Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: June 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maria Vladimirovna Romanova, Grand Duchess of Russia, is just echoing the opinion of the immense majority of the Russians: Crimea was, is and remains Russian. With this the pretender is nicely in line with her fellow citizens.

... IrkutskMedia.ru has some nice pictures of the visit of Her Imperial Highness, the August and Pious Lady, Maria Vladimirovna, Grand Duchess of Russia, Head of the Imperial House of Russia, to Ulan-Ude and Irkutsk. It looks like she's enjoying herself.
Who can resist a splash of colour? Too good to pass up, so for the record...

v The Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna in Ulan-Ude, Republic of Buryatia, Russia (just north of Mongolia)
The thumbnail images form cropped portions of larger photographs.

Attachments

• G Dchess Maria Vladimirovna Ulan-Ude 201407 1.jpg
    G Dchess Maria Vladimirovna Ulan-Ude 201407 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 9,345
  • G Dchess Maria Vladimirovna Ulan-Ude 201407 2.jpg
    G Dchess Maria Vladimirovna Ulan-Ude 201407 2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 4,255
  • G Dchess Maria Vladimirovna Ulan-Ude 201407 3.jpg
    G Dchess Maria Vladimirovna Ulan-Ude 201407 3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,936
I have to admire her flamboyancy. She does have an admirable zest for life.

Who can resist a splash of colour? Too good to pass up, so for the record...

v The Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna in Ulan-Ude, Republic of Buryatia, Russia (just north of Mongolia)

Thank you for posting those Warren and that last one? I think that's the best picture I have ever seen of the Grand Duchess. All the other ones I've seen were from formal/Gala events and the vivid eyeshadow colours she uses...Well...It doesn't do her any favours at all and I'll leave it at that. Here though, her makeup is perfect for a Daytime event and shows what a truly striking woman she is.

Thanks again to you and also Chubb Fudder for originally finding and sharing. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

In 1891 the Tsesarevich Nicholas visited Irkutsk. An Арки Цесаревича (Tsesarevich Arch) was built to honour the imperial visit. It was destroyed during the revolution. Last year, to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the House of Romanov, plans were announced to restore the arch.

Spass_cerkov_1899.jpg

The Tsesarevich Arch can be seen to the left of the Church of Our Saviour.

At the end of her visit to Irkutsk, Grand Duchess Maria visited the site of the arch.

Grand Duchess Maria Romanova in Irkutsk

Tsesarevich Arch Memorial Opens in Irkutsk - Photo Gallery

It looks like the visit has been quite a success. I've enjoyed seeing the pictures of Irkutsk and Ulan-Ude. It's made me want to have another trip on the Trans-Mongolian and Trans-Siberian railway. It would be interesting to see how much has changed since 1993.

:previous:
a couple of thumbnails...

Unveiling of the foundation stone of the Tsarevich Nicholas Memorial Arch, Irkutsk July 2014

v The Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna in less exotic and colourful company
model of the Tsarevich Nicholas Memorial Arch

Attachments

• The Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna Irkutsk 201407.jpg
    The Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna Irkutsk 201407.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,631
  • Model of the Tsarevich Nicholas memorial Arch, Irkutsk.jpg
    Model of the Tsarevich Nicholas memorial Arch, Irkutsk.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 626
Official Visit to Australia 2007

I've been going through some of my folders of links and came across this account of Grand Duchess Maria's official visit to Australia in 2007. I did a quick search and it does not appear to have been posted before, so here it is. It's in Russian, but there is an English summary at the end. There are also photos of all the official invitations to many of the Grand Duchess's engagements.

I only found out the Grand Duchess had been in town the day after she left. I was a bit miffed as I could have ducked out of work to see her when she visited the Lord Mayor of Melbourne. I hope someone at the Town Hall showed the Grand Duchess the building's foundation stone. it was laid by her great-grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, in 1867.

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirova comes from the most senior Romanov line, where two marriages maybe are open for discussion about yes or no being strictly Ebenbürtig (the two marriages involving Princess Victoria Melita of Edinburgh and Princess Leonida Georgievna Bagration-Moukhranskaya) but in comparison with the other lines, Maria Vladimirovna's line undoubtedly comes the closest in meeting the requirements.

What I admire too is her visibility and her energy. Until the end of the USSR, it were Maria Vladimirovna and her parents who were unstoppable in their energy, zest and commitment for the tsarist cause. They remained visible. Only after the fall of the USSR, other Romanovs popped up and demanded their own place under the sun.

Yes, I definitely regard Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna as chef de la famille.

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirova comes from the most senior Romanov line, where two marriages maybe are open for discussion about yes or no being strictly Ebenbürtig (the two marriages involving Princess Victoria Melita of Edinburgh and Princess Leonida Georgievna Bagration-Moukhranskaya) but in comparison with the other lines, Maria Vladimirovna's line undoubtedly comes the closest in meeting the requirements.

What I admire too is her visibility and her energy. Until the end of the USSR, it were Maria Vladimirovna and her parents who were unstoppable in their energy, zest and commitment for the tsarist cause. They remained visible. Only after the fall of the USSR, other Romanovs popped up and demanded their own place under the sun.

Yes, I definitely regard Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna as chef de la famille.

In equal birth Victoria Melita was not a problem. Her father was the Duke of Edinburgh, Alfred, and he was the second son of Queen Victoria. He was married to Grand Duchess Marie, the surviving daughter of Tsar Alexander II. That she had divorced her first husband the Grand Duke of Hesse and By Rhine, might present a problem, but not, today. The other woman who was the mother of Grand Duchess Maria of today, was more like less than equal.

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2570553.html

The above link contains an update on Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna's activities. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna is planning to visit Uzbekistan in November (3-15). She is said to visit Urgench, Khiva, Samarkand, Kogon, and Bukhara.

In preparation for the forthcoming visit, Mr Kirill Nemirovich-Danchenko held a press conference on 31 October 2014. He stated that the Russian reigning dynasty is related to Prophet Muhammad, which is recognised by the Muslim world. Additionally, Mr Nemirovich-Danchenko said that Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna is King David's descendant through her mother's family.

http://www.imperialhouse.ru/rus/imperialhouse/office/office6/1363.html
The above link contains information about Mr Kirill Kirillovich Nemirovich-Danchenko.

Last edited:
An interview with Alexander Zakatov, Director of the Chancellery of the Imperial House of Russia, about the Second World War and the House of Romanov, on the anniversary of the 70th anniversary of the end of the Great Patriotic War. It concludes with a statement by Grand Duchess Maria (complete with the usual assurance that the original is signed by Her Imperial Highness).

In conjunction with the Orthodox Church, the Imperial House has tentatively accepted the results of the DNA tests on the remains of Emperor Nicholas II, Empress Alexandra and their children.

Interfax-Religion

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and Grand Duke George visited Crimea. Maria Vladimirovna unveiled the statue of Tzar Nicolas II in Yevpatoria.

**Pic1** **Pic2**

Cousins...

Well, Emperor Willy II and Emperor Nicky II were cousins too (once removed). Hopefully this story between Georg Friedrich and Maria has a better ending!

Prince Georg 's Grand Mother was the Sister of Grand Duchess Maria 's Father .
Their relationship was always warm.

Prince Georg 's Grand Mother was the Sister of Grand Duchess Maria 's Father .
Their relationship was always warm.

And her former husband is a second cousin of Prince Georg Friedrich's father so he and Georgi are third cousins.

Last edited:
Thanks Stefan,
Is Georgi also Prince of Prussia through his Father?

Back
Top Bottom