Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna: June 2008-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On a different note, it would be deemed good for Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna to shed some weight.

Perhaps, but the chances are slim since the body type of the Grand Duchess does not seem to have changed much since about the time her son was born. It also must be considered that the women in Maria Vladimirovna's family tend to be matronly in their later years (judging from her paternal aunts, her half-sister, her mother, her maternal grandmother, etc).

In my opinion, it would be better if Grand Duke George would take such an initiative, seeing as how the continuity of the dynasty rests on his shoulders at this point.

AS the Duchess of Windsor said, "Can't be too rich or too thin." Or something to that effect. Good luck, I wish I could drop about 15 pounds.

Hey, my 500TH POST!

I wish I understood Russian so I could answer your question, Dear Russo. From her facial expressions, it certain appears, at least to me, that this was her first visit. It must have been a surreal experience to walk where your ancestors once lived and ruled a country.
You wonder if she were told stories by her father and grandfather about the palaces and if they were running around in her head as she walked the rooms. Wow. . .

Maria Vladimirovna has the authority to establish a royal order? Where does she get the authority or is it automatically the right of the of the head of the Russian Imperial House to establish royal orders?

As Head of the Russian Imperial House, she has all the rights and duties of the Emperors of Russia. Including the creation of new awards.

For a disputed claimant, she's very good at networking on a global scale.

:previous:
You are quite right. I wonder what prompted Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna to meet Pope Benedict XVI. The visit may not be welcomed by the Russian Orthodox Church.

The visit took place to resolve the Russian Orthodox Church and agreed with its Foreign Ministry.

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna engaging into the shuttle diplomacy with Vatican ...It is an interesting choice on the part of the Russian Orthodox church, which has got able silver-tongued diplomats. It remains to be seen how long it will take for the parties to sign a peace treaty.

Last edited:
Could the Orthodox church ever forgive the Latins? If the Grand Duchess is sincere I wish her well, but the Vatican dilikes dealing with women.

BENEDICTO XVI RECIBE A LA GRAN DUQUESA MARÍA DE RUSIA
23 Dec 2010

Entre los pasados días 12 y 16 de diciembre, la Gran Duquesa María de Rusia y su hijo, el Gran Duque Cesarevitch Gueorgui Mijáilovich, realizaron una peregrinación a Italia, contando con la previa bendición del Patriarca de Moscú y de todas las Rusias, Kirill.

Full article: Monarquía Confidencial

Kommersant article about the papal audience - http://www.kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?DocsID=1559388&NodesID=7
English translation - Google Translate

Discussion about the visit on the ERMB - The European Royals Message Board: Grand Duchess Maria

As usual, Maria Vladimirovna participated in the annual El Rastrillo charity event that took place in November.

Article from the Spanish press with photo - El Rastrillo cosa de niños

Last edited:
As I am from Russia,I am glad to see that the actual Patriarch Kiril tries to be closer to Catholic Church and maybe in one day to change the styles,the contribution of Maria Vladimirovna is great in this context!

Lenin should not trample on the Orthodox sanctity, the House of Romanov believes
5 March 2011

Head of Russia's Romanov Imperial House Maria Vladimirovna favoured the idea to rebuild the memorial chapel to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the House of Romanov in Kostroma.

"I think the reconstruction of the memorial chapel will put the historical record straight and put an end to violations of Christians' religious feelings," the Great Duchess says in an answer to the letter from architect Yevgeny Yefremov.

Full article: Interfax

Grand Duchess Maria has been invited to and will attend the wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco in July.

I suppose Grand Duchess Maria attended also the funeral of Prince Rainier III.

Grand Duchess Maria has been invited to and will attend the wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco in July.
If that has been confirmed,it's great as she was not invited to the British Royal Wedding

I suppose Grand Duchess Maria attended also the funeral of Prince Rainier III.

I am not quite sure whether she did.

Her parents were guests at the wedding of Princess Caroline and Philippe Junot in 1978.

I suppose it is very important that the russian orthodox clergy is supporting Grand Duchess Maria.

It doesn't hurt and she has been diligent and genuine in supporting the role and traditions of the Orthodox faith as Head of the Imperial House.

All the members of the Imperial House of Romanov have always been very orthodox.

She certainly does have her son under her full control, no? She looks like a Harry Potter witch; or like Dolores Umbridge.

She certainly does have her son under her full control, no? She looks like a Harry Potter witch; or like Dolores Umbridge.

What she chose to wear is certainly not flattering. Your comparing her to Dolores Umbridge is quite funny. I imagine the book character looking like that, rather than like Emma Thompson who (I believe) portrayed her. :lol:

Just seeing her in that draped flowery outfit and slide on heels, she looks like a woman who should be in a Florida retirement home. As for Umbridge, she definately looks like the cartoon sketch and should have been casted instead of Emma Thompson.

Her son looks like a mafioso boss in training. I wonder if he frequently feels smothered by having to live with his mother all the time.

Back
Top Bottom