Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna and other claimants to the Throne 2: Oct '06-Jun '08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]The Russian Orthodox Church does recognize Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna as the de-jure Tsarina of All Russias because she is highly unlikely to become the royal figurehead of the Russian Federation. If a strong Russian leader wished to restore monarchy and introduced some other Prince of the blood, the Russian Church would attune their views to fit circumstances. That is why Maria Vladimirovna showed some support for extending the tenure of President Putin (see post #83 in the thread “Does Russia really need Monarchy?”). [/FONT]

INTERFAX:

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna pledges to seek Imperial Family rehabilitation

Moscow, January 2, Interfax - Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, the head of the Russian Imperial Family, has pledged to continue seeking the rehabilitation of the imperial family in her home country, and said she will not hurry to turn to international courts.
"I will continue seeking the rehabilitation of my relatives until justice triumphs. But I will only do so in my homeland. I could ask international courts to provide a legal assessment of the procedural violations of my rights, regrettably committed by the Russian judiciary, and I will decide in due time whether or not I will. But the imperial family and my other relatives must be rehabilitated precisely in Russia," Maria Vladimirovna said in an interview with Interfax.
She said "prominent European and American lawyers" had informed her that, "this case could have good prospects if referred to international courts." "I told all of them it would be just senseless to use external pressure in handling this deeply Russian issue," she said
"The denial of rehabilitation to the imperial martyrs is, of course, a political, not law-based decision. There is no doubt that the imperial family and all other executed members of the Imperial House must be rehabilitated in accordance with the law," Maria Vladimirovna also said.
"Certain political forces, nostalgic about the totalitarian past and still nursing the dream of revenge, could stand behind the denial of rehabilitation," she went on to say.
"We must try to save all the good created in the Soviet period. But crimes must be officially condemned, or we'll have no guarantees that terror will not be repeated," Maria Vladimirovna said.
http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=4127

Happy New Year, Al Bina and all people here!
Boris

The other Romanovs are unquestionably descendants of morganatic marriages, some of whom did not seek permission to marry from Grand Duke Cyril or Grand Duke Vladimir.
It was the faction. All the Michalioviches (sic) weren't thrilled when Cyril declared himself Tsar, or head of household after the revolution. I don't think the Nicoliviches (sic) were happy about it either.

It was the faction. All the Michalioviches (sic) weren't thrilled when Cyril declared himself Tsar, or head of household after the revolution. I don't think the Nicoliviches (sic) were happy about it either.

True, but regardless, Cyril was the rightful successor after the deaths of Nicholas II, The Tsarevitch and Grand Duke Michael under the Pauline Law.

After his death, the headship passed to Vladimir, who survived his male cousins who were dynasts. The question then becomes whether Maria took precedence as a female compared to male descendants of other dynasts who were not in the senior lines.

The consensus is she does and this is recognized by the Russian Orthodox Church, the Government and most royal houses.

Yes, MOST Royal houses such as in Massie's book "The Romanovs: The Final Chapter" he said HM recognized Nicholas as the head of the family and not Maria.

Yes, MOST Royal houses such as in Massie's book "The Romanovs: The Final Chapter" he said HM recognized Nicholas as the head of the family and not Maria.

He said (and this was second-hand, not something he witnessed personally) that she stood when she saw Nicholas coming at a function in London in which she was present. That doesn't mean The Queen recognizes him as the Head of the Imperial House, which is a sensitive diplomatic issue to Russia which she could never do without the advice of The Prime Minister.

Other sources have stated The Queen privately accepts Maria as the rightful heir. After all, Maria is Queen Victoria's great-great granddaughter through Victoria Melita, a princess of Great Britain and Ireland and daughter of Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh and Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrova of Russia.

Last edited:
Queen Victoria (Granny) was related to EVERYBODY. She spread her seed far and wide. . . .

Why does everyone keep asserting this ones name, when, apart from being a morganatic scion of the Romanovs, he is not even the first in line among the morganatic princes. If anyone among them must have the strongest claim, then its none other than Prince Dmitri Romanoff-Ilyinsky.

Why does everyone keep asserting this ones name, when, apart from being a morganatic scion of the Romanovs, he is not even the first in line among the morganatic princes. If anyone among them must have the strongest claim, then its none other than Prince Dmitri Romanoff-Ilyinsky.

Nicholas has no claim to the throne and is not a dynast under any interpretation of the Pauline Law. While it's true Dimitri Ilyinsky is the senior line male morganaut as the son of Paul Ilyinsky, he is also an American citizen and carries no titles of nobility.

There are no viable contenders other than Maria and George.

Dmitry Romanov-Ilyinsky GOT his title from the Vladimiriches. Dmitry Pavlovich married Audrey Emery, an American Heiress. NO ROYAL BLOOD whatsoever in her veins. Maria has more blue blood than Dmitry Ilyinsky would ever possess.

I think this line will be played out rather soon, myself.

After Georgy, who?

I'm sure Maria has a list of eligible girls for her son to marry....

I'm sure she does

I don't doubt that she does, BeatrixFan.

Who would come after Georgy in the Head of Household role, should he not, er, reproduce.

I don't doubt that she does, BeatrixFan.

Who would come after Georgy in the Head of Household role, should he not, er, reproduce.
Or would Maria pull an Elizabeth II and set the wife up with somebody like Elizabeth II did with Catherine the Great? :D

I think this line will be played out rather soon, myself.

After Georgy, who?

If George has no survivors, the succession would pass through Vladimir's sister, Grand Duchess Kira, to her grandson, Georg-Friedrich, Head of the House of Hohenzollern.

Now the romantic side of me wants that to happen because it sounds so glamorous but wouldn't that mean an end to the Romanov dynasty as the Russian heirs?

Now the romantic side of me wants that to happen because it sounds so glamorous but wouldn't that mean an end to the Romanov dynasty as the Russian heirs?

Yes, although in reality, it probably will end with Maria's death since her son, George, has a very low profile and hasn't been seen as taking on his mother's mantle with the Church or the Government.

There is also the issue of George's German heritage. Even though he was raised as an Orthodox Romanov and is fluent in Russian, he is a Hohenzollern as the son of Prince Michael of Prussia. I cannot imagine the Russian Government or the people would be happy to embrace a Hohenzollern as Tsar after the memory of World War I and II.

It is possible that Grand Duke has got more interesting things to do than to “[take] on his mother's mantle with the Church or the Government” (brahcng, 2007).

Nicholas has no claim to the throne and is not a dynast under any interpretation of the Pauline Law. While it's true Dimitri Ilyinsky is the senior line male morganaut as the son of Paul Ilyinsky, he is also an American citizen and carries no titles of nobility.

There are no viable contenders other than Maria and George.
Exactly my point. I fully support Maria and George's claim. I was just stating that if anyone of the morganauts were to make a claim, it would be Dmitri. However, they do not have any right to claim at all, least of all Nicholas.

She is big but it actually suits her. She seems to dress well for her size as well if that makes sense.

It does make sense. I have seen people do that and it actually makes them look smaller, but they look very chic. I have seen big people squeeze themselves into something small and it makes them look sloppy. I have seen mother's my age run around with crop tops and their belly button piercing sticking out and pig tails as well. . . . :eek:

I can't see Maria doing that to be honest. It's interesting that she's got a Yulia braid. And she had it before Ms T. I think it suits her.

If Grand Duchess happened to have the sense of style and some personality traits of the Ukrainian Prime Minister Timoshenko,the monarchy would have been restored in the Russian Federation. :)

HIH Grand Duchess Maria

Privet to all on the forum,

Greetings for the 08 year, for me l will be celebrating tommorrow that is Sunday for New Year, Old Style !.

Thankyou to Russophile for putting the photo of the HIH at the Melbourne shrine, l was the designer of the programme for that day, l can tell you honestly, Russians were heartfully crying on the day, the service to remember the Russian Anzacs.... well it was from the deepest depths of the heart, the weather was magnificent, it was grand to march on the day, we had the Old Imperial Flag, the Current and presidential flag as well, the Victorian Police Band, had played God Save the Tsar, luckily l had found them the sheet music, the secretary of the Russian Embassy and Ambassador recieved the Order of St Anne and were happy to recieve it as well as the Archbishop of Australia and New Zealand '' Hilarion ''.

For all those whom are argueing about succession here ia an approved document from the Russian Orthodox Church on Succession.

http://www.riuo.org/SUCCESSION_ENGLISH.pdf

Russian Imperial Order Austraila

Russian Ball

Îôèöèàëüíûé ñàéò Ðîññèéñêîãî Äâîðÿíñêîãî Ñîáðàíèÿ

The Tour was exceptional and very well recieved, the dinner in Melbourne was surperb and the HIH spoke in both perfect Russian and English, the Venue was packed to the edges. A complete success and the Russian community were thrilled !.

l can only say that the majority of Russians , HIH was recieved as the Head of the Dynasty and the community came out in great numbers, here is the news letter from the Russian Welfare Society which contains many photos of the HIH Grand Duchess Maria, they are in the October News letter on the Russian Welfare site, you will clearly see in one photo the Russian Federation Ambassador and the First Secretary with HIH in the middle, the Ambassador has the Order of St Anne First Class and 3rd class for the secretary.

Al bina, the HIH is a very caring and delightfull person, when you meet HIH , HIH exudes warmth and generous in spirit under dificult circumsatances, the politicians you refer to have much wealth and huge back up to appear flashy and smart in public. If l was to comment on you from a distance with out meeting you or talking personally to you , would that be fair ?.

HIH proved a marvellous communicator and genuine in warmth on the Australian tour, we were absolutely stunned at the HIH ability to be emapthetic and caring, a wonderfull concern for the disadvantaged as well, dont believe all you read in the media.

Greetings to all

Imperial Regards

Chancellor Russian Imperial Union Order Australia

http://russianwelfare.org.au/pdf/october_2007.pdf

Russian Welfare Society

If you go to the Orders web site to the media page on our Australian web site and click photos then double click the links there are plenty of photos, l love the photo of HIH with Princess Mary , do notice HIH is placed at the forefront by all the other royals in the group photos inside the Cathederal, HRH prince Micheal of England ect

Photos Media

Last edited:
http://www.riuo.org/SUCCESSION_ENGLISH.pdfAl bina, the HIH is a very caring and delightfull person, when you meet HIH , HIH exudes warmth and generous in spirit under difficult circumstances, the politicians you refer to have much wealth and huge back up to appear flashy and smart in public. If l was to comment on you from a distance with out meeting you or talking personally to you , would that be fair ?.
Privet to you, dear chancellor! Happy Old New Year!
I believe that I have a full right to express my opinion. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna may possess all these nice qualities described by you. Ms. Timoshenko may appear flashy and smart in public, yet she is a strong woman, who attains her goals. I believe that Ms. Timoshenko can exude warmth too. Finally, there is a huge difference between running the country and the Imperial house.

Regarding Politicians

Thank you Al bina,

I pray you have an excellent year !

This whole realm of Politics is so hard , the Poly in question had been guilty of betrayal previously, its interesting we rely so heavily on political figures, we need to look intrinsically and towards the word of God, in Orthodox Liturgy we find pearls of truth, instructions about living we are all fallible ! what can l say, you could describe the man of steel was strong but he instructed others to put Russ in hell ! l will sit on the fence about her.

Warmest Regards

Chancellor

Ðîññèéñêîå Ìîíàðõè÷åñêîå Äâèæåíèå - Monarhia.Ru you can put this URL in Babelfish to get a translation

Last edited:
Dear chancellor,
It has been most kind of you to provide the link related to Russian monarchy. I have found several interesting articles. By the way, I am very fluent in Russian. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom