Could Nicholas II have changed the Imperial Succession?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if he ever considered allowing Olga to inherit if Alexei died without heirs? Surely the family considered the possibility that Alexei would die young and therefore changing the laws of succession may have made the family breathe a little easier. But then, knowing that the crown may possibly go to Alexei might have made Nicholas try harder to conceal the truth and protect the throne for his son, no matter how misguided it was to conceal the truth about the heir's health.

Impossible. The tradition of the throne passing only to males was very strong and there were plenty of males available.

The Vladimirovitchs would never have stood for it. And as pusht as she was, the Grand Duchess would have had the support of the Nichalovitchs and the Michalovitchs.

didnt they trye to push for a marry and olga got creeped out

I remember reading something about Maria Pavlovna trying to get Boris and Olga married, but Alexandra refused. Understandably enough considering that he was 38 and she was 20 at the time. I don't think I would have wanted to marry either one of the Vladimirovitchs either :whistling:

It was age, but also the fact that Boris was basically sleeping aroudn with a ton of women. It might have been accepted for socialites, but Alexandra didn't want her daughter to put up with an adulterous husband.

It was age, but also the fact that Boris was basically sleeping aroudn with a ton of women. It might have been accepted for socialites, but Alexandra didn't want her daughter to put up with an adulterous husband.

I completely agree with you, it would have been something outrageous for the Imperial family

Back
Top Bottom