Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She should just look into a mirror and become realistic. This is a fairy tale, that doesn't exist. He is a plump, "Grand Duke" of nothing, in a world that doesn't really care. She is keeping alive the flames of an archaic life, that will no longer be. Too bad. They should just be happy.

But they are going to post/proclaim that which backs up their claim. Just because the website is the "official" website of the Imperial House doesn't mean the information is right. I don't recognize them as the rightful heirs to the throne so I see the information they posted on ther "official" webiste as being inaccurrate and twisted to support their claim to the throne. Somebody else who belives their claim to throne may take it as legitimate, accurate information.

And really, anybody can make up a website and claim it's "official".

The fact you do not recognize the Imperial Family is your personal problem.For the russian authorities and for the Orthodox Church things are very clear.

...For the russian authorities and for the Orthodox Church things are very clear.
Being Russian myself I'm curious to know, Cory, which 'Russian authorities' do you have in mind? Any prooflinks?:)
Mrs Romanova is highly unpopular in Russia herself among the people, and among the elite.
The Orthodox Church is not a part of the Russian political system. It's one of several confessions in Russia, but not the state religion.
Thus its' opinion is not relevant for changing the Constitution and the form of the state.:whistling:

The fact you do not recognize the Imperial Family is your personal problem.For the russian authorities and for the Orthodox Church things are very clear.

Still looking for unbiased proof or information. A Website created by those who have a slanted and biased interest is not a reliable source.

And yet again, you have deliberately insulted those who do not share your beliefs.

This is the second time that I am pointing out your rudeness and insults. There are many forums out there who hold beliefs similar to yours and perhaps you might enjoy visiting those rather than coming here to hurl these kinds of slurs and abuses at us.

Do Russians want to restore monarchy? I am not sure.

I've been traveling a lot to Russia as part of my job. I travel to Moscow, Kiev, and St. Petersburg, although mostly to Moscow. I'm astonished at a lot of things there, so many changes from when I traveled there as a high school student during the height of the Cold War, just before the fall of the Soviet Union.

And I can tell you first hand, from my discussions with my professional colleagues in my firm in Russia and our client base in Russia, that the very idea of a restoration is beyond credibility. And as someone else who is Russian on this board pointed out, Maria Romanova is not a credible person, nor is her son. I won't belabour the point by describing their imitations of her.

(We don't discuss it during business hours, but after hours over dinner & drinks. As a person with an interest in Royalty, I'm always the one who brings it up.)

But I will tell you this much: there is a clear age delineation of who even knows who she and her son are, versus who doesn't. Essentially, anyone under age 30 has to have Maria and Georgi explained to them. They just don't know and they don't care. Over 30, it's a crapshoot. Some know. Some don't. Not one even cares, except to say that there's a place for everyone in the new economy (usually said with a laugh.)

Last edited:
Being Russian myself I'm curious to know, Cory, which 'Russian authorities' do you have in mind? Any prooflinks?:)
Mrs Romanova is highly unpopular in Russia herself among the people, and among the elite.
The Orthodox Church is not a part of the Russian political system. It's one of several confessions in Russia, but not the state religion.
Thus its' opinion is not relevant for changing the Constitution and the form of the state.:whistling:
Right you are ...

You must just see the visits in Russia of Grand Duchess Maria and how she was received everywhere by the authorities in the capital and by local authorities.
The Russian Orthodox Church represents the majority of the Russian and all the politicians in Russia respect what it says.
I do not offend anybody if I recommend to read first the laws of the imperial House and only than to speak about the Succession to the Russian Throne.

You must just see the visits in Russia of Grand Duchess Maria and how she was received everywhere by the authorities in the capital and by local authorities.
The Russian Orthodox Church represents the majority of the Russian and all the politicians in Russia respect what it says.
I do not offend anybody if I recommend to read first the laws of the imperial House and only than to speak about the Succession to the Russian Throne.
Thank you, Cory, for your recomendations about reading. I've done it before enrolling to TRF.
That is not true about the support from the authorities. Do you have any proofs? I suppose not. NotAPretender is absolutely right about no support for restoration in Russia among the citizens(except that Kyiv is no more Russia, but Ukraine).
The Orthodox Church does not represent 'the majority' of the population. Try to Google for Russian muslims someday, Cory.:)
The position of the Ortodox Church is similar to the position of the Cactuses' fans society. They are non-governmental organizations. They are not the part of the governing system.

So the majority of Russians are not orthodox?

So the majority of Russians are not orthodox?

No Kasumi is trying to say that the Orthodox Church's thinking on the restoration and successors is not the same as the thinking of the majority of the Russian population who simply don't care about either. And yes, Russia has a large Muslim minority -- see Chechnya. :flowers:

I am very aware in this moment the majority of the population do not think of who should be Emperor/Empress.

Regarding the first item....again, I am compelled to require a source from you as to the percent of Russians who adhere to the Orthodox faith and who not only practice it, but obey its patriarchs.

And what on earth makes you think that those of us posting here are not familiar with the Fundamental Laws?

Cory...you seem to be a highly intelligent and remarkable person. Your English language skills are very refined and I am amazed at your participation in this forum (in a positive way!)

I understand that we all have our idols and choose to be "fans" of certain individuals, but I do wonder that perhaps you are not able to look at all sides of this very complex situation. M.V may not be worthy of your devotion.

Please do take care.

I am not a fan of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna at all( I even suppose she has quite an imperialist view of Russia) but I am sure she is the Head of the Imperial House.I do not need idols anyway ...

I wonder how much interaction Georgi has with the rest of the Romanov family.

Grand Duke George can meet any russian, aristocrat or not, so even the Romanovski princes.

I wonder if he has good relations, it's just his mother that is kind of a thorn in the side of good relations.

That said, Cory, are you perchance in love with Maria? At all? :)

As a Romanian I can't like everything Grand Duchess Maria does in favour of russian imperialism but I sincerely hope Grand Duke George could become one day a constitutional monarch of his country.

What kind of relationship does Georgi have with his father or with other members of Hohenzollern dynasty,if any...?

That remains unknown and not clear enough.It seems that his father did not get remarried after divorce.It will be a good idea if Georgi talks in an interview about his values,parents,friends,hobbies etc.
This way he remains totally unknown and foreign to the Russian people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgi is just being smart and keeping a low profile, right now sticking his neck out. He has no official obligation to talk about himself and he really shouldn't be about campaigning for the crown his mother so desires for him.

The Tsarevich must fulfil his duties according to the traditions of the Imperial House.

The Tsarevich must fulfil his duties according to the traditions of the Imperial House.

I suppose that depends on what his "duties" are, specifically. Cory - exactly what are those duties, in your estimation?

I can think of one in particular that I do not believe he will be fulfillling...but I'm more interested in your exact list of duties that Prince Georgeii (Georgy? will not be exact, of course) "must" fulfil.

"His Imperial Highness the Tsesarevich and Grand Duke Georgii Mihailovich was born on March 13th (new church calendar) 1981 in Madrid, on the eve of the 100th Anniversary of the martyrdom of his Great-great-grandfather Emperor Alexander II the Liberator (1/14 March, 1881). He was born of the marriage of H.I.H. the Grand Duchess Maria Wladimirovna to H.I.H. Grand Duke Mikhail Pavlovich (born H.R.H. Prince Franz-Wilhelm of Prussia)."
His Imperial Higheness heir to the throne the Grand Duke Georgii Mihailovich

"In 1976, Grand Duchess Maria Wladimirovna entered into an equal marriage with Prince Franz-Wilhelm of Prussia, who, after being received into the Orthodox Church, was granted the title Grand Duke and the name Mikhail Pavlovich by Grand Duke Wladimir III Kirillovich. The marriage was later dissolved by divorce. "
Dynastic Succession

As we have pointed out to you before, these are propoganda sites and not reliable, third party sources.

Grand Duke George can meet any russian, aristocrat or not, so even the Romanovski princes.

As can I and, in point of fact, have.

However, Prince George has so little interaction with any members of his extended family that he reminds me of Alexei, the last Tsarevitch, son of Nicholas and Alexandra. And in the isolation of Prince George, I see a repeat in faint shadow of the isolation imposed by Alexandra upon Alexei.

Of course, the stakes now are quite simply zero. But it is interesting to note the striking similarities.

However, Prince George has so little interaction with any members of his extended family that he reminds me of Alexei, the last Tsarevitch, son of Nicholas and Alexandra. And in the isolation of Prince George, I see a repeat in faint shadow of the isolation imposed by Alexandra upon Alexei.

Yeah, his mother keeps him in a really isolated lockdown and I really, really feel for him in that respect.

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and her son Grand Duke Georgii at the wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie von Isenburg in Germany. She's wearing another rather bright outfit (and don't even get me started on the hat, because it's quite hideous).

Photo from Getty Images.

That's really funny. She looks like a clown. He is such a good son to be seen with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom