Grand Duke Georgi, son and heir of Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna (2008-Oct. 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is doing more than his Mother, the Head of the House !

I still don't understand the point, monarchy will never be restored in Russia, and most of the population hate the Romanoffs, and I wonder why he so Invested into being recognized as an heir to the throne that will never be

I still don't understand the point, monarchy will never be restored in Russia, and most of the population hate the Romanoffs, and I wonder why he so Invested into being recognized as an heir to the throne that will never be
Grand Duke Georgi and his mother Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna aren't working for the return of the monarchy. Instead they sees their mission as preserving to the historic legacy of the Imperial House as a symbol of Russia.
"Many mistakenly believe that the Head of the Imperial House is the “pretender to the throne.” In point of fact, this is absolutely not the case."
"But we do not desire to force ourselves on the nation, we do not participate in any political activities whatsoever, and we do not have pretensions to anything."
"We strive to help the President and government, the Church, the other traditional religious confessions in the nation, and various civic groups to revivethe nation’s historic traditions and to develop these traditions in ways that fit the circumstances of the modern world we live in."

Quotes by Maria Vladimirovna taken from the attached interview below
http://www.imperialhouse.ru/en/allnews-en/news/3496.html

May I ask, what the fact based underlying for your assessment is?

I was born in Russia, moved to the USA 1975, the entire school program in Russia is very anti monarchy, that's what they teach, Stalin was the new Tsar and now Putin.

I was born in Russia, moved to the USA 1975, the entire school program in Russia is very anti monarchy, that's what they teach, Stalin was the new Tsar and now Putin.

Things in Russia have changed immensely since 1975. Do you have contact with people who currently live there and have you asked them about this? Just curious....

Things in Russia have changed immensely since 1975. Do you have contact with people who currently live there and have you asked them about this? Just curious....

Well, my friends don't really follow royalty, but from the television programs and interviews, I find that the majority of the population blame the Tsar for the defeat in World War I, and ascension of the Bolsheviks. They do feel sorry for the children of the Tsar but not for him or the Empress. Rasputin is especially hated. It's ironic, but they hate the Tsar for sort of betraying his own people, millions were lot in the Great War for nothing, and then the civil war started, and again, millions lost, and then the Great Terror of the Bolsheviks. The people think, that Russia could have been a decent country if not for the incompetency of Nicholas II

Last edited:
I honestly think that this marriage by Emperor Nicholas I’s rules is gonna screw up the Imperial Throne even more.

So they invited about 1000 people, about 800 of them Europeans. And Rebecca said that they received more confirmations than they initially expected, so it is going to be a big wedding!

After the wedding ceremony in the Isaac Cathedral they will host a gala dinner in one of the old palaces (she doesn't disclose which one). I think they will set a white tie dress code with loads of tiaras to come out of the various vaults. (But she doesn't talk about the dress code, so that's just my guess.)

Btw, she said that the the ceremony will probably be televised.:D

800-1000 guests are a lot despite vaccinations yet as Tilia C reiterated, Rebecca did say confirmations were more than initially expected. I'm interested to see which Royals attend the wedding despite Grand Duke George's pedigree. The Romanovs haven't ruled Russia since 1917.

Who doesn't love a Royal wedding, though!? :D Even if a live feed of the wedding isn't offered here in the US it will be fun to watch a video and view photos of the 3 day celebrations!

Noblesse & Royautés have pictures of the
Lacis de Chaumet tiara Rebecca will wear and of St. Isaac's Cathedral in St. Petersburg where the wedding will take place this Oct 1, 2021.
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/q...age-de-george-de-russie-et-rebecca-bettarini/

Last edited:
Who is the minister who will marry Grand Duke Georgi and Rebecca?

I won't hold my expectation too high, these 800-1000 guests probably included many non-royals as Rebecca had mentioned that they invited a lot of bloggers in a conversation (....or precisely an argument :rolleyes:) with some royal page on IG, which gives me a feeling that they might invite many non-royals such as bloggers/reporters/correspondents/influencers/celebrities in order to increase the exposure :whistling:.

So they invited about 1000 people, about 800 of them Europeans. And Rebecca said that they received more confirmations than they initially expected, so it is going to be a big wedding!

After the wedding ceremony in the Isaac Cathedral they will host a gala dinner in one of the old palaces (she doesn't disclose which one). I think they will set a white tie dress code with loads of tiaras to come out of the various vaults. (But she doesn't talk about the dress code, so that's just my guess.)

Btw, she said that the the ceremony will probably be televised.:D

I assume she meant for streaming? Televised is a lot for the disputed heir of a house that hasn't ruled in a century.

It will definitely be interesting to see how this unfolds. We're getting a lot of info from the couple, more than we normally get from non reigning houses. I do think both like the coverage since we got PDV publicising choosing the tiara. But that's their choice.

I assume she meant for streaming? Televised is a lot for the disputed heir of a house that hasn't ruled in a century.

The marriage of our Georg-Friedrich von Hohenzollern and his Sophie was on TV too!

Plus: We have over 100 chanels on free TV in Germany... - and they all need fresh content, or even more will "cut the cord" for good.

And this will not be different in Russia...

The marriage of our Georg-Friedrich von Hohenzollern and his Sophie was on TV too!

Plus: We have over 100 chanels on free TV in Germany... - and they all need fresh content, or even more will "cut the cord" for good.

And this will not be different in Russia...

There are a lot of free TV channels in the UK too but even Eugenie having a televised wedding raised eyebrows, even though it did get good ratings. I'm just trying to think of aristocratic or celebrity weddings that were televised that weren't already part of a reality TV show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually curious about this wedding and would watch it if there was a feed, I'm just surprised there's much interest beyond royal watchers.

GD Georgi and Rebecca attend at an event in favour of the Wallah We Can Foundationin in Tunisia

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5InBN1WEAAAhMt?format=png&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5IothiXEAEmFed?format=png&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5IoxO7WYAIlQl0?format=png&name=900x900

Among other guests
Princess Helene of Yugoslavia and her husband Stanislav, Prince and Princess Joachin Murat, Prince and Princess Stéphane Belosselsky-Belozersky, Countess Catherine de Limburg Stirum, Roberto Bettarini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom