The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Russia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Aristocracy

after she was thrown out of the running by yeltson hmmm strange way to authiiac something after u send out letters asking people come to the furneral of your predscuasor then say its not them when things dont go just right just saying

Old 07-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell View Post
after she was thrown out of the running by yeltson hmmm strange way to authiiac something after u send out letters asking people come to the furneral of your predscuasor then say its not them when things dont go just right just saying
Kell, could you elaborate?

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

let me see in 1998 when after boris nemstov got booted out of the kremlin she was sending in the period before invites to all the heads of europe to invite them to her predcusors burial her son at this time was supposedly written by artclaies inculdeing a few posted here written in russian to be under considortion to be crowned following the burial as tsar and yeltson as the guardian of the throne after some uphevael by kremlin lawyers also she started denieing the bones right after it got dropped by yeltson that idea
hope that epxlains it
Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Courtier

I wonder what sort of mother-in-law she would make.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I wonder what sort of mother-in-law she would make.
I'd venture a one that is hard to please/get along with.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Courtier

I think that if Georgi's wife is 'good enough' for her, Maria would dote on her, as long as his wife doesn't dare have any views of her own, at least to Maria's face.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Too many prejudices against a Grand Duchess who is the symbol of Monarchy in nowadays Russia.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the good question will be if she is actually a symbol of monarchy for Russians,very sorry but she is a symbol for just a few people,the Russians do not like when someone is imposed to be considered their monarch.Of course,if Maria Vladimirovna makes some steps to be opener with people...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

She is a symbol for the monarchists in Russia...I mean for those who still respect the Ruules of the Imperial House.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

now in the thred name what is June 2008 - ?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Courtier

She has been unusually active, going to royal engagements and taking her son along, more and more, no? It might be because I am only recently beginning to pay attention to her, but she does seem to be more out and about than in the past.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
She is a symbol for the monarchists in Russia...I mean for those who still respect the Ruules of the Imperial House.
I consider that to be insulting. Meaning that if we don't consider her to be some kind of "symbol for monarchists," then we aren't respectful of the "Rules of the Imperial House?" Poppycock.

-------------

I have read recently that she has decided that if her son is to marry someone who doesn't meet the existing qualifications of an Imperial/Royal bride, then she will exercise her "powers" to change the rules. Yes, that's hypocritical.

I also remember that she was willing to have her son raised as essentially a ward of the Soviet state in return for his "rights" being recognized. Maria was going to hand her son over to the people who murdered much of the Romanov family. Now that Putin is in power - a hard-line Communist from before, no matter what he "professes" now - Maria appears more and more under his auspices. That's extremely distasteful and certainly doesn't raise her credibility.

I frankly don't think her son is all that interested in marrying, but I imagine that much in the way that the Duke of Braganza and Prince Johannes of Thurn und Taxis wed in later years, Georgy will find himself married. And since Maria has decided to change the rules that she so doggedly clung to, to "make her case" as the "only" proper heir, I can see her going on a fortune-hunt for him. A Marie-Chantal repeat would be what she may have in mind.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course she'll change the rules to suit her, just like her father changed the rules to suit him. And are ignoring the fact that there is no freakin Tsar to enforce any rules!
Anyway the woman is clearly a psycho and obsessed with herself. I've said it before and I'll say it again, my vote is for Rostislav. But I'm not Russian and Russia as a whole seems content with what they have now.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

She did not want compromises with the communists that's why she does not live yet in Russia.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Of course she'll change the rules to suit her, just like her father changed the rules to suit him. And are ignoring the fact that there is no freakin Tsar to enforce any rules!
Even if there were a Tsar to deal with, there would be no excuse to change the rules since the whole point of monarchy is that they are elitist and have subtantial rules to conform to.

Quote:
Anyway the woman is clearly a psycho and obsessed with herself. I've said it before and I'll say it again, my vote is for Rostislav. But I'm not Russian and Russia as a whole seems content with what they have now.
At the moment, she isn't following Pauline Law, since Pauline law is based on Salic Law, not just who specifically is next in line, male or female. So she is not Tsarina, at all, but just another Pretender.

Quote:
I also remember that she was willing to have her son raised as essentially a ward of the Soviet state in return for his "rights" being recognized. Maria was going to hand her son over to the people who murdered much of the Romanov family. Now that Putin is in power - a hard-line Communist from before, no matter what he "professes" now - Maria appears more and more under his auspices. That's extremely distasteful and certainly doesn't raise her credibility.
One thing I am more than sure of, is that Maria is dancing with the Devil in her dealings with Putin. She is in WAY over her head in her dealings with Putin and has no clue about how nasty this man and his cohorts are. They would gladly put them in place as puppets, get an heir or two out of Georgi and his wife, and then possibly assassinate the two and raise the kids in a brainwashed environment.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

She does what she could in her situation and she is treated with a lot of respect in all her trips in Russia.She is "Tsarina de iure" because the Rules of Succession accept a female to become Empress if there is no other male dynast.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Even if there were a Tsar to deal with, there would be no excuse to change the rules since the whole point of monarchy is that they are elitist and have subtantial rules to conform to.

At the moment, she isn't following Pauline Law, since Pauline law is based on Salic Law, not just who specifically is next in line, male or female. So she is not Tsarina, at all, but just another Pretender.

One thing I am more than sure of, is that Maria is dancing with the Devil in her dealings with Putin. She is in WAY over her head in her dealings with Putin and has no clue about how nasty this man and his cohorts are. They would gladly put them in place as puppets, get an heir or two out of Georgi and his wife, and then possibly assassinate the two and raise the kids in a brainwashed environment.
Putin and Maria Vladimirovna strike as people who will do whatever they want, because both are power-hungry. I have no doubt that if there was a Restoration, that Putin (or whoever was 'elected' at that point) would be the one running the show. I would not want to be in Georgii's (or his future family's) place in this scenario. It just doesn't sound like anything that would end well. Of course at this point the last thing Russia needs is a Tsar and another catastrophe that could be the result.

I'm learning a great deal from your postings, by the way. Thanks for your contributions.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

Putin and Maria Vladimirovna strike as people who will do whatever they want, because both are power-hungry. I have no doubt that if there was a Restoration, that Putin (or whoever was 'elected' at that point) would be the one running the show. I would not want to be in Georgii's (or his future family's) place in this scenario. It just doesn't sound like anything that would end well. Of course at this point the last thing Russia needs is a Tsar and another catastrophe that could be the result.

I'm learning a great deal from your postings, by the way. Thanks for your contributions.
Ditto. I'm rather enjoying this debate.

It seems that there would be a steep price to pay in a theoretical future involving a restoration. I wonder what Georgi wants in all of this? Would he be willing to pay- god forbid his life to end up on the throne only to have his heir being controlled by a puppet master ie Putin?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Courtier

Oh why thank you Daria. Anyway, an official restoration as most monarchies are these days is impractical and impossible. Maria is quite like Cyril when it comes to being utterly power hungry and determined to do anything (no matter how low) to get a position.

Quote:
She did not want compromises with the communists that's why she does not live yet in Russia.
Then what is she doing right now?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ok Just throwing this out there, how much money do these Romanovs have? Either Maria, Nicholas (or is his name Nikolai) Rostislav etc. Power in the 21st century = money, not claiming to be a pretender to an ancient throne that had like 50% of their tsars murdered.

Tags
bagration, grand duchess maria vladimirovna, grand duke georgi, grand duke vladimir, leonida, maria vladimirovna, prince nicholas romanov, romanov claimant, russian pretender