The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Russia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Majesty

Reburual of Grand Duke Nikolas Nikolaevich and Grand Duchess Anastasia

The remains of Grand Duke Nicholas Romanov and his wife were brought Russia to be re-buried on April, 30. Grand Duke Nicholas was paid military honours in accordance with his rank.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Majesty

The ceremony of the re-burial of Grand Duke Nicholas and his spouse // NTV.Ru

Reburial of Grand Duke Nicholas and his wife | Tengrinews.kz

Prince Dimitri Romanov, his wife, Mayor of Moscow, and The Patriarch of Moscow and all Rus Kirill I were among the attendees.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Aristocracy

The remains have long since been tested, identified and distinguished to the best of scientific capabilities, according to what I've read and there were no surviving Romanov's to carry that hereditary forward. Besides, the Russian people didn't want royalty and much like the French, did away with the royalty that was around years ago. The Rurik Dynasty has been gone since the 1600's. There are no Russian royals or French royals no matter what might pop up about either. As I understand it, from what I have read. That is the way it is. Relation, if some illegitimate offspring somehow popped up, is not royal relation when it is illegitimate and there is no way anyone is going to have authentic dna relation to a dynasty long gone and that family long ago executed. Just that simple. If there were, they wouldn't be so ignorant as to make it public, given the history of dislike of Royals in Russia and even France, and there are not. Now, Rasputin, who was not royal anything, but of help to the then royals of his day, his family line could of gone on and could be large, even if only one remained, he tried to help the Romanov's and dare I say read about what happened to him. The Romanov's were plagued with blood disorders anyway, for example, hemophilia. The Rurik dynasty had wives and illegitimate out of wedlock offspring, which I doubt lasted longer than a few breaths, soon before that dynasty ended. What does that tell you. It's Russia we are speaking of, think about it. :) As far as palaces are concerned and historical real estate is concerned, try and buy it and you might just wind up in a cell or worse. But I don't know, nor do I have a need to find out. lol
Old 05-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

There was ONE hemophiliac in the Romanov family - the heir Alexis. That was because his mother brought it with her from her mother - Princess Alice, daughter of Queen Victoria.

It was also in the Spanish Royal family due to Princess Beatrice's daughter - Eugenie who became Queen of Spain and was another carrier.

There are a number of claimants from the Romanov dynasty who survived - mainly through female lines but still Romanovs.

Even the current BRF are descendants of the Tsars through Prince Philip's grandmother - a Russian grand-duchess.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Yep in fact they used blood from Prince Phillip to confirm/verify the remains of the Romanovs.

LaRae
Old 05-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yep in fact they used blood from Prince Phillip to confirm/verify the remains of the Romanovs.

LaRae
The DoE's blood wasn't used because he was descended from the Romanovs though. The wife and children of Nicholas II were both matrilineal descendants of Queen Victoria, and the DoE was at the time one of only 2 living matrilineal descendants of Queen Victoria. The DoE's descent from the Romanovs isn't a straight paternal or maternal line - his paternal grandmother was Grand Duchess Olga Constantinovna of Russia.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

There were more than two matrilineal descendants - Philip's own sisters had daughters who were still alive but...they used his and his sister's as they were the oldest and closest in terms of descent from Princess Alice. Their maternal grandmother was the Tsarina's sister.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

As usual, you are correct Bertie. I misread my source.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
The remains have long since been tested, identified and distinguished to the best of scientific capabilities, according to what I've read and there were no surviving Romanov's to carry that hereditary forward. Besides, the Russian people didn't want royalty and much like the French, did away with the royalty that was around years ago. The Rurik Dynasty has been gone since the 1600's. There are no Russian royals or French royals no matter what might pop up about either. As I understand it, from what I have read. That is the way it is. Relation, if some illegitimate offspring somehow popped up, is not royal relation when it is illegitimate and there is no way anyone is going to have authentic dna relation to a dynasty long gone and that family long ago executed. Just that simple. If there were, they wouldn't be so ignorant as to make it public, given the history of dislike of Royals in Russia and even France, and there are not. Now, Rasputin, who was not royal anything, but of help to the then royals of his day, his family line could of gone on and could be large, even if only one remained, he tried to help the Romanov's and dare I say read about what happened to him. The Romanov's were plagued with blood disorders anyway, for example, hemophilia. The Rurik dynasty had wives and illegitimate out of wedlock offspring, which I doubt lasted longer than a few breaths, soon before that dynasty ended. What does that tell you. It's Russia we are speaking of, think about it. :) As far as palaces are concerned and historical real estate is concerned, try and buy it and you might just wind up in a cell or worse. But I don't know, nor do I have a need to find out. lol
So basically, you come to this thread to diss the entire Romanov family and Russia itself in the proces, without knowing or caring about getting the facts straight (not all Romanovs were killed during the revolution, only one with hemophilia etc)?

Well, okay, that's an opinion too
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
There are no Russian royals or French royals no matter what might pop up about either.
Try telling that to Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia, and the various members of the French Royal and Imperial Houses.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/3165050.html

The above link contains photos of Mrs Thomas Mathews, nee Princess Olga Andreevna Romanova. She is Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna's granddaughter.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Thumbahlina, yes Tsar Nicholas and his wife and children were killed by the Bolsheviks, but the Romanov dynasty had many branches. No less than 35 members of the Romanov family escaped Russia after the Revolution.

In addition eight Romanovs were already living abroad in 1918. They included the Grand Duke Dimitri Pavlovich, who had been exiled on the Tsar's orders for being involved in the murder of Rasputin. These people went on to live in France, England, the U.S. and Greece.

The only Romanov known to be a haemophiliac was Alexei, Tsar Nicholas's only son. The family as a whole did not suffer from any blood disorder.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:48 PM
Majesty

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/3....html#comments

The blogger marisols informs us that Pavel Eduardovich Kulikovsky will attend the annual charity ball organised by the Jewellers' Guild of Russia on 30 September, 2015.

Tags
romanov, russian imperial family, russian revolution.romanov.imperial family