Romanov Pretenders and Imposters

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Łagiewka Pyłkowa
Country
Poland
The two false Dimitrys

The false Dimitri, was a person the Poles contrived to usurp the throne of Muscovy. The genuine Dimitry was the son of Ivan Groszny, Ivan himself slew his first son, over Ivans disapproval of Dimitrys choice for his bride, it seems rather strange, that none of the Boyars knew of the murder. After the genuine Dmitris death, and Ivans as well, Ivans second son Feodor took the throne, and died thereafter. Now comes first false Dmitri at any rate this Polish agent secured the Cap of Monomakh. But the fraud was discovered,and although first false Dimitry did take the Throne of Muscovy for a time. But after he brought his Polish wife to Moscow and his policies all seemed designed to benifit Poland, the thick headed Boyars finally began to suspect him. After this first false Dmitri was eliminated, a Boyar, Boris Godunov took the throne. The second false Dmitry came and was assassinated. Then came Prince Basil Shuiski who was captured along with his brothers and imprisoned in Warsaw. This all paved the way for Muscovys second royal dynasty, the Romanovs,the first being the Rurivichi. This is an ammendation of the facts in my first post. I checked a source,(Oscar Halecki A HISTORY OF POLAND) and found the story much more convoluted than I had remembered. Chaz

Last edited:
Romanov Pretenders (not Anna Anderson)

Has anyone got photos of people who claimed to be a surviving Romanov Grand Duchess, or their children? (Apart from Anna Anderson).

Most of the claimants seem completely crazy/ridicoulous, but some of them are somewhat convincing with their stories.

Eugenia Smith (who passed a lie detector test to see if she truly was Grand Duchess Anastasia), Eleonora Albertova Krüger, Natalya Petrovna Bilikhodze, Nadezhda Ivanovna Vasilyeva, and Anatoly Ionov who claims to be the son of Anastasia. Would be great to see photos of them and be able to compare with official Romanov ones...who knows what we might discover?:lol:;)

Alexei Petrovich - any Legitimate Evidence agains him?

was their any Real evidence against Peter the Greats Son or was it just to get an unwanted Heir out of the way????

I was just watching this on "Land of the Tsars" last night, and I got the impression that it was Peter's paranoia that made him send spies to get his son in Vienna and bring him home to be tortured. It was clear that the two would never get along, so why couldn't he just let his son go? It must have been he believed he was plotting against him, which contradicted his own view of the boy as weak and unambitious! I don't think Alexei had any aspirations of taking his father's throne by force. It was all a tragic mistake.

The saddest irony is that he was so worried about what would happen to his empire after his death that he attacked his own son as unworthy, but could whatever Alexei did be worse than the mess that occured for years after Peter was gone?

Of course Peter didn't plan for it to end that way. At the time he tortured Alexei (there is debate as to whether or not he meant for him to die) Peter had a new baby son by his wife Catherine, but sadly in a very short period of time, Peter's new son, and Peter himself died. Perhaps this was his 'bad Karma' for what he did to Alexei. Anyway it remains yet another tragedy in Russia's history.

It is very sad wonder what kind of Tsar he wouldve made would his Rule have hastened the end or held it off Peter The Great by Robert Massie Presents an Interesting picture as well was Eudoxia really that manipulative?

Eudoxia did influence her son against his father, she felt he had treated her badly- having her declared a nun and put away so he could marry someone else. It was hard for Alexei to think of his father as a nice guy after having been mostly raised by a mother who always talked him down. After she was 'put away' she couldn't influence anyone , but maybe the damage was done in Alexei.

Alexei could tell he would never please his father and at one time had even offered to give up his position of Tsarevich in favor of his father's new baby, but Peter refused. As far as the charges, they allegedly beat some confessions out of him, tortured his friends to death, and coerced his mistress into saying he had declared he wished his father dead and would return the nation to the old ways after he was gone. Whether or not any of this was actually true or a set up is anyone's guess. Sounds like a setup to me. As much as I want to like Peter the Great, this episode bothers me and gives me a negative view of him as a person, though he was a great ruler.

As pointed out by Tolstoy Alexey in "Peter the Great", Eudoxia Lopuhina was extremely orthodox in terms of traditions, norms, and values. While Peter I was busy dragging Russia to the progress and opening a window to Europe, his wife did not bother helping him much. This factor contributed to a widening gap between them.
Eudoxia showed some thirst for power after the birth of Alexei Petrovich. Boyars felt threatened by a new elite: (1) commoners or rich merchants, who were promoted by Peter I and bestowed titles upon, and foreigners, who were invitited by Peter I to implement innovations. As implied by Tolstoy, some deeply conservative boyars saw Eudoxia Lopuhina and her son as saviours from this threat. If a plot were succesful, she was promised to be a regent. She pestered Peter I with never-ending complaints. Peter I disliked her for this very much.
Allegedly Count Tolstoy (Pyotr Andreyevich Tolstoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) got
incriminating evidence against Alexei Petrovich from Jesuits known for selling the most accurate information at that time.However, it might be presumed that Count Tolstoy followed the Tzar's orders, that is actively searching for any evidence against disgraced Tsarevitch.

Imperial Family...

http://s689.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=MYPARENTS-EmmanuelRomanov-1.jpg&newest=1

I have been working on ancestral research for three months, with a young man who I believe is a claimant. I was reading from The Romanoff Family Association, the welcome information page, and found this paragraph to be interesting:

"After the end of the war, the Romanoff Diaspora was accentuated. We have now members of our family living in Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the United States and Uruguay."

The young man I am working with is from Montevideo, Uruguay. I have included a photo of his parents.

If I can obtain a scan of documentation along with a birth certificate, I believe this young man is a legal grandson of Grand Duke Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov. I know that many (if not most) people will ridicule this claim, however, the intrigue and espionage, of this period, has me leaning toward all that this young man has shared. If this become factual evidence, would he not be closer in line than any of the family's mentioned above?

HMB

Last edited:
Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich married morganatically in 1911 to Natalie Sergeyevna Sheremetyevskaya, a twice-divorced Russian noble, without permission from his brother, Nicholas II. Natalie had already given birth to a son, George, out-of-wedlock in 1910. For this action, Michael was banished from Russia and removed from the imperial succession by his brother.

Eventually, Nicholas forgave his brother and legitimized the marriage by granting Natalie the style of Countess Brassova. But their son, George, Count Brassov, was morganatic and not a dynast. Natalie and Count Brassov escaped Russia and George Brassov subsequently died in a car crash in 1931 in France at the age of 20. He never married or had any children.

So, this so-called "grandson" would not be a dynast under any circumstances.

branchg, didn't the Duke of Leuctenberg first grant Natalie that title then Nicholas confirmed it?

Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich married morganatically in 1911 to Natalie Sergeyevna Sheremetyevskaya, a twice-divorced Russian noble, without permission from his brother, Nicholas II. Natalie had already given birth to a son, George, out-of-wedlock in 1910. For this action, Michael was banished from Russia and removed from the imperial succession by his brother.

Eventually, Nicholas forgave his brother and legitimized the marriage by granting Natalie the style of Countess Brassova. But their son, George, Count Brassov, was morganatic and not a dynast. Natalie and Count Brassov escaped Russia and George Brassov subsequently died in a car crash in 1931 in France at the age of 20. He never married or had any children.

So, this so-called "grandson" would not be a dynast under any circumstances.

I certainly agree under the old laws, and very aware of this morganatic marriage. These are the claimant's grand parents! His father was born to the GD and Natalya on the 31 July 1916 (Saint Petersburg), long after the Tsar legitimized the marriage, and granted the formal style back to his brother. He was passed to a couple that the GD selected to bring the baby out of Russia, into the arms of his mother, Natalya. There is also documentation of the young man's father taking visits to his grand mother's, Maria Feodorovna, up until she died.

Both the Tsar, and his mother, The Dagmar, were present at this baby's baptismal in Saint Petersburg. The young claimant has record of this. He also has record of the certificate of birth, signed by the GD and Natalya. Getting the baby out of Russia was both a painful and expensive finanical endeavor for the GD, to avoid being uncovered by the Bolcheviks (October 1917), after being placed under house arrest. We know the rest of this story, for the GD was murdered in February 1918 (Perm), three months before the Imperial family (who were also under house arrest).

In comparison to 'other' claims, if this claim becomes fact, would he not be closest in line to the family of Tsar Nicholas II? We make the act of divorce sound so terrible, when actually, it was a common action amongst Prince's and Princess's in the lines of succession. The Tsar reserved the right to 'change' or wave morganatic law, as he saw fit. He wished for his brother, GD Mikhail, to be by his side during WWI. Thus, this 'second' child, born in 1916, would technically still be named a Prince. The GD Mikhail, actually reigned as Tsar for one day, after the title was passed to him from his brother, Tsar Nicholas II. The GD stepped aside, without resignation, for the "people" to decide whether the monarchy would be restored.

I have spent over three months communicating with this young gentleman in Uruguay. He is a graduate of The University of Glasgow, Scotland, where his mother's family (Stewart) were raised , and lived. She is the daughter of Manfred Wilhelm Hohenzollern (b 22 May 1915 - d 12 April 1996), and Katherine Stewart (b 15 September 1919 - d 4 July 2004), Edinburgh, Scotland UK. This young man is 27 years old.

I have collected all of our communication, which is translated from Spanish to English, written in his own hand. I am happy to share this with those that have an open mind. The level of intrigue and espionage during this period, raises many questions to the validity morganatic law, when there is no monarchy around to upold it. So, In reference to your last statement, this young man would (or could) be a dynast under all circumstance.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

HMB

Last edited:
Well ... it definitely is an intriguing story. Officially speaking, Grand Duke Mikhail Alexandrovich's bloodline ceased to exist with the death of George, Count Brassov. If whatever you have stated is true, I hope the young gentleman in question have got solid indisputable evidence of belonging to the Romanovs. At the same time, I do not think that the remaining Romanovs will ever accept him as a part of the family.

Well ... it definitely is an intriguing story. Officially speaking, Grand Duke Mikhail Alexandrovich's bloodline ceased to exist with the death of George, Count Brassov. If whatever you have stated is true, I hope the young gentleman in question have got solid indisputable evidence of belonging to the Romanovs. At the same time, I do not think that the remaining Romanovs will ever accept him as a part of the family.

I am hoping to not only produce a positive Y 37-45 DNA test, but also the birth certificate of his father, signed by the GD and Natalya's hand.

I have never been involved in such an intriguing story. This young man is well educated (The University of Glasgow, Scotland UK), was born in Edinburgh, and also speaks German. His mother (born 1945) is the daughter of Manfred Wilhelm Hohenzollern and Katherine Stewart, also born in Edinburgh, Scotland UK.

When there is hopefully, proof positive, then we shall see what the Romanov's think. Mean while, I am retired, and I plan to help him through this time. Believe me, no one would create a story for the 21st century, such as what I have heard. I have over 100 communications from him, regarding questions I needed answered. I have had to translate them into English from Spanish. His mother is still living, so this helps move this delicate project forward.

HMB

Who is the Head of the Imperial Family?

Below, I have attached one communication that answers questions that I needed to begin his family tree.

It is written in his native language (Spanish). I have translated it as best as possible, to English:

Mr. Harry Binkow: "Decir de mi abuela Natalya, ella vivio exiliada en Paris en el año 1952, puede decir que ella fue la esposa del Zar ya Mikhail fue Zar de Rusia por un dia, del dia 15 a 16 de Marzo del año 1917 con 38 años de edad. Mi abuela fallecio de Cáncer en un hospital, en la miseria..... ya que mi padre ya no podia hacer nada por ella. Ya que le imploro que se fuera lejos.. se del accidente de George en el año 1931."

Translation:
Mr. Harry Binkow: Saying of my grandmother Natalya, she lived exiled in Paris in the year 1952, can say that she was the wife of the Czar already Mikhail was Czar of Russia , as given on 15 to 16 of March of the year 1917 with 38 years of age. My grandmother died of Cancer in a hospital, in misery. .... since my father no longer being able to do nothing by her. Since I implore him that was itself far away.. itself of the accident of George in the year 1931.

This is just one simple communication. I have many that are detailed with family questions. Here is one more:

Es un placer que usted haya estudiado a mi familia, le escribo en español ya que es la lengua que más gusta a mi persona, usted a estudiado la historia de nuestra familia de comienzo de la esposa de Ivan Ivanovich conocido como el Zar Ivan el terrible o desde 1612 el tiempo en que los Rusos expulsaron a la Liga Polaco-Lituana, y que en ese entonces se nombro Zar despues de tanto revueltas a mi antepasado Mikhail I Romanov,
ya que mi padre estaria antes que ella, pero mi padre al fallecer el 9 de julio de 1993 a la edad de 76 años yo seria el unico que pudiera reclamar la corona de Rusia, pero mi padre oculto toda su vida su identidad ya que su vida corrio peligro en muchas ocaciones, una pista la madre de mi padre fallecio de cancer en francia y mi tio fallecio en accidente de transito dudoso de ser un atentado, mi abuelo lo oculto a mi padre por que ya sabia de los planes de los Bolcheviques cuando nacio mi padre, lo que es mas solo la Iglesia Ortodoxa tiene constancia del nacimiento de mi padre pero lo a ocultado ya que es un secreto dado a mis abuelos.

Translation:
It is a pleasure that you've studied my family, I am writing in Spanish because the language is more like me, you studied the history of our family from the beginning of the wife of Ivan Ivanovich known as the Tsar Ivan the terrible or time since 1612 that the Russians expelled the Polish-Lithuanian League, and then called Czar riots after both my ancestor Mikhail I Romanov,
because my father would be before her, but my father died on 9 July 1993 at the age of 76 I would be the only one who could claim the crown of Russia, but my father all his life hiding his identity as his life was in danger on many occasions, a track my father's mother died of cancer in France and my uncle died in traffic accident doubtful if an attack, hidden from my grandfather that my father already knew about the plans of the Bolsheviks When my father, which is but only the Orthodox Church is aware of the birth of my father but to what is hidden as a secret because my grandparents.

Best regards,

HMB

This is a very interesting thread- I have ejoyed reading it very much. Please keep us updated.

Here is one other...I believe that one can determine his anxiety, along with his father. After all, the claimant was born in 1982 (Edinburgh, Scotland), and his father died 16 years ago (1993). Aside from documents, and intimate conversation, it certainly did not give the two of them much time for history lessons. At least, his father told him who he is...

September 16 at 2:22pm
Con respecto a esta pregunta... ¿Por qué, específicamente lo que sus padres ocultar su nacimiento? ¿Fue porque sabían que pueden ser encarcelados o asesinados? ¿Cómo va a explicar su heridity? Mikhail sabia de las intenciones de los Bolchevique de asesinar a la familia Imperial Romanov, hasta el Zar Nikolai cuando su hermano le comento lo que habia averiguado Nikolai le dijo que era imposible que era tan imposible como querer transportar los Urales a cualquier parte del mundo el que los Bolcheviques que tuvieran exito en tal cosa. Pero el miedo de mi abuelo de proteger a su esposa su hijo George y el bebe que venia en camino, le dijo a su hermano que el respetaba su desicion de no creerle pero que el se iba a asegurar de proteger a su familia a costa de su propia vida y que habia desidido cuando naciera su segundo hijo fuera niño o niña, de no darlo a conocer al medio publico por la seguridad de la vida del bebe, ya que seria más facil de proteger no sabiendose de su existencia.... Y aunque tuviera que gotear su ultima gota de sangre por proteger a su pequeño George y a su amada Natalya, y a su segundo fruto de su matrimonio, mi padre.

Con respecto a mi madre ella es una Von Hohenzollern por padre y como le dije por parte de su madre es una Stewart...

Saludos Cordiales,

Translation:

Re: Romanov Family

With regard to this question ... Why, specifically what their parents conceal his birth? Was it because they knew they could be jailed or killed? How will you explain your heridity? Mikhail knew about the intentions of the Bolsheviks to kill the Imperial Romanov family, to the Tsar Nikolai when his brother told him what he had learned Nikolai said it was impossible it was as impossible as trying to carry the Urals to anywhere in the world that the Bolsheviks were successful in that. But the fear of my grandfather to protect his wife and baby son George who was on the way, he told his brother that he respected his decision to not believe him but that he would ensure to protect your family at the expense of his own life and that he had desidido when his second son was born child, not made known to the public means for the safety of your baby's life, and it would be easier to protect not knowing of their existence .... And if he had to dribble his last drop of blood to protect her little George and his beloved Natalya, and his second fruit of their marriage, my father.

With respect to my mother she is a von Hohenzollern by father, and told by her mother is a Stewart ...

HMB

Last edited:
So Toscany, when's the DNA test scheduled? Inquiring minds wanna know. . .

Who is the Head of the Imperial Family? Reply to Thread

I have forward to him information about www.familytreedna.com this morning. It may also be necessary to locate other tests that have been performed on other male Romanovs.

I believe I have impressed apon him, the need for such a test.

I have somehow learned to be patient about many things, after reaching the age of 50...Now, 5 years later, the ability to have patience is once again in question! I am happy to share results as soon as I know them.

Thank you for your interest.

It is very interesting and intriguing, but regardless, even if he is proven to be Grand Duke Michael and Natalie's grandson via DNA testing, he would be limited to the style and rank of a Count Brassov, per Nicholas II's manifesto, as Nataile and any children were denied dynastic status.

Michael Alexandrovich never formally accepted the throne after Nicholas abdicated and certainly did not change his wife's style or title. The monarchy had ended and the rights passed automatically under the Pauline Law to Grand Duke Cyril Vladimirovich after Michael's murder.

If we go by the precedent of Alexander II, he was a reigning Tsar who already had out of wedlock children with Princess Catherine Dogorukov. After the death of Empress Marie, he married Catherine and created her and their children Prince/Princess Yurievsky/aya, but they were never elevated to imperial rank, which he certainly could have done. So, it wouldn't really matter in any case.

Michael Alexandrovich never formally accepted the throne after Nicholas abdicated and certainly did not change his wife's style or title.
No, he didn't and in Coryn Hall's book on Minnie there is a quote that Nicky was upset and disappointed with Michael for not doing so. Excuse me??? You and your whacked out wife screw up the country so he doesn't have a snowball's chance in you know where to fix it and you're upset and disappointed with him??? :bang:

Who is the Head of the Imperial Family? Reply to Thread

It is very interesting and intriguing, but regardless, even if he is proven to be Grand Duke Michael and Natalie's child via DNA testing, he would be limited to the style and rank of a Count Brassov, per Nicholas II's manifesto, as Nataile and any children were denied dynastic status... So, it wouldn't really matter in any case.
Really? So, the world is not going to be interested in a secret son of the last Imperial family of Russia?

The manifesto you speak of, is as defunct as the Romanov Dynasty. The style, of this young man, is not as important as the fact that he excists. Let this man get to the point of indisputable genetic evidence, then we'll let the Romanovs decide. I believe that it will be a most welcome site for them and us. Count, Grand Duke, or just the fact that he is alive and well...

HMB

Last edited by a moderator:
Why, specifically what their parents conceal his birth? Was it because they knew they could be jailed or killed? How will you explain your heridity? Mikhail knew about the intentions of the Bolsheviks to kill the Imperial Romanov family, to the Tsar Nikolai when his brother told him what he had learned Nikolai said it was impossible it was as impossible as trying to carry the Urals to anywhere in the world that the Bolsheviks were successful in that.

THis is, pardon me, impossible. You stated the second son was born in 1916. In 1916 Nicholas II., not Grand Duke Mikhail had any idea the revolution would occure. They didn´t - read their letters and diaries. Until the last moment they didn´t know. There would be NO reason to hide any baby. The story, even though it has great timeline, does not have logic.
Plus the first revolution had NOTHING to do the Bolsheviks at all....

I would understand sending Natasha off with children AFTER the revolution.
And what is most convinving - there is no way that none of the people included would never ever utter a word about a matter such important in their letters or diaries.

Really? So, the world is not going to be interested in a secret son of the last Imperial family of Russia?
All I'm saying is it hardly matters. And the Romanov Dynasty is not "defunct" as you say. Maria Vladimirovna is the generally acknowledged Head of the Imperial House and the descendants of other dynasts are represented through the family association headed by Nicholas Romanovich.

If the man is, in fact, a grandchild of Michael Alexandrovich, then that is simply a private matter for him. It has nothing to do with the Russian succession question or the Pauline Laws. He is morganatic without question since Tsar Nicholas declared Michael and Natalie's descendants non-dynastic and limited to the style of Count Brassov/Countess Brassova.

Last edited by a moderator:
branchg, didn't the Duke of Leuctenberg first grant Natalie that title then Nicholas confirmed it?

No, it was created by Nicholas II with reference to one of Michael's estates in Russia.

You may be thinking of Grand Duke Michael Mihailovich and his morganatic marriage to Countess Sophie of Merenberg in 1891. She was created Countess de Torby by her cousin, The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, but this title and the marriage itself was never recognized in Russia by Alexander III or Nicholas II. The Grand Duke was banished from Russia as a result of his marriage.

They later settled in England at Kenwood House where their daughter, Nada, married George, 2nd Marquess of Milford-Haven (formerly Prince George of Battenberg), and their eldest daughter, Zia, married Sir Harold Wernher, one of the richest men in Britain. Their descendants today include David Mountbatten, 3rd Marquess of Milford Haven, The Duchesses of Westminster and Abercorn, The Countess of Dalhousie and Princess Alexander Galitzine.

THis is, pardon me, impossible. You stated the second son was born in 1916. In 1916 Nicholas II., not Grand Duke Mikhail had any idea the revolution would occure. They didn´t - read their letters and diaries. Until the last moment they didn´t know. There would be NO reason to hide any baby. The story, even though it has great timeline, does not have logic.
Plus the first revolution had NOTHING to do the Bolsheviks at all....

I would understand sending Natasha off with children AFTER the revolution.
And what is most convinving - there is no way that none of the people included would never ever utter a word about a matter such important in their letters or diaries.

Dear Velkoknezna Maria,

First, you may believe what you wish. Second your date chronology is way off. The birth date in question is July 31, 1916. I am not sure I follow your statements...

The Revolution we are speaking of, February 1917 (March in the Gregorian calendar), was focused in and around Saint Petersburg, where the families were living. The GD knew of these Bolchevik plans to take over Russia, though there was a provisional government in place. The Tsar was warned, even by the British government, as early as January, that he must commit to reform. The Tsar was made aware of this by his younger brother, yet he did not believe it. The Tsar was a good family man, however, let his administrators run Russia. They were corrupt and interested only in their own personal gain. The Tsar even ignored his families suggestions on reform. He was completely aware, yet was living in denial of his situation. Who would have thought a 300 year old monarchy would fall? How do you find logic in chaos? The Tsar was completely out of touch with what was going on. The GD was not!

Sometimes, life and the protection of it, has no logic! There could not have been logic, when one would not know what would be thrown at them at any given point in a day. This was not a time where technology allowed the communication of an uprising, or Twitter taking photos of a riot. This was a spontaneous revolt to over throw the autocratic government of the Tsar!

The Dagmar lived through very trying times. What makes you think that she had no pride, or that she could not keep a secret to save someone's life? What makes you think that she would not keep a secret that her youngest son asked her to keep?

By October 1917, when the Bolcheviks overthrew the provisional government, Lenin was in control of the cities, and a civil war broke out around the countryside. The monarchs were either under house arrest or fleeing the borders with what they could take with them. Some stayed to organize and fight with the "white" Russians. The GD smuggled his children out of Russia to Denmark. Countess Brassova followed later. What was she doing, that she could not go with the other children? Was she caring for a baby, or just not willing to leave her husbands side? Ultimately, she did leave, with a Danish passport, she left Russia for London. Who gave her the passport? Perhaps the Dagmar?

Can you imagine, this young man's father, living a life of secrecy, through his entire life, and the cold war with the Soviets. The fall of the Berlin wall, and eventually the collapse of the USSR, was only four years before his death. Did we know this was going to happen? I am not concerned about being ridiculed. I have researched the facts, and I am only concerned about them. This claimant is not wishing to be the next Tsar of Russia. He is only wanting to claim his ancestry, and attempt to follow his father's wishes. That being to exume his body, and bury the family with one another.

History is what is written for us. Yes, diaries and obituaries tell us many things about what was going on, however, not everything.

I am happy to entertain your questions. This is not a fairy tale. This is what a young man of 27 years of age is learning about himself. He and his father had only 10 years to share life. How much history can you teach a ten year old child? Believe what you wish, Velkoknezna Maria, and question what you believe is a hoax. I have over 100 communications over the last three months. I am going to help this young man learn the history of his family. If he is the grandson of Mikhail, I will be happy for him.

Last edited:
I´m sorry if I didn´t make myself clear, I´ll try so now:

1. The child was presumably born on 31st July 1916. By that time NOBODY knew about the revolution coming, definitely nobody within Imperial family. Why to hide a morganatic and politically absolutely unimportant child? Even more - if nobody was toknow about the boy, Natasha would have to be in total hiding herself almost since the beggining of 1916. How could anybody know what will happen next year??? The Revolution was long prepared, but to Imperial family it was a very sudden and unexpected blow. I have NEVER seen anything that would indicate otherwise.

2. How in the world, in the middle of war, whe German troops are advancing, could a little baby with nurse leave safely Russia???

3. I cannot imagine Mikhail saying "Mama, could you please never ever mention my son in your very own completely personal not for anybody else to read diary? Thanks." Ont he opposite. When Minnie met Natasha and her son George, which by the way was most probably the ONLY time they ever met (years after the revolution), the only thing Minnie wrote was very disapointed "he does´t resemble my Misha at all". Seems absolutely incredible that this other child would simply visit her - and there would be NO record about it.

4. The children were indeed taken to Denmark. Two children. George and Tata. Didn´t you said the "second son" was under supervision of some other family and already taken out? Why would Dagmar be giving Natasha Danish passport? Mikhail did. Minnie was in the time of the revolution faaaaaaaar away in Kiev and later she went to Crimea. We have seen Natasha´s passport and we have seen George´s. But no other.

5. Why should this man live in secrecy? AS I have stated above, he was in no way a danger to Bolsheviks and of absolutely no importance. There was plenty of LEGAL possible heirs to the throne.

6. I´m not ridiculing the claim, I´m using logic and historical facts. Whatever this young man may believe, I´m convinced he´s on the totally wrong track.

Dear Velkoknezna Maria,

Thank you for making your statements more clear. I can only answer for you what I know. Let me try to present another out look to your statements, as you have done...

1. July 1916, is only eight months before rebellions increased, and the February revolution came to Saint Petersburgh. Tsar Nicholas abdicated in March 1917. It was known by laisons of the British government, exactly what was to happen with regard to over throwing the Russian aristocracy. How can you state that the Imperial family knew nothing. They knew what they wanted to know...History tells us they were almost in complete denial. The Kaiser sheltered Lenin, for just the right time...

I cannot say where Countess Brassova was, or if she was in hiding. We know that she was not part of the Imperial court.

Your case in point. YOU have NEVER seen anything. That is what secrets are about. Understand that it was not a secret to the Imperial family. I am told the Tsar was present at the baptismal of this child. So, let us see how this plays out.

2. Saint Petersburgh, geographically is no where near the German front. It was also far from Moscow. It may have been easier than you think to leave Saint Petersburgh for Denmark or Scotland. The GD was not murdered until June 1918. This gave him plenty of time to make consideration of his immediate family.

3. Here, I have attached some of my communication with the claimant. (We communicate in Spanish, for that is his personal language. He does speak German). I have translated communication as best as possible without touching his hand.

Harry Binkow September 4 at 6:01pm
Gracias por su correspondencia, sin embargo muchas de mis preguntas siguen sin respuesta. ¿Es debido a la dificultad? He aprendido el protocolo de la monarquía de Rusia.
Su tío fue, George (Brasov), Sus padres fueron Miguel IV de Rusia y su amante, Natalia Serguiéievna Sheremetyevskaya. Su padre era el hijo menor del Emperador Alexander III de Rusia y de la emperatriz María Fiódorovna (antes princesa Dagmar de Dinamarca), una hermana del rey George V de la madre del Reino Unido, la reina Alexandra. padre. Él lleva el nombre de su tío, el Gran Duque Jorge Alexandrovich de Rusia, que había muerto de tuberculosis en 1899. Conde primo hermano de Brasov, fue el zarevich .. En Casa de la Rusa de Derecho, su padre, como miembro de la familia imperial, no podía casarse sin el consentimiento del monarca reinante. Este consentimiento no hubiera sido concedida como su madre se divorció dos veces y no de sangre real. A pesar de que había sido legitimado, él y sus descendientes serían excluidos de la orden de sucesión. Más tarde, el Gran Duque Cirilo Vladimirovich, el pretendiente al trono, le concedió el título de Príncipe. Está enterrado en el Cementerio de Passy en París, (b.1910 - d. 1931). Aunque no tenía los derechos de sucesión, debido a que el matrimonio morganático de sus padres, George era el último descendiente varón de la línea de Alexander III de Rusia.

Aquí, Emmanuel, estoy confundido con respecto a su heridity. Usted afirma que, usted es el nieto de Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov (1878-1918). El Gran Duque tenía un solo hijo (Jorge), con su esposa, Natalya Serguiéievna Wulffert. No puede hacer referencia a su padre, Dmitri Mijáilovich Románov en cualquier lugar. ¿Su padre utilizar otro nombre? No puedo localizar el padre de tu madre, Manfred Wilhelm Hohenzollern. El hijo menor del emperador Guillermo II, el Príncipe Joachim. ¿Sería capaz de ayudarme a organizar este heridity?
English translation:
Thanks by its correspondence, nevertheless many of my questions continue without answer. Due to the difficulty? I have learned the protocol of the monarchy of Russia. You uncle was, George (Brasov), His parents were Miguel IV of Russia and his lover, Natalia Serguiéievna Sheremetyevskaya. Their father was the son less than the Emperor Alexander III of Russia and of the empress María Fiódorovna (before princess Dagmar of Denmark), a sister of the king George V of the mother of the United Kingdom, the queen Alexandra. father. He carries the name of his uncle, the Grand Duke Jorge Alexandrovich of Russia, that had died of tuberculosis in 1899. Prime count brother of Brasov, was the zarevich.. At home of the Russian of Right, its father, like member of the imperial family, could not be married without the consent of the reigning monarch. This consent was not to have been granted as his mother was divorced two times and not of real blood. In spite of the fact that he had been legitimized, he and his descendants would be excluded of the order of succession. Later, the Grand Duke Cirilo Vladimirovich, the suitor to the throne, the title of Prince granted him. It is buried in the Cemetery of Passy in Paris, (b.1910 - d. 1931). Although did not have the right of succession, due to that the morganatic marriage of his parents, George was the last descendant male of the line of Alexander III of Russia.
Here, Emmanuel, I am confused with regard to his heridity. You affirm that, you are the grandson of Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov (1878-1918). The Grand Duke had a single son (Jorge), with his wife, Natalya Serguiéievna Wulffert. He cannot refer to his father, Dmitri Mijáilovich Románov in any place. His father to utilize another name? I cannot locate the father of your mother, Manfred Wilhelm Hohenzollern. The son less than the emperor William II, the Prince Joachim. It would be capable of helping to organize this heridity?
Emmanuel's Reply: September 4, 2009

de acuerdo sere breve, con respecto a esto mi padre, fue ocultado del medio social al nacer, solamente habia pruebas de su nacimiento en el lugar donde fue bautizado de la Iglesia ortodoxa en San Petersburgo, pero su padre o como quiera decirlo mi abuelo lo oculto solamente sabiendolo la familia más allegada de mi padre de sus tios el Zar Nikolai II y su abuela Maria Feodorovna, es un tema que sigue en suspenso hasta el dia de hoy, del cual mi padre se lo llevo hasta su tumba. mi abuelo el padre de mi madre es el hijo de Joachim

English translation:
sere under brief, with respect to that my father was hidden from the social environment at birth, but had evidence of birth in the place where he was baptized in the Orthodox Church in St. Petersburg, but his father or whatever you say my grandfather knowing it hidden only close family of my father of his uncles Tsar Nikolai II and his grandmother Maria Feodorovna, is a subject that is on hold until this day, of which my father took him to his grave. my grandfather on my mother's father is the son of Joachim
Harry Binkow September 7 at 4:24pm
RE: Grand Duke Michael Aleksandrovich of Russia

1. Emmauel,

¿Es posible que tu padre era su nieto, pero no el resultado de un matrimonio?

Por ejemplo, yo era adoptada, y mi madre biológica no estaba casada cuando quedó embarazada de mí. Asimismo, no se casó con mi padre paterno. Por lo tanto, yo soy un bastardo.
Es esto lo que estas' tratando de explicar?
Recuerdos,
Harry
Harry Binkow September 7 at 7:13pm
2. Emmauel,

Si usted es interesado, link al árbol familiar conectado de la ascendencia. Anote al mejor de su conocimiento los nombres y apellidos de sus padres y abuelos. Sería feliz de completar los demás para usted.

Las consideraciones,

Harry

http://www.byub.org/ancestors/firstseries/teachersguide/pdf/pedigree.pdf
English Translation(s):
1. Emmauel,

Is it possible that your father was her grandson, but not the result of a marriage?

For example, I was adopted and my birth mother was not married when she became pregnant with me. It did not marry my father's father. Therefore, I'm a bastard.
Is this what you are 'trying to explain?
Regards,
Harry
2. Emmauel,

If you are interested, link to online family tree of descent. Enter the best of his knowledge the names of their parents and grandparents. I would be happy to complete the rest for you.
With consideration,
Harry

continued....

Emmanuel Romanov September 8 at 5:00pm
Mi padre si es el hijo Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov y de su esposa Natalya Brassova. Mi padre hasta pago dinero para no tener nada que ver con la realeza Rusa. La pregunta es si mi padre no era el Hijo de Mikhail por que le interesaba a la KGB hacerlo desaparecer, ademas tanto mi padre como mi abuelo materno decidieron matenerse ocultos del medio publico. La madre de mi Madre su apellido de soltera es Stewart Katherine Stewart, descendiente de Jacob II Stuart, y tambien ella era descendiente de la ya dersaparecida familia real Irlandesa, y me contaba historia mi abuela que ella era descendiente de Brian Boru Rey de Munster, el Rey de Irlanda que puso resistencia a los Vikingos en Irlanda.
English Translation:
My father if the son Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov and his wife Natalya Brassova. My father to pay money to have nothing to do with the Russian royalty. The question is whether my father was the son of Mikhail that the KGB was interested in making it disappear, plus both my father and my grandfather decided to maintain backward hidden from public media. My mother's mother maiden name is Stewart Katherine Stewart, a descendant of James II Stuart, and also she was a descendant of the royal family dersaparecida and Irish history and my grandmother told me that she was descended from King Brian Boru of Munster, King of Ireland who became resistant to the Vikings in Ireland.
Harry Binkow September 8 at 8:25pm
Así que su padre fue un segundo hijo de Príncipe Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov y la Condesa Brasova, que nunca fue registrado legalmente como un hijo para la historia. Sé de la muerte del hermano de su padre, George (Conde Brasov) a los 20 años en un accidente de automóvil en Francia 1931. Su padre nunca recibió un nombre real. ¿Fue dado él los derechos de inmigrar o escapó él en su propio? Esto es muy interesante a mí, y más excepcional.
Soy también irlandés por bajada. Desde que su madre no es alemana, necesitaré para mirar el linaje del Rey irlandés. Por supuesto, la Reina Mary II fue el gobernante de Inglaterra, de Escocia, y de Irlanda. Soy feliz de investigar esto para usted, si usted me querría a. Espero tht que he ayudado le a clarificar su herencia familiar.
Las consideraciones,
Harry

English Translation:
So his father was a second son of Prince Mikhail Aleksandrovich Romanov and Countess Brasov, which was never legally registered as a child of record. I know of the death of his father's brother, George (Count Brasov) at age 20 in an automobile accident in France 1931. His father never got a real name. Was given him the right to immigrate or ran it on his own? This is very interesting to me, and more outstanding.
I'm also Irish by descent. Since her mother is German, I will need to look at the lineage of the Irish king. Of course, the Queen Mary II was the ruler of England, Scotland, and Ireland. I'm happy to investigate this for you, if you want me a. I hope tht I've helped you to clarify your family heritage.
Considerations,
Harry
Emmanuel Romanov September 15 at 3:16pm
Mi padre Escapo, de Francia a los 34 años en el año 1950 a Gran Bretaña y para los años 1973 emigro junto a mi madre a America....
English Translation:
My parents escaped from France at age 34 in 1950 to Britain for the years 1973 and emigrated with my mother to America ....

Harry' reply: September 15, 2009
Saludo Emmanuel
Gracias por la actualización de su información.
Esta información es muy interesante, sin embargo, le puede dar más detalles?
¿Cuál era su nombre cuando su padre emigró de Europa? ¿Qué tipo de pasaporte que fue la mano?
Como se mencionó, el nombre, Dimitri, no en el registro, y el único hijo de su abuelo, Mikhail, era George. ¿Cómo se explica esto? Entiendo la necesidad de mantener en secreto, sin embargo, no hay pruebas de ADN, un registro de bautismo o algo así?
¿Por qué el príncipe y la condesa ocultar su nacimiento. ¿Fue porque sabía que era, posiblemente, van a matar? ¿Cómo va a demostrar heridity?
Estoy trabajando en la investigación de la familia de su madre en Irlanda. Pasé mucho tiempo para anceestry alemán, estoy muy confundido.
Haré mi mejor esfuerzo para tratar de entender.
Saludos cordiales,
Harry

continued....

Back
Top Bottom