The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Russia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 02-13-2008, 04:12 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
The real story according to those at the Alexander Palace forum. In all this, I'm amazed at how closed minded some people can be. Unless you were one of those Bolshevik assassins who were at the execution, you can't know the real story.
__________________

__________________
  #222  
Old 02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
The real story according to those at the Alexander Palace forum. In all this, I'm amazed at how closed minded some people can be. Unless you were one of those Bolshevik assassins who were at the execution, you can't know the real story.
It's not just the AP forum's opinion, it's the facts from the experts and scientists involved, and news media stories released worldwide. Because a SEARCH member is a poster at AP, they are able to have all the current updates from Russia. Please read the entire thread for the story.
__________________

__________________
  #223  
Old 02-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, United States
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Princess Lisa View Post
Have you had any experience with them?
An awful lot. pk
__________________
  #224  
Old 02-17-2008, 12:04 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
"What Questions Would WE Ask About The "New Grave"

"What Questions Would WE Ask About The "New Grave" discovered 29 July 2007 if we were able to speak to the people invovled in the search, the discovery and the testing of what appears to be two bodies, a young male and a female, whom the Russians are claiming are Tsarvich Alexei and GD. Marie.

Before I start my questions, perhaps I should note that because our knowledge of the discovery is limited becuse most of us can only draw on are the newspaper reports and the press releases. As more information is provided, some of our questions will be anwered, or, they may cause more questions. Therefore, as we discuss our questions our own opinions might change and evolve.


Here is my first set of questions that bother me about the remains found.

#One - The fact that there seems to be two pits and not just just one leads me to ask the following:
.....A. According to all the testimonies [accept one of Yurovsky's statements in his unpublish memiors] I've seen we are told both the bodies of Alexei and a female were burned and then buried in one "pit". Not two pits.

......B. Because the two pits found are "stair stepped" and not parallel but perpendicular ( T" shaped), this indicates there is a possibility that these two "pits" were not dug at the same time. So, knowing how these kinds of questions would lurk around this discovery did the people in charge of the excavation take certain steps which will give evidence of proof needed to inform the public that these two "pits" were dug at the same time and not at different times.

.....C. According to Yurovsky testimonies, all the grave diggers were exhausted and didn't want to dig one grave so why would they dig three graves?
1) One pit for Alexei
2) One pit for a female
3) One mass grave for nine some 60 to 70 km from the other two "pits"

I realize that most posters do not have the answers to my questions and the questions by others which will follow, but, we can provide the answers we do know due to our own knowledge in forensics, or, some of us can provide sources from books, maybe provide links which will help us understand the various subjects that might pop up in this kind of thread.

Let me, also, add: I mean no disrespect to those who are working hard toward the truth on these findings in Ekaerinburg or whereever these remains need to be sent.

At this time, I see no reason not to set up a list of questions that we'd like to have anwered at some point in time.


Kipling once wrote:

>>I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew):
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.<<


AGRBear
__________________
  #225  
Old 05-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 3
I think PK is my well know friend who wrote a beautiful book on Mrs Anderson in 1983. I present myself:
I am a canadian historian who was born in France and who study the ROMANOV FILE since 1957, I was then 12 y.o.
Between 1957 & 1995, I travelled in France, Denmark, Ireland, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Russia to meet people linked to this ROMANOV FILE.
In 2008, I wrote a book solving this 90 years enigma after finding secret archives (30.000 documents in 10 cases) belonging to surviving members of the family of Nicholas II.
The tsarine & her 4 daughters were exfiltrated alive from Russia in 1918. They have never been shooted in Ipatiev House. They lived long hidden in Europe after the pseudo-massacre!...only the tsar Nicholas II & Alexis were shooted in a military field outside Ekaterinbourg. The corpses are not in Russia either!...
My book is: L'AFFAIRE ROMANOV, Louise Courteau Éditrice, Quebec, Canada. The book is sold now in Canada & soon in France, Belgium, Switterland.
You can go to My web-site is: ROMANOVFILE
You can see there a lot of photos & documents.
Best regards.
__________________
  #226  
Old 05-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 795
Monsieur Wartelle,
Do you know if your book will be available in English any time soon?
__________________
  #227  
Old 05-23-2008, 03:26 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,195
DNA Confirms Remains Of Czar's Children, Bone Fragments Exhumed In Woods Settle Mystery of Royal Family Members Who Disappeared - CBS News
__________________
  #228  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 3
ADN Tests

I want to tell you that DNA tests are a very clever "disinformation operation".
You should read the declarations of the japananese scientist Kitozato Tatsuo Nagai and Alec Knight from Stanford University who refuse the DNA results. I lived in Russia during 3 years and I can tell you that russians are experts in desinformation. It is a national sport!...
__________________
  #229  
Old 05-23-2008, 11:46 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRRACOURT View Post
I want to tell you that DNA tests are a very clever "disinformation operation".
You should read the declarations of the japananese scientist Kitozato Tatsuo Nagai and Alec Knight from Stanford University who refuse the DNA results. I lived in Russia during 3 years and I can tell you that russians are experts in desinformation. It is a national sport!...
Oh we all know that,LOL!

Except in this case,it's not just the Russians,but also the Brits and the US that have come to the same conclusion.
Just to cut all desinformation out on the Romanovs,for once and for all.......
__________________
  #230  
Old 05-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 3
I kindly ask you first to read my book and then take a final position. In the book are: exclusive documents, testimonies and photos of the graves coming from high rank persons giving the proofs of the survivance of the tsarine and the girls.
__________________
  #231  
Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Oh we all know that,LOL!

Except in this case,it's not just the Russians,but also the Brits and the US that have come to the same conclusion.
Just to cut all desinformation out on the Romanovs,for once and for all.......
Which again makes me wonder why, unless they have something to hide.
__________________
  #232  
Old 05-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRRACOURT View Post
... proofs of the survivance of the tsarine and the girls.
The Tsarina and all the daughters survived Ekaterinburg?
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #233  
Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 AM
LadyCat's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WM, United States
Posts: 371
If Alicky and the girls had survived Ekaterinburg I should think there would have been reports of it. How would the Tsarina and her daughters been able to live anywhere in the world without a single one of them being detected?

Cat
__________________
  #234  
Old 05-26-2008, 01:40 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
In regards to the heights of Alexei, Marie and Anasasia:

1 Oct 2007
Russian Newspaper: Intefax

Interfax wrote article on the new discovery in which the following is a part:



Since I don't read Russian, I have been told that this tells us that the Russians are indicating the remains of the female, Marie, estimated height is 160 cm = 5 feet 2.5 inches tall and that the male, Alexei, estimated height is 142-143 cm or 143= 4 feet 6.9 inches tall.


This following photo was taken 4/17 Oct 1916 and the girls are not lined up as they are in the next photo so heights are difficult to determine:


Nicholas II was said to have been 5 feet 7 inches tall.

About four months later:

This photo was taken in the Spring of 1917:


All the girls look about the same height as they were in the Oct. 1916 photo. Anastasia was the shortest.

Tatiana who looks about 5 feet 6 inches - taller than Olga and Marie
Anastasia - shortest of the girls and believed to be about 5 feet 2 inches
Alexei - 3 months later was said to be 5 feet and 1/2 inch tall. His height was recorded on the door of the palace which also shows the height of the girls.


BEAR's OPINION:

I think Alexei was close to his father's height and about 5 feet 5 to 6 f inches tall by July of 1918. Why? The average growith for a boy this age is 3.5 inches a year. If Alexi was 5 feet 1/2 inch on 1 Jan. 1917 then from 1 Jan. 1917 to 1 Jan 1918 he would have been about 5 feet 4 inches tall. Add another seven months and add another 2 inches and that would make him about 5 feet 6 inches tall.

His weight was probably more than 80 pounds because in one of the diaries we are told that Alexei was feeling better and his appetite had increased AND that that he was eating well. He still wasn't mobile enough to burn off any calories. By this time there was more starch in their meals than meat. Probably weight closer to 90 + pounds.

Since Anastasia was known to be about 5 feet 2. inches tall in 1918, we can tell by the photos that Marie was taller. Most think she was about 5 feet 6 inches. She was diffently taller than 5 feet 2 inches.

The estimated height of Alexei and Marie, as told in the news Interfax, [seen in above post] indicates they believe the two newly found remains are 4 feet 6 inches for Alexei and 5 feet 2.5 inches for Marie. If in fact the report is true, then, it would appear that someone didn't estimate the height of the bones correctly or it this is indeed accurate, then the remains cannot be Alexei's or Marie's.


AGRBear
__________________
"Truth ever lovely-- since the world began.
The foe of tyrants, and the friend of man."
  #235  
Old 05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
If Alicky and the girls had survived Ekaterinburg I should think there would have been reports of it. How would the Tsarina and her daughters been able to live anywhere in the world without a single one of them being detected?

Cat
They couldn't. Not all of them together, but one or two survivors is more likely. But then again, if you pop over to the remains thread, you see again, nothing is resolved.
__________________
  #236  
Old 06-13-2008, 11:47 AM
qui mal y pense's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: spring valley, United States
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
They couldn't. Not all of them together, but one or two survivors is more likely. But then again, if you pop over to the remains thread, you see again, nothing is resolved.
How can you say that nothing is resolved. We have the testimony of the murderers, DNA, etc. If anything there was motive to cover it all up, but to say that they are covering up the fact that they survived is very strange. It's not like they are returning property to the heirs of any of the Romanovs, so why?

By the way, these photos are amazing. I've never seen some of these- where are they from?
__________________
  #237  
Old 06-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Which again makes me wonder why, unless they have something to hide.
Must be something extremely valuable if it's making a bunch of very highly regarded scientists lie about their results. It'll be the end of their careers if this is really going on and they're found out.
__________________
  #238  
Old 06-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRRACOURT View Post
I kindly ask you first to read my book and then take a final position. In the book are: exclusive documents, testimonies and photos of the graves coming from high rank persons giving the proofs of the survivance of the tsarine and the girls.
And I - in my capacity as an administrator of this forum - kindly ask you to not start expecting people to read your book before you'll engage them in conversation about this topic. This is a discussion forum, not a venue to sell books. You surely can respond to questions with some actual information rather than a "buy my book or forever hold your peace" conversation-stopper.
__________________
  #239  
Old 06-16-2008, 01:00 AM
OlgaNikolaievna's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 64
It has been established now that the rumors of the women seen elsewhere was only a ploy by the Bolsheviks to not admit they had killed them. It was only a lie to cover up the fact they were dead. Interesting and sad it has taken the opposite use over the years, now people use to say they were alive! So any 'evidence' of them being seen alive is only based on these rumors and therefore untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Which again makes me wonder why, unless they have something to hide.
There is no disinformation, nothing to hide, no lies, and no coverup. Why make a story out of this that isn't there? The murdered family deserves more respect than that. So do the scientists. There are so many people being called liars and for what? It doesn't make any sense at all.
__________________
  #240  
Old 06-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -----------, United States
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
They couldn't. Not all of them together, but one or two survivors is more likely. But then again, if you pop over to the remains thread, you see again, nothing is resolved.
As OlgaNikolaivna said, all of these survival rumours and stories are ALL false. There wasn't any survivors during that night. It's impossible since, the bolsheviks use bayonets, knives, and shot them mulitiple times. But, all of the Imperial family and their servants died that night. The remains that were both discovered in 1991 and 2007 prove that they are of the imperial family. There are many pieces of proof, such as Yurorosky's note, and the accurate DNA tests. It really doesn't make sense to say 'they covered it up', or hiding something that's just speculation. This case really is closed, finally the Romanovs can really rest in peace when their memory is being respected. The DNA did it, many just refuse to believe in the DNA and want to make up their own stories. I don't think it's right to continue the survival theory, when the truth has already been proven. The imperial family doesn't diserve to be disrespected.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
dna, ekaterinburg, imperial family, romanov remains


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince joachim prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit sweden wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]