Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a mistake if Grand Duchess Maria weren't the "de iure" Empress.

What if something happens that it doesn't work out, that Georgi is passed over by the Russian Church/government, or the people? Then what would he do with his life?

He had always been prepared to be emperor.If this does not happen I am sure he will continue to be a symbol of the romanov Dynasty all his life.

What if something happens that it doesn't work out, that Georgi is passed over by the Russian Church/government, or the people? Then what would he do with his life?

All of these titles and/or styles are titles in pretension, which means they have no validity whatsoever.

He's earning a living as a citizen, which is appropriate. It's what he is and all that he is entitled to. He and his mother lived off her half-sister's inheritance for many years, and that's long over now.

The monarchy was abolished completely after the Revolution. There is no throne for him to ascend to, no "job" as monarch to aspire to.

So the pretension will continue to live with, or die with, him, just as they lived and died with any number of pretenders to other thrones, the world over.

He'll be fine. There are huge numbers of former Royals and aristos who earn a nice honest living without "ruling" in any fashion.

The validity of Grand Duke George's titles have no relevance for the republicans but are recognized by the monarchists.That's the same as in France,Italy,Portugal,...

He'll be fine. There are huge numbers of former Royals and aristos who earn a nice honest living without "ruling" in any fashion.

I think that a taxpayer funded restoration is impossible in any form.

A restoration is made only if the people wants it.Nothing is impoosible and the history shows it so well.

Do Russians want to restore monarchy? I am not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand Duke George should always be prepared to take over his hystoric inheritance .

Grand Duke George should always be prepared to take over his hystoric inheritance .

Well, he has to make money and pay the bills like everyone else too. Neither he nor Maria are rich and he has to live his life.

I'm sure he has been well-trained by his mother to uphold the traditions of the House and the Orthodox Church. But, he may not be as enthusiastic about it as his mother was.

The fute will prove how enthusiastic is him about his hystoric inheritance but till now he was a perfect Grand Duke.

He had best continue to live as responsibly as he has now and choose (or let his mother choose) as responsibly as he can. I think the best would be to end up being careful about who (if at all) he gets involved with.

GD Georgi has cheeks on his face that BEG to be pinched by old ladies.

Poor guy. His wife will have to be a brave one to deal with his mother and any issues that Georgi has about being dominated by women.

A mamma's boy. What a prize.

On what basis is George a "mamma's boy"? Because he was raised by a single mother? Because they appear to have a close relationship? Because of his weight?

I'm curious as to your reasoning. ;)

In the case of the marriage of Grand Duke George's parents his father took the surname and the titles of his mother not viceversa.Prince Franz of prussia became Grand Duke Mihail Pavlovitch Romanov of Russia before his marriage.Grand Duchess Maria had never been Princess of prussia.Grand Duke Vladimir granted at the birth of Grand Duke George his russian titles.
Grand Duke George never sustained to be a Prince of Prussia and in no Statement of the Imperial House he had been mentioned as such.

I require a source from you on this; I strongly disagree. Please provide a link to a reliable and non-biased source for this continued yet unsupported statement.

I require a source from you on this; I strongly disagree. Please provide a link to a reliable and non-biased source for this continued yet unsupported statement.

"His Imperial Highness the Tsesarevich and Grand Duke Georgii Mihailovich was born on March 13th (new church calendar) 1981 in Madrid, on the eve of the 100th Anniversary of the martyrdom of his Great-great-grandfather Emperor Alexander II the Liberator (1/14 March, 1881). He was born of the marriage of H.I.H. the Grand Duchess Maria Wladimirovna to H.I.H. Grand Duke Mikhail Pavlovich (born H.R.H. Prince Franz-Wilhelm of Prussia)."
His Imperial Higheness heir to the throne the Grand Duke Georgii Mihailovich

"In 1976, Grand Duchess Maria Wladimirovna entered into an equal marriage with Prince Franz-Wilhelm of Prussia, who, after being received into the Orthodox Church, was granted the title Grand Duke and the name Mikhail Pavlovich by Grand Duke Wladimir III Kirillovich. The marriage was later dissolved by divorce. "
http://www.imperialhouse.ru/eng/imperialhouse/succession.html

George was born "Jorge prinz von Preussen Romanoff"; however, the year after the birth his mother filed a petition in France to have his last name changed to"Romanoff-grand-duc de Russie prinz von Preussen."

Source: Bulletin 11 -- 30 Sep 1982 of Cercle d'Etudes des Dynasties Royales Europeennes (published by J.F. Tourtchine)

In the official statements of the Imperial House this is never mentioned.

Yes, well, that was/is his legal name.

Though one imagines once the family regained their Russian citizenship he became simply "Georgiy Mikhailovich Romanov," or something similar.

It would be interesting to know if Maria and George are accorded their titles on their Russian passports and identity papers.

I know officially Grand Duke George never presents himself as a Prince of Prussia.

Indeed, of that much we are all aware.

Taking into account the official site of the Imperial House he has always been called only Grand Duke and Tsarevich.

"His Imperial Highness the Tsesarevich and Grand Duke Georgii Mihailovich was born on March 13th (new church calendar) 1981 in Madrid, on the eve of the 100th Anniversary of the martyrdom of his Great-great-grandfather Emperor Alexander II the Liberator (1/14 March, 1881). He was born of the marriage of H.I.H. the Grand Duchess Maria Wladimirovna to H.I.H. Grand Duke Mikhail Pavlovich (born H.R.H. Prince Franz-Wilhelm of Prussia)."
His Imperial Higheness heir to the throne the Grand Duke Georgii Mihailovich

"In 1976, Grand Duchess Maria Wladimirovna entered into an equal marriage with Prince Franz-Wilhelm of Prussia, who, after being received into the Orthodox Church, was granted the title Grand Duke and the name Mikhail Pavlovich by Grand Duke Wladimir III Kirillovich. The marriage was later dissolved by divorce. "
Dynastic Succession

No offense but you're quoting from the Imperial House's website, which is a biased source.

When you speak about a marriage the best source is not the official site of the couple?

That's not a compliment. He is soft and chubby. A mamma's boy. What a prize.

I just have to agree with Cory on this basis; he looks like he has a close relationship and she (Maria) strikes me as a woman who is eager to ensure that her son doesn't get taken advantage of and manipulated by (and there are a lot of them out there) unscrupulous women out there who would use him for his lineage and (however disputed) dynastic status.

Is he really that desirable because of a claim to a throne which has been vacant for nearly 100 years and probably will remain vacant for the indeterminate future? Now if Maria and Georgi have a fortune, then there might be some women out there eager to marry him but I don't see that his claim to the throne makes him prey for unscrupulous women in particular.

VM you are right on the mark. Other than if they have money, no one of any note or not, will have any interest in Mr. Chubby cheeks. Actually, I wish he could just find a nice lady of his own and go on and have a life, instead of this made up one.

I wonder how Maria would stand having anything less than perfection for her son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom