Grand Duke Georgy engaged?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they were engaged, the Imperial House would have announced it.

But someone also noticed the engagement ring on the finger of Lili Rosboch von Wolkenstein before her engagement to Prince Amedeo were officially announced.

I imagine that if it is true we will soon have a announcement. I am very curious about the future wedding when it will be. Especially on where to place;

Should the relationship between the Grand Duke and Mademoiselle Bettarini result in marriage, one hopes that union can be ruled as equal for dynastic purposes.

After all, the majority of Royal and Imperial families have adapted their house rules for the changing times.

There is no good reason why the Romanovs cannot do the same.

IIRC Grand Duchess Maria in the past has said that she would have no objections to approving a marriage of her son to a commoner.
Anyway, I suppose that if she does, the result would be an ourcry of the rest of the Romanovs, but if she doesn't the it would cause much more mess about the succession.

The dress is extremely unfit for a future Princess of Prussia / Grand-Duchess of Russia.

There are worse sins than a plunging neckline; at least the young lady is not sporting any tattoos.

The fashion tastes of many royals do not always "suit" their status (à la Diane of Württemberg and Kalina of Bulgaria).

Having done a stint with Madame Grès in the 1970s, Grand Duchess Maria has certainly developed her own unique style.

In 2009 Grand Duchess Maria said in an interview that "if my son’s chosen bride happens not to be from a ruling or sovereign house, the marriage will then require a change to the Family Statute, which only I can introduce and, in addition, would require also the blessing of the Orthodox Church since we are bound by a holy oath to observe the law of succession in its present form." She also says that equal marriage was not originally part of Emperor Paul's Law of Succession, but was added later by Emperor Alexander I. If Grand Duchess Maria does change the Family Statute, and the Patriarch publicly approves of the change, I don't think Grand Duchess Maria will be too fussed about the reaction of her cousins.

Interview with the Head of the Russian Imperial House, H.I.H. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna

Thanks, this was the statement I was referring to in my last post.
I also do not think that she will be much bothered if the rest of the Romanovs complain.

Maria Vladimirovna can't force Georgi into an equal marriage anyway. If she does not agree to a marriage with Rebecca, Georgi might either disobey her and give up his succession right, or he might do a 'Bertil' (stay unmarried and have no children). That way the succession through her descendents would just end. So it's better to put up a straight face and fight for her son's right to choose his wife freely.

Back
Top Bottom