Russian Noble and Princely Families

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everybody can see like this the purposes of this association of aristocrats who would like to have another rank.

There are the great grandchildren of grand duke dmitri pavlovich, grand duchess Maria pavlovna and princess Irina Alexandrovna and there are also the grand children of irina's brothers where some carry no royal titles and a couple do and they are never accounted for and seem not to be in the house of Romanov claimants or any issues now would they be considered to be a part of the princely and nobel branch if the house of Romanov?

Russian Countess Says Shen Yun ‘Has the grandeur of an imperial court’
Russian Countess Marvels at the Beauty of Shen Yun Dancers
Countess Nicholas Bobrinskoy was among the audience at Lincoln Center’s David H. Koch Theater on Friday evening, enjoying Shen Yun Performing Arts revival of one of the most ancient cultures in the world.
“The beauty of the Shen Yun dancers and their technique is unbelievable,” said the Countess. “I watch with a very critical eye because I studied ballet so I know what it entails and what I see is … I just can’t believe it.”
The Countess Bobrinskoy is a Russian noble by marriage; her husband was a direct descendant of Catherine the Great.

The engagement was announced today between Thibault Lancksweert (son of Mr. and Mrs. Dominique Lancksweert) and Princess Alexandra Galitzine (third daughter of Prince and Princess Peter Galitzine, née Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria).

Alexandra's maternal grandfather was the late Archduke Rudolph of Austria, the fifth son of the Emperor Karl I and Empress Zita of Austria.
Her paternal grandparents were the late Prince and Princess Dimitri Galitzine.

Le Site du Carnet Mondain : Carnet du jour

How nice. Another marriage and I wonder how many Romanovs will show up.

:previous:
I would be very sure about it; if I recall correctly, at the wedding of Alexandra's sister Princess Xenia Galitzine to Alberto Matta Maya in Moscow in 2007, which was attended by many members of various reigning and non reigning Royal Houses, no Romanov showed up. And in general it doesn't seem to me that the Romanovs and these Galitzines hang out in the same circles.

Probably MV and Georgy Boy for sure!

I wonder how Maria will convince a real living woman to marry George. Maybe Pippa Middleton could marry George. The connection to the BRF would please her egotistical little heart. Pippa isn't royal, but it would please her pretentious little ego.

What a ridiculous comment. Your spiteful attitude to Maria Vladimirovna is quite irrational, not to mention boringly repetitive. It also says volumes more about you than perhaps you are aware.

Well,TomBert,your comments about Maria V.are ridiculous and also boringly repetitive. There is nothing wrong with AristoCat's comments. In the first place, Maria would never want any woman who is sister to the future British Queen to marry her heir. The British Monarchy descendants allowed Maria's distant cousins to die, and I don't think Pippa would want to live in exile in Spain, anyway, or make the occasional visit to Russia with or without her "mother-in-law.

I wonder how Maria will convince a real living woman to marry George. Maybe Pippa Middleton could marry George. The connection to the BRF would please her egotistical little heart. Pippa isn't royal, but it would please her pretentious little ego.
But he already has a girlfriend; Rebecca Bettarini.

TomBert, stop taking my comments and views so personally. I am stick of being picked at because I think Maria V. is a pompous dolt.

Well,TomBert,your comments about Maria V.are ridiculous and also boringly repetitive. There is nothing wrong with AristoCat's comments. In the first place, Maria would never want any woman who is sister to the future British Queen to marry her heir. The British Monarchy descendants allowed Maria's distant cousins to die, and

I don't think that bothers Maria since after all, her ancestors have had no problems changing their alliegance one way or another over time.

I don't think Pippa would want to live in exile in Spain, anyway, or make the occasional visit to Russia with or without her "mother-in-law.

No way; Pippa would love a title and status, even foreign status. I am snarky about the Midds, I freely admit it.

Well if you are sick of being picked at, stop making ridiculous generalisations without ever bothering to back them up with evidence.

TomBert: About your post 77, I couldn't have said it better myself! :)

Prince Sergey Aleksandrovich Yuryevich

Does anyone have any further information on Prince Sergey Yuryevich? All I know is that he used to be Court Chamberlain to the Tsar. He was born in 1876 and died in 1969 was married to Helene de Lipovatz. They had a daughter Princess Nika Yuryevich, was married to a Sir Edward George Warris Hulton (deceased). Is she still alive? If so does anyone know where she resides?
Thank you.

Identification

A correspondent has provided this link to a photo of three military royalties on horseback...

Photo

She states the rider of the black horse is Prince Felix Youssoupov; the identities of the remaining two are uncertain.
She has aksed if any of our members know the year in which the photo was taken, and the location.

It is a shame, isn't it? No really striking royal or aristocratic beauties.

Prince David Chavchavadse died this year.

He was born 1924 as the only son of Princess Nina of Russia (1901-1974) {herself daughter of Grand Duke George of Russia (1863-1919) & his wife, Princess Marie of Greece and Denmark (1876-1940)} & her husband, Prince Paul Chavchavadse (1899-1971).
He was married three times: firstly, from 1952 to 1959, to Helen Husted (b.1933); secondly, from 1959 to 1970, to Judith Clippinger (1932-1997); thirdly, from 1979, to Eugenie de Smitt (b.1939).
By his first wife he had two daughters: Maria (b.1953) and Alexandra (b.1954) as well as three grandchildren: Yelena (b.1990) [daughter of Maria & her husband Alexander Rasic (b.1955)], Alexander (b.1991) & Caroline (b.1994) [children of Alexandra & her husband Puthukuty Krishnan Ramani (b.1956)].
By his second wife he had another daughter Catherine (b.1960) and a son Michael (b.1966) as well as two more granddaughters: Sophia (b.1996) & Nina (b.1998) [daughters of Catherine & her husband John Alan Redpath (b.1963)]

Source:Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

:previous:
Prince David Chavchavadze had an interesting career... he was a Captain in the US Army from 1943 to 1947, and worked at the CIA from 1950 to 1974.

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2497927.html

The above link contains photos of ladies-in-waiting in Russian court dress (late XIX-early XX)

Al_bina, thank you for the lovely cache of photos. :flowers: Further down in the link there are two very interesting photos amongst the comments, with one looking like we are seeing a train of women in white being presented at court. Is that so? It's very intriguing.

There also appears to be a disagreement in the comments section about whether the photos are depicting dresses worn at court or worn for a ball in 1903. I do not read Russian. Can you clarify what the disagreement is about? :flowers: They appear to be questioning who paid for the gowns, too.

The dress on the photos is a ceremonial court dress for a lady-in-waiting in the Russian Imperial court. The dress in question had elements of a boyarynya's attire worn in pre-Peter the Great Russia. Here is a good example of the said ensemble Boyarynya in kokoshnik by Makovsky¸

The Romanovs and aristocrats wore the XVII century-themed ensembles for the 1903 Ball in the Winter Palace. Here is the link with some photos of the aforementioned ball Costume ball 1903 | Tumblr

Some contended in the comments that the photos were from the 1903 Ball. It would be fair to say that ladies-in-waiting wore costumes specifically prepared for the event, but not their ceremonial court dresses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom