The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Russia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1121  
Old 07-10-2008, 01:19 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
Over one the AP, one of the two authors of FATE OF THE ROMANOVS, Penny Wilson gave us all kinds of information about a lot of things which surrounded AA. One of the goodies she produced for us was a copy of the photo which was in the newspapers which Wingender claimed she immediately knew was FS. Well, just like the description which ChatNoir has quoted that was given by the judge, the photo was nothing but a blob in the newspapers. So, the photo shown here, is NOT what readers of the newspaper saw.

Please AWF there is no need to keep twisting the facts to prove AA was not GD Anastasia. Your over zealous behavior muddies the waters. Your claim about this photo looking like this in the newspaper is just one example. It did not. It was a blob.

>>blob |bläb|
noun
a drop of a thick liquid or other viscous substance : blobs of paint.<<


As far as Bear is concern, AWF's over zealous campaign against AA is really counter productive for those of us who don't believed AA was GD Anastasia, especially when AWF makes claims that events were different than they were, like this newspaper blob. All of us, those who believe AA wasn't GD Anastasia and those who believe AA was GD Anastasia, need to correct her errors.

As I've often said, I don't care where the truth takes me, I'm just enjoying the journey.

AGRBear
__________________

__________________
"Truth ever lovely-- since the world began.
The foe of tyrants, and the friend of man."
  #1122  
Old 07-10-2008, 01:31 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna was Franziska View Post
...[in part]...
A few splinters? The man next to her was pulverized to pieces! She'd have gotten much more than splinters!
The AEG doctor's report tells us that FS did not receive any serious wounds.

Gertrude, nee S., Ellrich tells us herself that FS suffered just from headaches.

I would think she probably suffered a great deal of guilt and mental anguish. Afterall, she is the one who dropped the grenade which killed a man.

As for the man being "pulverized to pieces", I don't really think you know this is true. Obviously he suffered a fatal blow from the grenade FS dropped.

Also, FS was NOT working alone in this area. There were other workers around her and the man who died. I've never read or heard there was a report that anyone else was injured accept the man.

Your great imagination doesn't always ring true, AWF. And, it certainly doesn't provide us with additional facts from others. So, let's stick to what we know or don't know.

AGRBear
__________________

__________________
"Truth ever lovely-- since the world began.
The foe of tyrants, and the friend of man."
  #1123  
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 PM
PrinceOfCanada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 356
Quote:
Furtmayr demonstrated that every human face produces a clear and distinct "headprint" when lines are drawn to connect the bones, and he added that in his hundreds of studies he had never seen two of these "headprints" match unless the subjects were identical.
A few hundred is not statistically significant given the vast range of human phenotypes.
  #1124  
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRBear View Post
The AEG doctor's report tells us that FS did not receive any serious wounds.
Where is this report, bear? Can you show us proof? A link? An article? The only 'source' of this alleged report is ONE person's post on another message board. The report was not and has not been seen anywhere, and until it does, how do we even know it exists? Don't you think if it did, AA's lawyers would have found it and used it? Yet, all these decades after the trial is over and the trail is cold, after Berlin has been bombed badly in 2 WW's, you expect us to believe a report suddenly surfaces that no one ever found before? You are very critical of me and my posts, so I must ask that you please stop stating this as a fact until you can prove it. Until then, it's no more than a rumor and unsubstantiated claim.

Quote:
I would think she probably suffered a great deal of guilt and mental anguish. Afterall, she is the one who dropped the grenade which killed a man.
She may have, but we can only speculate.

Quote:
As for the man being "pulverized to pieces", I don't really think you know this is true. Obviously he suffered a fatal blow from the grenade FS dropped.
Robert K. Massie describes what we know of Franziska on page 249 of his book "The Romanovs: The Final Chapter"

In 1914, shortly before the outbreak of the First World War, Franziska, at age eighteen, left the Polish provinces for Berlin. She worked as a waitress, met a young man, and became engaged. Before she could marry, her fiance was called up for military service. Franziska began working in a munitions factory. In 1916, the young man was killed on the western front. Soon afterward, Franziska let a grenade slip from her hands on the assembly line. It exploded nearby, inflicting splinter wounds on her head and other parts of her body and eviscerating a foreman, who died before her eyes.

e·vis·cer·ate play_w2("E0255800") (-vs-rt)v. e·vis·cer·at·ed, e·vis·cer·at·ing, e·vis·cer·ates
v.tr.1. To remove the entrails of; disembowel.
2. To take away a vital or essential part of: a compromise that eviscerated the proposed bill.
3. Medicine a. To remove the contents of (an organ).
b. To remove an organ, such as an eye, from (a patient).


v.intr. Medicine To protrude through a wound or surgical incision.



Quote:
Also, FS was NOT working alone in this area. There were other workers around her and the man who died.
While we may assume so we really don't know for sure.

Quote:
I've never read or heard there was a report that anyone else was injured accept the man.
FS was hurt. See above.

Quote:
Your great imagination doesn't always ring true, AWF. And, it certainly doesn't provide us with additional facts from others. So, let's stick to what we know or don't know.
Your great imagination doesn't always ring true, AGR. And, it certainly doesn't provide us with additional facts from others. So, let's stick to what we know or don't know.
  #1125  
Old 07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
When Massie wrote his book, this is what he was told happen. Since then, new evidence was found by King and Wilson, who wrote the book FATE OF THE ROMANOVS.

NEW EVIDENCE.

Since I have no reason to doubt what they've told us on Alexander Palace, their own forum and on other forums, about this evidence, I will accept it. You can either accept it or not. This is your choice.

AGRBear
__________________
"Truth ever lovely-- since the world began.
The foe of tyrants, and the friend of man."
  #1126  
Old 07-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRBear View Post
So, the photo shown here, is NOT what readers of the newspaper saw.
Over on AP, FA posted the picture I posted, and said it was the one circulated in the newspapers of "Miss Unknown". It came from the collection of W.H. Hearst and only recently resurfaced.

Quote:
As far as Bear is concern, AWF's over zealous campaign against AA is really counter productive for those of us who don't believed AA was GD Anastasia, especially when AWF makes claims that events were different than they were, like this newspaper blob. All of us, those who believe AA wasn't GD Anastasia and those who believe AA was GD Anastasia, need to correct her errors.
Bear, your personal opinion of me is not important here. I could go on quite a bit about the 'over zealous' and rather odd posts and behavior of you, Chat, and a few others, but I don't because such personal jabs, and especially grudges carried over from other forums, are not welcome here.

Quote:
As I've often said, I don't care where the truth takes me, I'm just enjoying the journey.

AGRBear
You and Chat may both say this, but reality is that the truth has been found, and the journey is over. What you're doing is denying the truth, and still searching for a version which you prefer, or coming up with alternate endings that sound more interesting. That is not a journey to the truth, it's a wild goose chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRBear View Post
She, Chat, myself and others are here to give facts, sources which are important for everyone to realize that just because you don't believe the reports, testimonies and other facts doesn't make them go away.

AGRBear
I also post quotes and details, most with sources or pages, but your 'side' rejects them and/or finds a reason not to accept them.

It's also notable what qualifies as 'facts'. If a person posts a quote from a book, some may call it a 'fact'. However, just because something is said, written down, and later published in a book does NOT automatically qualify it as a 'fact.' If you accept that everything quoted by Chat is a 'fact' then you must also accept the things I quote as a 'fact.' This is impossible, since they are coming from two different views, opposite sides of the case, and contradict. Everything cannot be a 'fact.' What we have are PIECES OF EVIDENCE for consideration. All these quotes by this or that person do NOT qualify as 'facts.' It may be a 'fact' they said it, but that doesn't make what they said a 'fact.' That is the difference.

As Elspeth posted earlier to Chat:
Quote:
You know, throughout this discussion, you've been awfully fond of stating things as hard fact that aren't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRBear View Post
They exist and that is what makes AA such an interesting character study.
They may be, but this doesn't qualify them as 'facts.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRBear View Post
When Massie wrote his book, this is what he was told happen. Since then, new evidence was found by King and Wilson, who wrote the book FATE OF THE ROMANOVS.

NEW EVIDENCE.

Since I have no reason to doubt what they've told us on Alexander Palace, their own forum and on other forums, about this evidence, I will accept it. You can either accept it or not. This is your choice.

AGRBear
Until it can be produced and proven, validated and shown as existing, it's no more than a post on a message board and an unsubstantiated rumor.

What if I told you I had found 'new evidence' would you believe me without proof? Of course not.Unless it's proven, it should not be stated as a fact in our list of verified evidence.
  #1127  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
Massie: >>It exploded nearby, inflicting splinter wounds on her head and other parts of her body and eviscerating a foreman, who died before her eyes.<<

I had forgotten that Massie had told us that the foreman was "eviscertated".

Thanks for the source and the page.

AGRBear
__________________
"Truth ever lovely-- since the world began.
The foe of tyrants, and the friend of man."
  #1128  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
Quote:
Please elaborate.
I have posted it before, and it's on my site. I'll take it over to the DNA thread where it belongs.
  #1129  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:36 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna was Franziska View Post
Over on AP, FA posted the picture I posted, and said it was the one circulated in the newspapers of "Miss Unknown". It came from the collection of W.H. Hearst and only recently resurfaced.
As I have explained, this photo as you see it was not how it looked in the newspaper in Germany. It was a blob. Surly, you are not calling the judge a lier?

Quote:
Bear, your personal opinion of me is not important here. I could go on quite a bit about the 'over zealous' and rather odd posts and behavior of you, Chat, and a few others, but I don't because such personal jabs, and especially grudges carried over from other forums, are not welcome here.
Your not going to make personal jabs. Was this before or after my "odd posts and behavior" was noted by you?

Quote:
You and Chat may both say this, but reality is that the truth has been found, and the journey is over. What you're doing is denying the truth, and still searching for a version which you prefer, or coming up with alternate endings that sound more interesting. That is not a journey to the truth, it's a wild goose chase.
Since both you and I believe AA was not GD Anastasia, why are you telling everyone I have an alternate ending???

This just doesn't make sense. Please rephrase.



Quote:
I also post quotes and details, most with sources or pages, but your 'side' rejects them and/or finds a reason not to accept them.

It's also notable what qualifies as 'facts'. If a person posts a quote from a book, some may call it a 'fact'. However, just because something is said, written down, and later published in a book does NOT automatically qualify it as a 'fact.' If you accept that everything quoted by Chat is a 'fact' then you must also accept the things I quote as a 'fact.' This is impossible, since they are coming from two different views, opposite sides of the case, and contradict. Everything cannot be a 'fact.' What we have are PIECES OF EVIDENCE for consideration. All these quotes by this or that person do NOT qualify as 'facts.' It may be a 'fact' they said it, but that doesn't make what they said a 'fact.' That is the difference.

As Elspeth posted earlier to Chat:


They may be, but this doesn't qualify them as 'facts.'



Until it can be produced and proven, validated and shown as existing, it's no more than a post on a message board and an unsubstantiated rumor.

What if I told you I had found 'new evidence' would you believe me without proof? Of course not.Unless it's proven, it should not be stated as a fact in our list of verified evidence.
Since I have no idea who you are, and, I do know how highly reguarded King and Wilson are regarded on their knowledge of the Romanovs, I think I'll take them at their word until proven otherwise. The fact is: What they've stated. They've said they have seen the doctor's report. And, this is what I've always said. I would suggest that you read their book before making these kinds of statements.

AGRBear
__________________
"Truth ever lovely-- since the world began.
The foe of tyrants, and the friend of man."
  #1130  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
Bear: a post on a message board is not proof. You have told me time and time again that something must be backed up by a valid and proven source. You have not done this.

You may be trying to get me to say I don't believe it because of who said it. I wouldn't accept it no matter who said it, if they refuse to produce a copy and become indignant when asked for further proof. I want to see it, and have it validated by more people. You seem very critical and suspicious of the DNA testing being done in Russia now, and seem to doubt what many experts and officials have told us about the remains, yet you accept one person's word on a message board? Is this selective?

In my post where I try to explain the difference between 'facts' and 'evidence for consideration' refers to ALL the quotes given by this or that person over the years in the AA case and has nothing to do with the one alleged report. That is not even evidence for consideration, since it has not been proven to exist.

