Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opposites attract, mostly, in magnets. People have to have something in common. They don't look like a match, he is dowdy, she is more elegant. I don't know anything about their likes or intellect. He has no real standing to attract, as he is a vague possibility to a very doubtful maybe.
Ms. Sobchak comes across as an intelligent well-spoken individual with a good sense of style. Controversies and romances have made her a polarising media persona in Russia. It would take a strenuous effort to re-brand Ms. Sobchak as a member of the Imperial family. In the 1990s she might have a chance of winning hearts and minds of Russian people. Her chances now are very very limited.
By the way, her father, Anatoly Sobchak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, was instrumental in launching careers of Mr. Putin and Mr.Medvedev.

The marriage of Grand Duke George and Mrs. Sobchak absolutely impossible. Rumors of this bloom opponents Dynasty.

At the invitation of local authorities (probably President Igor Smirnov), Grand Duke George has arrived in the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic for celebrations marking the 20th anniversary of the founding of the unrecognized country.

Source: RIA Novosti

Transnistria is a part of Moldova .Until 1939 Moldova was a part of the Kingdom of Romania and even today the majority of the citizens of Moldova are romanians.
Transnistria is "independent" because occupied by the russian troops.

Thanks for the confirmation, kirillovec.

The Imperial House has established quite close ties with the leadership in the PMR. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna is the godmother to Vice President Aleksander Korolev.

The leaders of Tiraspol are not in favour od democracy and represent a regime not recognised by the international community.Transnistria must rerurn to Moldova.
It is a pity GRand Duchess Maria and Grand Duke George has anything to do with Smirnov &comp.

Transnistria must return to Moldova.
It is a pity GRand Duchess Maria and Grand Duke George has anything to do with Smirnov &comp.
Well said, Cory!

Nothing good. Grand Duchess maintains relations with the former Russian Empire.

Transnistria to recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia, which is also partially recognized by the international community.

Which countries recognize Transnistria?
How could the Imperial Family have any king of relations with the comunist regime of Tiraspol?

Which countries recognize Transnistria?

Transnistria's sovereignty is not recognized by any member of the United Nations and it has no official diplomatic relations with any of those states.

So how could GD Maria and GD George have any relation with this separatists?

How could the Imperial Family have any king of relations with the comunist regime of Tiraspol?

Does Igor Smirnov belong to either of the communist parties in Transnistria, Cory?

Smirnov continues the stalinist policy, is a dictatator and his regime is separatist and against the international law.
Transnistria is a part of the romanian state of Moldova.

I don't believe you answered my question. Perhaps because Mr Smirnov is not in fact a Communist, as you originally claimed.

Whether or not he is a dictator is quite open for debate as he was elected by over 80% of those inhabitants of Transnistria who chose to participate in the 2006 election. Of course, there was an opponent who claimed the results were rigged, but you will notice that those kinds of accusations occur in many countries around the world (for example, Russia).

Smirnov is not officially a communist but he is in fact taking into account his policy completely against democracy.There have never been free elections in the area of Transnistria since they proclaimed the secession.

He is a separatist, not a communist. Could you give some specific examples of his policies that are anti-democratic? I would greatly appreciate it.

It is hard to make such a blanket statement regarding elections in Transnistria since they are not even monitored by most organizations. However in 2001, the Commmonwealth of Independent States Election Monitoring Organization did participate and did not record any irregularities, calling the elections "democratic."

Last edited:
Princess Theodora of Greece, the Princesses of Anhalt could be good choices for a future marriage of HIH Grand Duke George.

:previous:
It is nice to see Grand Duke Georgi trying to improve foreign relationships between Russia and its neighbours.
I wonder what members of the Moscow Nobility Assembly are going to discuss about the Central Asia. The discussion will be disingenuous because the tsarist government was not much better than the communist one.

Thanks for the blog entry!
Unsurprisingly comments under the article are unfavourable.

Thanks for the article!
It is a rather good photo of Grand Duke Georgii. Is the second aristocrat Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg?

:previous:
Yes, he's indeed Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume.

As I've understood lady Gabriella isn't dating anyone at the moment.But I think about her possible future husband,if she marries Russian official pretender to the throne The Prince Georgii Romanov,than it could be great!

The union may be possible, if there is some possibility of the restoration. However, I do not think that Lady Gabriella will be agreeable to such idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom