Romanov Pretenders and Imposters

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is all political, anyway...

The discussion, who is the "real" next Emperor of Russia is very interesting!

I did not know this thingy about the Austrian Habsburgs for example.

But I feel, this discussion, as interesting as it is, will lead to nowhere. All all the discussions about the deposed ruling families! Because they might be legit, but have little to nothing to do with the situation of the very constitution these countries have.

Is there for example a rule in Russia about the re-institution of Monarchy? I have not heard about it. And let us say, Russia would be willing to do so, would it not be interesting, what the new Monarch would bring to the table?

The nobles are mostly political somewhat "wise", what means, they are not too outspoken. But what, if the "real" pretender were? And what, if his opinions would not be well received in the very country, that wants to establish a new Monarchy? Well, they would probably take someone else, whatever the legal issues might be....

Thanks for your article. It changed my mind a little bit because this lineage, without discussion the most senior male Romanov descendants, started with the last Romanov marriage in Tsarist era: that of his father Andrey Alexandrovich Ronanov with a divorced mum: Donna Elisabetta dei duchi Sasso-Ruffo. As this was before the decimation of the imperial family, this was just seen as a junior prince of the wider imperial family engaging into a morganatic marriage.

Possibly this effectively leads to the Leiningens, since Maria and her son Georg, can no longer maintain the stance with which they have denounced so many fellow Romanovs: that they are morganauts and have no any position in the imperial house.

Back
Top Bottom