Also, Bear: I have been very careful not to mention names or drag messes from other boards over here. It seems to me from a few of the posts here that you and another person are determined to bait me into saying something against you-know-who so the whole mess can be dragged over here, and all your cronies can join in and start bashing me. NONE of this has anything to do with our discussion here and is not necessary to even mention, that is, unless you're hoping for trouble. Please, let's stick to AA and leave all the personal feelings and past history between us, and others, out of it.
  #1131  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 797
Funny that FS's family are totally discarded by AWF as witnesses when it comes to FS being wounded. As far as I know, FS's mother, sister and brother all stated that FS received no injuries in the explosion. Felix even signed a statement confirming this. And even if Berenberg Gossler had found the medical report from the A.E.G., I doubt it would have done him any good in Hamburg.
  #1132  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:42 PM
AGRBear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, United States
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna was Franziska View Post
... [ in part]....

Your great imagination doesn't always ring true, AGR. And, it certainly doesn't provide us with additional facts from others. So, let's stick to what we know or don't know.
It's true, one's imagination doesn't always ring true. Just as our imaginations do not provide additional faces.

I'm glad you agree, "Let us stick to what we know or don't know."

We know that Wingender was caught in a lie. Yes or no?
Yes.

>>'facts' and 'evidence for consideration'<<

Fact.

AGRBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post
Funny that FS's family are totally discarded by AWF as witnesses when it comes to FS being wounded. As far as I know, FS's mother, sister and brother all stated that FS received no injuries in the explosion. Felix even signed a statement confirming this. And even if Berenberg Gossler had found the medical report from the A.E.G., I doubt it would have done him any good in Hamburg.
Felix did sign an affidavits saying FS did not have any scars.
True or false?

True.

>>'facts' and 'evidence for consideration'<<

Fact signed by Felix S, AND, 'evidence for consideration" since a brother couldn't know all.
__________________
"Truth ever lovely-- since the world began.
The foe of tyrants, and the friend of man."
  #1133  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post
Funny that FS's family are totally discarded by AWF as witnesses when it comes to FS being wounded. As far as I know, FS's mother, sister and brother all stated that FS received no injuries in the explosion. Felix even signed a statement confirming this.

Here is my position on the injuries:

We have a report, recorded in BG's papers and Massie's book (as well as a website about history, and other books I cannot find to verify right now) that FS was indeed injured by pieces of the grenade when it exploded at the factory.

We know that AA's body was covered with a lot of strangely shaped scars. Some people will want to believe this is from "Ekaterinburg", but DNA has proven AA not to be AN, and to be most likely FS. Since AA = FS and FS had these scars, it is more than reasonable to presume that FS was injured in the explosion.

Why would her family say otherwise? Why would they deny her at all? Scared? Worried what might become of her if she were labeled a fraud? Concerned how this might affect the rest of the family? Embarrassed? Some of you may disregard this but in older generations shame on the family, even through the rep of one member, was a disgrace and unbearable humiliation in those days and people would do their best to avoid it at all costs, even if they had to hide things or lie. It's also possible that they really didn't know since they hadn't been around her much since she moved to Berlin. She may have even been estranged from them. We don't know.

But we DO know AA was not AN and was 99.9% FS, therefore, looking at it from that angle is more realistic than assuming she got the scars from the Ipatiev house, and trying to make excuses to explain away FS having any injuries in order to support her not being AA because AA had them.

Quote:
And even if Berenberg Gossler had found the medical report from the A.E.G., I doubt it would have done him any good in Hamburg.
If the report existed, surely it would have been found by a lawyer from one of the two sides. They both tried very hard to prove their cases. Or, perhaps what BG had that told of the foreman being killed and FS being hurt IS that report. We don't know until his papers are published.
  #1134  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post
I am not implicating incompetence, dishonesty or both. I am only pointing out that the chain of custody is shady.
And I've pointed out that since the chains of custody in the Ginther study are supposed to be secure, the match with the Sofia sample makes the chain of custody of the Prince Philip sample irrelevant and the match between the Margarete Ellerick sample and the Karl Maucher sample makes the chain of custody of the Karl Maucher sample irrelevant.

As for the Anna Anderson samples, there are different chains of custody, which means that there'd have to have been a large-scale conspiracy by someone to intercept two or three different packages in transit or in the labs. It's hard to see how tampering with the samples in the labs could be put down to anything other than negligence (or worse) by the scientists. As for tampering in transit, again, the scientists were supposed to be dealing with samples that are very carefully handled and packaged to prevent contamination, so tampering should be evident and the scientists would be negligent if they didn't notice it. The alternative is collusion by the scientists to present false results. Either way, it's an accusation of incompetence or fraud.

Quote:
I know that AA was defeated in court, but she was also not found to be FS. The case is still open, and until we have a legal ruling, this discussion will continue. I know very well that all the evidence I can provide is circumstantial, maybe except for that of Moritz Furtmayr, whose PIK system was validated by the German courts.
And as I said, the discussion will continue even after a legal ruling. The ruling in the Dover trial hasn't stopped the intelligent-design people, and a ruling in this trial won't stop whichever side loses.
  #1135  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRBear View Post
Felix did sign an affidavits saying FS did not have any scars.
True or false?

True.

>>'facts' and 'evidence for consideration'<<

Fact signed by Felix S, AND, 'evidence for consideration" since a brother couldn't know all.
It's a fact he signed it, this does not automatically make what he said in it a fact. The fact that he signed it is evidence for consideration with everything else on both sides.

No a brother wouldn't know all, and probably had not seen his sister's bare arms and legs(or even feet) since they were children playing in the creek.
  #1136  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna was Franziska View Post
It's a fact he signed it, this does not automatically make what he said in it a fact. The fact that he signed it is evidence for consideration with everything else on both sides.

No a brother wouldn't know all, and probably had not seen his sister's bare arms and legs(or even feet) since they were children playing in the creek.
But a mother would definitely know.
  #1137  
Old 07-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
And I've pointed out that since the chains of custody in the Ginther study are supposed to be secure, the match with the Sofia sample makes the chain of custody of the Prince Philip sample irrelevant and the match between the Margarete Ellerick sample and the Karl Maucher sample makes the chain of custody of the Karl Maucher sample irrelevant./
But can we be sure that Gertrude was the legitimate daughter of Mrs. Schanzkowdski since her birht certificate has never been found?

Quote:
As for the Anna Anderson samples, there are different chains of custody, which means that there'd have to have been a large-scale conspiracy by someone to intercept two or three different packages in transit or in the labs. It's hard to see how tampering with the samples in the labs could be put down to anything other than negligence (or worse) by the scientists. As for tampering in transit, again, the scientists were supposed to be dealing with samples that are very carefully handled and packaged to prevent contamination, so tampering should be evident and the scientists would be negligent if they didn't notice it. The alternative is collusion by the scientists to present false results. Either way, it's an accusation of incompetence or fraud.
And the funny thing is, I agree with you in this. If it hadn't been for all the strange coincidences on the other side, I would have ended the story right there. But there is just much too much that tells a different story before the DNA. And I wish we could look at it all without getting into a snit.

Quote:
And as I said, the discussion will continue even after a legal ruling. The ruling in the Dover trial hasn't stopped the intelligent-design people, and a ruling in this trial won't stop whichever side loses.
We will have to wait and see, won't we.
  #1138  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna was Franziska View Post
Here is my position on the injuries:

We have a report, recorded in BG's papers and Massie's book (as well as a website about history, and other books I cannot find to verify right now) that FS was indeed injured by pieces of the grenade when it exploded at the factory.
No, we do not have a report, only an assumption that if AA was FS, she had to have gotten her scars from the A.E.G. factory.

Quote:
We know that AA's body was covered with a lot of strangely shaped scars. Some people will want to believe this is from "Ekaterinburg", but DNA has proven AA not to be AN, and to be most likely FS. Since AA = FS and FS had these scars, it is more than reasonable to presume that FS was injured in the explosion.
And presume is what everybody has done so far.

Quote:
Why would her family say otherwise? Why would they deny her at all? Scared? Worried what might become of her if she were labeled a fraud? Concerned how this might affect the rest of the family? Embarrassed? Some of you may disregard this but in older generations shame on the family, even through the rep of one member, was a disgrace and unbearable humiliation in those days and people would do their best to avoid it at all costs, even if they had to hide things or lie. It's also possible that they really didn't know since they hadn't been around her much since she moved to Berlin. She may have even been estranged from them. We don't know.
What we do know, is that FS's mother wrote to Felix: "If it is her, bring her home."

Quote:
AN and was 99.9% FS, therefore, looking at it from that angle is more realistic than assuming she got the scars from the Ipatiev house, and trying to make excuses to explain away FS having any injuries in order to support her not being AA because AA had them.
So FS got damage to her scull, inner bleeding, fractures on the upper and lower jaw, a bayonet wound on her foot, a bullet wound behind her ear plus other wounds on her body. And she still did not go into the hospital till some time after. Amazing.

Quote:
If the report existed, surely it would have been found by a lawyer from one of the two sides. They both tried very hard to prove their cases. Or, perhaps what BG had that told of the foreman being killed and FS being hurt IS that report. We don't know until his papers are published.
I think we do. I know someone who has read his papers, and they contain very little new.
  #1139  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Anna was Franziska's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 823
[quote=ChatNoir;797669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post
But a mother would definitely know.
Maybe not, if she hadn't been home in a long time, they wouldn't have lived so intimately. They may also have been estranged. I am also confused about this 'mother', I have heard her mother was very ill and dying of cancer when the AA mess broke, and I've also heard the mother was already dead and never asked. I've also heard (you do read a lot on these boards over 4 years) that the 'shoe' question was asked not to the real mother but the father's new wife he married after he left the family in 1910 (and he was dead and she had married somebody else) So who was it, and what is the real proof?


Quote:
But can we be sure that Gertrude was the legitimate daughter of Mrs. Schanzkowdski since her birht certificate has never been found?
My Aunt Mae doesn't have a birth certificate, but she is no less a sister than any of the rest of my father's siblings. When she got old enough to draw social security, she had to go back to the town where she was born and get an elderly aunt to swear in front of a court clerk that she remembered when Mae was born. It was good enough for the US gov't. Families know who is and is not related to them, even without paperwork. It's another insult to the scientists involved to think they wouldn't have bothered to check out if a person was maternally related before using their mtDNA!

Some have even suggested Gertrude was illegitimate. Even if this is true, (which it likely isn't) it still wouldn't matter in the mtDNA because it's traced via the mother's line only, the father makes no difference. If she had been, as some have stretched, the love child of the father and his mistress, then the DNA wouldn't have matched, unless the mistress was the mother's sister or maternally related cousin. Then there is always the grasp that she Gertrude was adopted, but Margaret Ellerick was the long lost illegitimate baby of FS taken in by Gertrude! All this is useless speculation, there is no proof Maucher is not related to FS, and the scientists were sure of this and used him for a sample donor.

Quote:
But there is just much too much that tells a different story before the DNA.
But Chat, it no longer means anything because the DNA proved her a pretender. Discussing it will never change that, and trying to use it to oppose the DNA is not realistic.
  #1140  
Old 07-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 797
[quote=Anna was Franziska;797687]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatNoir View Post

Maybe not, if she hadn't been home in a long time, they wouldn't have lived so intimately.
She would still have remembered a toe that bent over in the middle and formed a bunion.

Quote:
They may also have been estranged. I am also confused about this 'mother', I have heard her mother was very ill and dying of cancer when the AA mess broke, and I've also heard the mother was already dead and never asked.
Her real mother was dying of breast cancer when AA met Felix. The "opposition" tried to make it into tuberculosis in order to "connect" it with AA.

Quote:
I've also heard (you do read a lot on these boards over 4 years) that the 'shoe' question was asked not to the real mother but the father's new wife he married after he left the family in 1910 (and he was dead and she had married somebody else) So who was it, and what is the real proof?
The shoe size was given by FS's mother to Frau Rathlef Keilmann's private detective.

Quote:
Some have even suggested Gertrude was illegitimate. Even if this is true, (which it likely isn't) it still wouldn't matter in the mtDNA because it's traced via the mother's line only, the father makes no difference. If she had belonged, as some have stretched, the love child of the father and his mistress, then the DNA wouldn't have matched, unless the mistress was the mother's sister or maternally related cousin. All this is useless speculation, there is no proof Maucher is not related to FS, and the scientists were sure of this and used him for a sample donor.
We won't really know until her birth certificate is found.

Quote:
But Chat, it no longer means anything because the DNA proved her a pretender. Discussing it will never change that, and trying to use it to oppose the DNA is not realistic.
Then why are you here?
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
anastasia, anna anderson, dr berenberg-gossler, ekaterinburg, franziska schanzkowska, grand duchess anastasia, pierre gilliard, prince michael romanov


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 5 (June 2006-Mar 2008) Danielle Current Events Archive 203 03-04-2008 12:55 AM
Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 4 (February-June 2006) Alexandria Current Events Archive 196 06-04-2006 03:14 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit september 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander lists member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats visit to canada


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises