me. I collect books, ancient history books and would so love to live in a country where there are all those places that I read about, not a modern contemporary girl at all, give me a grave yards with old tombstones any day of the week for there is lots of history there.:)

There is lots of history, everywhere. Look in your backyard. Russian history, I was a Russian History Major, have been to the Winter Palace. etc, is less than stirring for those who were abused and denied rights. Jews were condemned to live in a certain area (The Pale Settlement), serf, a word in our language does not exist, work for nothing and were veritable slaves. Men who were conscripted into the Tsar's army for 25 years. Nothing admirable, just things that agree, that are very interesting to see.

I have looked in my backyard and it is not thousands or hundreds of years old, so in not knowing me, you have no idea of what I like to read and how I perceive a place to interesting to me. I am not blind to what happened in Russia as to the cruelty of the people nor anywhere else. We all have different takes on any book that we read or a place that we visit, so I will just continue to do as I please with my books and the places that I visit as you can do the same..

I have looked in my backyard and it is not thousands or hundreds of years old, so in not knowing me, you have no idea of what I like to read and how I perceive a place to interesting to me. I am not blind to what happened in Russia as to the cruelty of the people nor anywhere else. We all have different takes on any book that we read or a place that we visit, so I will just continue to do as I please with my books and the places that I visit as you can do the same..

Well, almost in my backyard is the last residence of this Russian imperial descendant that I thought might be of interest to readers.
Shabby Toronto apartment was once home to Russia's Grand Duchess Olga | Toronto Star

Well, almost in my backyard is the last residence of this Russian imperial descendant that I thought might be of interest to readers.
Shabby Toronto apartment was once home to Russia's Grand Duchess Olga | Toronto Star

Thank you for the information, I did read the article and was so surprised that this is what happened to her later in life, and yes it was in your backyard. I saved the article in my History File Folder which is growing leaps and bounds, need to make separate folders now for all this articles that I have...lololo.
What I found interesting was that she was so innocent of the ways of the world, that nobody in her family had the forethought to teach her about money, life, just daily living. How different it is today when royals have children, they had better get careers and jobs, for they know it might not last forever like those royals back then who thought it would last forever.

Prince Dimitri Galitzine got engaged to Miss Alexandra Pollitt on 21 February 2016.

Prince Dimitri, 25, is the fifth child and eldest son of Prince Peter Galitzine and of his wife, Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria (granddaughter of the last Austrian Emperor Karl I and of his wife, Empress Zita).

Royal Musings: Galitzine-Pollitt engagement

Princess Katya Galitzine attended the launch of the book 'The Witches Of St Petersburg' at the South Kensington Club in London yesterday, November 7:

** Pic **

Princess Lucretia Obolensky attended the International Debutante Ball at The Pierre Hotel in New York City on December 29:

** Pic **

Prince and Princess Obolensky together with Christos Markogiannakis posed during the "Die on stage" : Christos Markogiannakis' Book Signing at the Greece Embassy in Paris yesterday, September 28:

** Pic **

Im not sure this is the correct post to put this question in

Hasnt any seen the picture of

Tsarevich Alexei of Russia with Princess Ileana Romania aboard the Imperial yacht 1914 if you have

doesn't Princess ILeana dress looks more 1970s than the time it was set 1900

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Descendents of Prince Felix Yousoupoff

If we discard Pavlov's obsolete law of succession, which was abolished in 1917 , a potential successor to the throne of the Russian Empire will emerge.
He should be ruled in accordance with the current trends in monarchic law:
1. abolition of the division of marriages into dynastic and morganatic.
2. Equali rights for the male and female line of succession, while preserving the right of primogeniture.
In connection with the termination of the line of succession of Nicholas II, it is necessary to go back to the descendants of Alexander III.
Then the line will look like this:
Alexander the Third gave birth to Xenia. Fourth child. Elder brothers Alexander and George have not left posterity. The line of Nicholas the Second is finished.
Ksenia Aleksandrovna Romanova (March 25 (April 6), 1875, Saint Petersburg - April 20, 1960, Windsor, UK) was the Grand Duchess, daughter of the Emperor Alexander III. She was the sister of the last Emperor Nikolai II. On July 25 (August 6) 1894 she married Grand Duke Alexander Mikhailovich, the grandson of Nicholas I.
They had 7 children, the eldest of which was the daughter Irina.
Irina Alexandrovna Romanova (3 July 1895, Peterhof - 26 February 1970, Paris) was a princess of the imperial blood, in marriage Princess Yusupova Countess Sumarokov-Elston.
The couple had one daughter, Irina Felixovna Yusupova, born in St Petersburg on 21st March 1915. (Princess Irina Felixovna Yussupova, (21 March 1915, Saint Petersburg, Russia - 30 August 1983, Cormeilles, France), married Count Nikolai Dmitrievich Sheremetev (28 October 1904, Moscow, Russia - 5 February 1979, Paris, France).

Back
Top Bottom