The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 09-12-2019, 05:12 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Grand Duke Georgi attended the Gala Dinner and Jewellery Fashion Show “Simply Exceptional 2019” at Siam Kempinski Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand


https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...c1&oe=5E0F5166
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...ba&oe=5E0B7768
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn.n...a4&oe=5DFD36E2
Is that Princess Alexander of Belgium (Lea) in the lightblue gown?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 09-12-2019, 05:14 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,563
Yes, thats her. In her thread i have posted more pictures from her visit in Thailand.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 09-14-2019, 08:37 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,720
With his full beard and firm posture, Georgy would be a perfect cast for the role of the Tsar in the opera Boris Godunov:
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 09-14-2019, 08:57 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,726
What was he doing in Thailand to gether with Princess Lea and her friend Mr Zinner ?.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 09-16-2019, 11:33 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,563
Grand Duke Georgi visiting the Orthodox Church in Hua, Thailand


https://www.instagram.com/p/B2eXBg8IwKE/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2eXk3Po18w/
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 10-21-2019, 12:20 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,563
Grand Duke George attend an international academic conference titled "Crimea in the Life of the Romanov Dynasty. The Beginning and the End of the Reign of Emperor Nicholas II of Russia" held at the Livadia Palace.



https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...ch_results_adp
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 11-01-2019, 12:50 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,563
GD Georgi Visiting the Livada Palace in Crimea


https://www.instagram.com/p/B4UjUEfICL9/


as take part International Scientific Conference “Crimea in the Fate of the Romanov Dynasty. The beginning and end of the reign of Emperor Nicholas II. "


https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Uj8_qohiX/
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 11-06-2019, 08:41 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 22
Marriage at last!

Within European royal and noble circles intense rumors have been spreading for recent months that Gr Dss Maria Wladimirovna is fed up with Prince Georgi's refusal to marry, and that she is arranging a marriage between Prince Georgi and Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach despite Prince Georgi is not happy with this choice!
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 11-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithsdale View Post
Within European royal and noble circles intense rumors have been spreading for recent months that Gr Dss Maria Wladimirovna is fed up with Prince Georgi's refusal to marry, and that she is arranging a marriage between Prince Georgi and Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach despite Prince Georgi is not happy with this choice!
I thought Grand Duke Georgi had a girlfriend.
I did not know this princess.
I found this news about her:

Royal Musings: Princess Leonie named as heir
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 11-07-2019, 12:58 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithsdale View Post
Within European royal and noble circles intense rumors have been spreading for recent months that Gr Dss Maria Wladimirovna is fed up with Prince Georgi's refusal to marry, and that she is arranging a marriage between Prince Georgi and Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach despite Prince Georgi is not happy with this choice!
I find this very hard to believe. Will mummy drag Georgi to the church by the ear?
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 11-07-2019, 02:03 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,257
And what about the princess. She might persuade her son, but I doubt the lady will accept such a situation.
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 11-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 331
Well she supposedly did want an "equal marriage" for her son. In the off chance that this has even the slightest amount of validity....why?

In the case of where vast amounts of wealth go with titles, even defunct ones, I can understand to a degree complying with outdated "house laws" as you would often socialise and date within the same set of people anyway.

But GDG is one of several pretenders to a throne that is extremely unlikely to be restored and doesn't have any large assets I don't think (please correct me if I'm wrong). Why have an arranged or semi arranged marriage in this case? What would be in it for her as her family seem to have a lot more going on? He'd still been able to show up to many of the other "defunct royals of Europe" events and do quasi-quasi tours and engagements in any case.

Again this is assuming there is even the slightest bit of truth in this.
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 11-07-2019, 07:41 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Well she supposedly did want an "equal marriage" for her son. In the off chance that this has even the slightest amount of validity....why?

In the case of where vast amounts of wealth go with titles, even defunct ones, I can understand to a degree complying with outdated "house laws" as you would often socialise and date within the same set of people anyway.

But GDG is one of several pretenders to a throne that is extremely unlikely to be restored and doesn't have any large assets I don't think (please correct me if I'm wrong). Why have an arranged or semi arranged marriage in this case? What would be in it for her as her family seem to have a lot more going on? He'd still been able to show up to many of the other "defunct royals of Europe" events and do quasi-quasi tours and engagements in any case.

Again this is assuming there is even the slightest bit of truth in this.
The reason why Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna wants an equal marriage for her son is because the claim of her branch on the leadership of the Imperial House rests on them being the last dynasts remaining. In their view, which is in accordance with the Pauline laws of succession, all other descendants of the family are not members of the Imperial House because of them being descendants of princess and grand dukes who married against the terms of the law of succession. Should Grand Duke Georgi marry a non-royal the result would be that their claim rests on an even shakier ground than it already is.
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 11-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 331
Thank you that's interesting. Yes I knew it was to do with their dynastic claim, but at this point is it really worth it if her son is against it? It's highly unlikely there will be a restoration in either of their lifetimes and it won't come from scouring the "best" claim based on dubious archaic laws if it ever did happen. That would be the government installing whatever puppet monarchy suited their purposes.

