Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not very easy.

Really the ideal Princess is Theodara of Greece. She is orthodox, her Great Great grandmother was a russian grandduchess. I cant see that marriage happening though

I suppose Grand Duke George has a very close relation with his father too.

Really the ideal Princess is Theodara of Greece. She is orthodox, her Great Great grandmother was a russian grandduchess. I cant see that marriage happening though
Me either. However Russo has a soft spot for a Theodora and Harry match. . .:whistling:

Georgi is actually at the moment the most eligible royal bachelor out there, for all his questionable rights to the Russian Throne. He is undisputably a Prussian Prince and that is no small thing.

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about his personality?

He seems to be a friendly person but I haven't heard him delivering an official speech.

Grand Duke George is not a member of the Royal House of Prussia but of the Imperial House of Russia but he is obviously one of the most eligible royal bachelor.

Why not? It could work.

Mainly because I cant see theodara agreeing to it. She had a career in the US, has no connection to russia and has spent most of her life in the UK and the US. I would love for to marry a royal I think ske will end up marrying an American.

Actually I think her father wouldn't agree to it -- Georgi is simply not good enough, as he's not apart of a reigning family that Constantine can say he is related to and 'good friends with' :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
King Konstantinos II would never interfere in the choices of his daughter.

Grand Duke George is not a member of the Royal House of Prussia but of the Imperial House of Russia but he is obviously one of the most eligible royal bachelor.

As his father is a Prussian prince and his parents were legally married, he is of course a Prinz von Preussen. His German name is Georg Prinz von Preussen, even if he doesn't use that name.

His father converted to orthodoxy and became Grand Duke Mihail Pavlovitch of Russia.When Grand Duke George was born he was born as member of the Imperial House of Russia and not of a Prince of Prussia.
Grand Duke George had never been considered a member of the Royal House of Prussia and he had never had the surname "Prinz von Preussen".

I am not expert for royals... but I have a question. Could someone be a member of two Houses by birth? Could be GD George a member of Imperial House of Russia and a member of Royal House of Prussia at the same time? How is it after marriage?

Actually I think her father wouldn't agree to it -- Georgi is simply not good enough, as he's not apart of a reigning family that Constantine can say he is related to and 'good friends with' :whistling:

As none of his married children have married royalty I dont think that is an issue

King Constantine is Grand Duke George's godfather. ;)

Grand Duke George can't be and in fact he is not member of Two Royal Houses.He has always been only member of the Imperial House of Russia.

The Imperial House of Russia and the royal Family of Greece have always been in very good terms.

He's still related to the Prussian House. The blood of Prussian Kings run through his veins, no matter how much they try to deny it. As much as I deny my cousins, they are still my cousins even if I call them another name.

Grand Duke George can't be and in fact he is not member of Two Royal Houses.He has always been only member of the Imperial House of Russia.

And why can't he be a member of the Prussian Royal House? The fact that his mother is the Head of the Russian Imperial House doesn't prevent him from inheriting his father's title of Prince of Prussia.
He may not use his Prussian titles, but this doesn't imply that he is not a Prussian Prince.

His father converted to orthodoxy and became Grand Duke Mihail Pavlovitch of Russia.When Grand Duke George was born he was born as member of the Imperial House of Russia and not of a Prince of Prussia.
Grand Duke George had never been considered a member of the Royal House of Prussia and he had never had the surname "Prinz von Preussen".

That is entirely incorrect. At birth, he had the surname of Prinz von Preussen and in fact, his father held the boy's passport in that name throughout his minority.

His legal name was and is "Prinz von Preussen." His titles and styles in pretension are Grand Duke et al. But they are just that - titles and styles in pretension.

And why can't he be a member of the Prussian Royal House? The fact that his mother is the Head of the Russian Imperial House doesn't prevent him from inheriting his father's title of Prince of Prussia.
He may not use his Prussian titles, but this doesn't imply that he is not a Prussian Prince.

Exactly, MA Fan. He is a Prince of Prussia.

Why do you insist on this? Where is it written that he is and has only been a member of the Imperial House of Russia? I had always assumed that a woman typically takes the position of her husband and their children are members of the father's house. In the case of queen regnants, there are letters patent issued to address this particular circumstance when a wife has the higher position than the husband (I think; I may be wrong).

In the case of the marriage of Grand Duke George's parents his father took the surname and the titles of his mother not viceversa.Prince Franz of prussia became Grand Duke Mihail Pavlovitch Romanov of Russia before his marriage.Grand Duchess Maria had never been Princess of prussia.Grand Duke Vladimir granted at the birth of Grand Duke George his russian titles.
Grand Duke George never sustained to be a Prince of Prussia and in no Statement of the Imperial House he had been mentioned as such.

Somebody who knows Russian should explain that.

Grand Duke George is the son of the "de iure Empress" Maria Vladimirovna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom