The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Russia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 10-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I probably adjusted my post when you were replying, but I meant that if it wasn't the Imperial Family that was found at all, it could have changed the position of the Russian government.
I have been to Russia several times, and the people I have met don't exactly hate the idea of a monarchy, if it would be more democractic, and secure than the Imperial monarchy, and the current government.
It could have undermined the government, because people may have thought they may have had another option in direct, and more modern Imperial descendants.
I respect your point of view because you're Russian, and of course, as someone that lives in Russia, you know more than me, a person who only visits your country.
All I'm saying is that there are conspiracy theories, that's all.
Maybe you have a point here, but to suppose that the entire findings were falsified and that several unknown persons were buried among the emperors in 1998 is an extreme conspiracy theory. It does exist in Russia, I can't deny this, but I oughtn't to conceal a fact that it is linked here with the theories of the behind-the-scenes Jewish cabal ruling Russia and mocking the Russian Orhodox faith.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 10-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
Maybe you have a point here, but to suppose that the entire findings were falsified and that several unknown persons were buried among the emperors in 1998 is an extreme conspiracy theory. It does exist in Russia, I can't deny this, but I oughtn't to conceal a fact that it is linked here with the theories of the behind-the-scenes Jewish cabal ruling Russia and mocking the Russian Orhodox faith.
I know it's an extreme conspiracy theory, but some of it may make a decent argument.
As for the theory about the "Jewish cabal ruling Russia and mocking the Russian Orhodox faith", that you mentioned, I hadn't heard that one.
__________________

__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #43  
Old 10-21-2005, 04:02 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

I think that it is ridiculous to believe that anyone, least of all a haemophiliac or two little girls could survive the hail of bullets and bayonets that the Romanovs were subjected to in that Cellar.

There was one story whereby a woman claimed she had seen the Tsarina and the Children on a train. I wish I could remember the rest of that.

There was a woman called Elena who was found in South Africa and her grandson tried to prove she was Anastasia. They said that the bone shape etc matched exactly with photographs of Maria - he refused that and said that she was Anastasia and couldn't be Maria. It made no sense - it was as if he only wanted her to be Anastasia and nobody else.
__________________
  #44  
Old 10-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 365
Well, it is indeed a theory that has its adherents in Russia. But if you are inclined to believe the scientists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Personally, I would believe scientists over theories from the west.
...
...and not the conspiracy theorists, then it is the Romanov family members who are buried in St Petersburg, Anastasia among them.
__________________
  #45  
Old 10-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
Well, it is indeed a theory that has its adherents in Russia. But if you are inclined to believe the scientists...



...and not the conspiracy theorists, then it is the Romanov family members who are buried in St Petersburg, Anastasia among them.
I like to keep an open mind!
The family of skeletons that were found may have been closely matched in size to those of the Imperial Family, but that doesn't mean it was them.
Considering only adult skeletons have been found, and no children, it could be anyone that was buried, if the DNA tests were manipulated just to close the case.

And as for the cellar, they may never have been there in the first place.
Just a thought.
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #46  
Old 10-21-2005, 05:09 PM
juliamontague's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: .., Germany
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
[/b][/i]
.
Huh:o I think my mistake was the first one. I meant they still think that it is Anastasia, while the Russians found out with the head-phot-computer think that it is Maria.

But this dicussion gets stupid
We will never know it!
__________________

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
  #47  
Old 10-21-2005, 05:10 PM
juliamontague's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: .., Germany
Posts: 292
Why should someone have manipulated the DNA-Tests?? And who?
__________________

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
  #48  
Old 10-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Doña Metizia's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 82
Layla1971: I looked at the link you posted about Anna Anderson & I could not belive how much she resembles Anne-Marie of Greece.
__________________
  #49  
Old 10-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Personally, I would believe scientists over theories from the west.
Let me clarify my post. I meant that in terms of skeleton, and skull comparisons the scientists would be correct, but in terms of DNA evidence,and the truth, I don't think that we can ever be 100% sure about it, (not even the scientists themselves).:)
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #50  
Old 10-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliemontague
Why should someone have manipulated the DNA-Tests?? And who?
I meant that if the Imperial Family had not really been murdered as history suggests, but the conspiracy theorists oppose, then if the government knew this, they may have wanted to suppress this information to prevent their power from being destablized.
People may have been unhappy with their government enough to think that reinstating the descendants of the Imperial Family (if there were any), under a democratic system, would be better than their current system of government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doña Metizia
Layla1971: I looked at the link you posted about Anna Anderson & I could not belive how much she resembles Anne-Marie of Greece.
I haven't seen many pictures of Anne-Marie of Greece, so I can't say if I think there are any similarities.
Could you post a picture of her to show the comparison?:)
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #51  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Let me clarify my post. I meant that in terms of skeleton, and skull comparisons the scientists would be correct, but in terms of DNA evidence,and the truth, I don't think that we can ever be 100% sure about it, (not even the scientists themselves).:)
The comparison of skulls and photographs took place as well in the 1990s. The skulls were identified as belonging to the Imperial family of Russia, the skull of Anastasia being among them.
__________________
  #52  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
The comparison of skulls and photographs took place as well in the 1990s. The skulls were identified as belonging to the Imperial family of Russia, the skull of Anastasia being among them.
So then it would be Maria, and Aleksey still missing, wouldn't it? Any ideas what happened to them?
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #53  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
So then it would be Maria, and Aleksey still missing, wouldn't it? Any ideas what happened to them?
They were burnt while the killers were digging a grave for the rest, according to Yurovsky.
__________________
  #54  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:46 PM
juliamontague's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: .., Germany
Posts: 292
They wanted to burn all the bodies , but most of them didn't catch fire, because they were not long dead.
__________________

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
  #55  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
I heard something about acid being used to destroy them more quickly. I don't think a fire would have gotten hot enough outside to destroy the skeletons completely. And, if they set the fire inside it would have burnt the house down.
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #56  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I heard something about acid being used to destroy them more quickly. I don't think a fire would have gotten hot enough outside to destroy the skeletons completely. And, if they set the fire inside it would have burnt the house down.
It is possible to have a fire so heavy that the bones disintegrate, leaving only small shards and pieces. The fire was lit next to the gravesite in the wood and not in the house.
__________________
  #57  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
It is possible to have a fire so heavy that the bones disintegrate, leaving only small shards and pieces. The fire was lit next to the gravesite in the wood and not in the house.
I kno the fire wouldn't have been set inside the house, just that I thought the only fire strong enough to make the bones disintegrate would have to be lit in a enclosed space.
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #58  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I kno the fire wouldn't have been set inside the house, just that I thought the only fire strong enough to make the bones disintegrate would have to be lit in a enclosed space.
No, an enclosed, crematorium-like space is not a prerequisite for such a heavy fire. For example, in India cremations have usually taken place in the open, on the special grounds called ghats.
__________________
  #59  
Old 10-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapple
No, an enclosed, crematorium-like space is not a prerequisite for such a heavy fire. For example, in India cremations have usually taken place in the open, on the special grounds called ghats.
Probably like they did in the times of Ancient Greece, Scandinavia (Vikings), ect.
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #60  
Old 10-22-2005, 03:20 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

Quote:
Anna Anderson & I could not belive how much she resembles Anne-Marie of Greece


I really have to disagree there! She doesn't really look like Anne-Marie at all IMHO but I know some people see people in someone that others dont (if that makes sense!)

This is Anne-Marie with her husband, King Constantine:

__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
dna, ekaterinburg, imperial family, romanov remains


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]