Extremely shaky claims that get shakier don't stop others from doing most of what GDG does publicly.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 11-08-2019, 05:08 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The reason why Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna wants an equal marriage for her son is because the claim of her branch on the leadership of the Imperial House rests on them being the last dynasts remaining. In their view, which is in accordance with the Pauline laws of succession, all other descendants of the family are not members of the Imperial House because of them being descendants of princess and grand dukes who married against the terms of the law of succession. Should Grand Duke Georgi marry a non-royal the result would be that their claim rests on an even shakier ground than it already is.



Could also be that she wants an arranged marriage and after 1 or more a sons are born there will be a divorce.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 11-08-2019, 06:24 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Could also be that she wants an arranged marriage and after 1 or more a sons are born there will be a divorce.
That would be something she was familiar with...
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 11-08-2019, 07:38 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Thank you that's interesting. Yes I knew it was to do with their dynastic claim, but at this point is it really worth it if her son is against it? It's highly unlikely there will be a restoration in either of their lifetimes and it won't come from scouring the "best" claim based on dubious archaic laws if it ever did happen. That would be the government installing whatever puppet monarchy suited their purposes.

Extremely shaky claims that get shakier don't stop others from doing most of what GDG does publicly.

It is not necessarily about a restoration. That is a longtime prospect. It is about the headship of the House.

In Romania, Serbia, Portugal and even France or Germany we can see that the head of the former Royal House has a semi-official (in Romania even an official) position in the state.

For an example, the Freistaat Bayern still pays some 13-14 million Euro per year to the former royal family of Bavaria via the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds which manages the estates, palaces, castles, the art collection and other properties as well capital of the former royal family.

For an example, the Republic of Romania has returned several estates, palaces, castles, etc. to the former royal family and even pays for the public function of the head of the former royal family.

For an example, in the Republic of Portugal the head of the former royal family has an arrangement with the state and is also part of official representative events.

That is why "the headship of a royal house" can be a matter of importance. And as Maria Vladimirovna Romanova's claim rests on the fact that her ancestry has remained royally blue-blooded, she is of course keen to see that continued. By the way: I see this whole rumour about enforced marriages as just gossip.


Georg Prinz von Preussen / "Georgi Michailovitch Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia"

PARENTS
Franz Wilhelm Prinz von Preussen
Maria Vladimirovna Romanova, Grand-Princess of Russia

GRANDPARENTS
Karl Franz Joseph Prinz von Preussen
Henriette Prinzessin von Schoenaich-Carolath
Vladimir Kirillovich Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia
Princess Leonida Georgievna Bagration-Mukhraneli

GREAT GRANDPARENTS
Joachim Prinz von Preussen
Marie Auguste Prinzessin von Anhalt
Johann Georg Prinz von Schoenaich-Carolath
Hermine Prinzessin Reuss (later Kaiserin Hermine)
Kirill Vladimirovich Romanov, Grand-Prince of Russia
Viktoria Melita Prinzessin von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha
Prince Giorgi Alexandrovich Bagration-Mukhraneli
Helena Sigismundovna of the clan Złotnicka h. Nowina
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 11-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 1,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is not necessarily about a restoration. That is a longtime prospect. It is about the headship of the House.

In Romania, Serbia, Portugal and even France or Germany we can see that the head of the former Royal House has a semi-official (in Romania even an official) position in the state.

For an example, the Freistaat Bayern still pays some 13-14 million Euro per year to the former royal family of Bavaria via the Wittelsbacher Ausgleichfonds which manages the estates, palaces, castles, the art collection and other properties as well capital of the former royal family.

For an example, the Republic of Romania has returned several estates, palaces, castles, etc. to the former royal family and even pays for the public function of the head of the former royal family.

For an example, in the Republic of Portugal the head of the former royal family has an arrangement with the state and is also part of official representative events.

That is why "the headship of a royal house" can be a matter of importance. And as Maria Vladimirovna Romanova's claim rests on the fact that her ancestry has remained royally blue-blooded, she is of course keen to see that continued. By the way: I see this whole rumour about enforced marriages as just gossip.
But would the prospects of a future republican government of Russia installing the Romanovs into a semi-official position really be reduced if Georgi married in violation of the former Empire's laws?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: June 2008- Marengo The Imperial Family of Russia 744 06-29-2019 05:10 AM
Grand Duke Guillaume IV (1852-1912) and Maria Ana of Portugal (1861–1942) Marengo Luxembourg and Nassau Royal History 4 01-30-2016 11:29 PM
Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 6 March 2008 - May 2014 kwanfan Current Events Archive 469 05-12-2014 01:11 AM
Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 4: February - June 2006 Alexandria Current Events Archive 196 06-04-2006 03:14 AM




Popular Tags
administrator aristocracy belgian royal belgian royal family chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke of sussex dutch history family search french royalty future wife of prince hussein general news germany headship henry v house of bernadotte house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau jerusalem jumma kiko king philippe letter lithuania lithuanian palaces marriage mbs meghan markle monaco royal monarchist monarchy monogram mountbatten naples nelson mandela bay nobel prize norwegian royal family official visit pakistan potential areas prince charles prince daniel prince harry princely family of monaco princess benedikte qe2 queen mathilde queen paola rania of jordan romanov family rown savoy shakespeare south korea spanish royal state visit sweden swedish history united kingdom usa valois visit from sweden windy city


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×