A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenora

Heir Presumptive
City
Riga
Country
Latvia
There are discussions regarding the potential brides for Prince Harry and other royals.Since Grand Duke Georgi,son of Great Duchess Maria Vladimirovna is considered to be the official pretender to the Russian Throne,it will be appropriate to discuss these opportunities.
Nobody knows anything concrete about his private life,but since he is considered as a Prince ,under the old laws he is supposed to marry a Princess who will accept Orthodox Faith.But in our age it's rather difficult to manage love and specific reasons and one could suppose that Grand Duke is not very easy-going due to his duties.
Anyway I think it would be nice to let him make his own choice based on sympathy .

The possible brides could come from the German Royal/Princely Families,from the royal House of Serbia, The Royal House of Greece or from the royal House of Georgia.

Sounds like he may have a time trying to find a suitably royal bride.

MM

Elisabeta Karina of Romania (Prince Nicolae's sister) could be a very good bride.

I forsee his marriage going the way of his parents - married until an heir is produced, then divorce and retain custody of the child. I think he will have a tough time finding a royal bride that will side with his mother and her claim to the Russian throne. To me he is a Prussian Prince and nothing more - I wonder how many other royal houses feel the same way.

I agree Ruby Princess. To find a royal bride who will help lay the claims to the Russian throne will be no easy task. Secondly to restore a monarchy after lapse of nearly 100 years will also not be easy. I wonder if Russia is even ready for a new monarchy.

Last edited:
His mother said in an interview that her son is not required to marry 'equally', if she decides to change the family statute of Alexander I (and receives the blessing of the church):

Your son, Tsesarevich Georgii Mikhailovich, is still unmarried. A natural question from a trendy magazine such as ours: what criteria are there in the choice for his future bride?

The most important thing is that my son’s future wife loves and respects him, that she understands his duties, and that she has his love and respect. From the outside looking in, it might seem that the life of a member of a dynasty is something out of a fairytale. But in fact, it is a heavy burden and an enormous responsibility. You no longer belong to yourself, and must do only that which is in the interest of your country, your people. And you do not ever even get the chance to go into retirement—the dynastic duty is a lifelong one. When Emperor Nicholas I learned that he would be ascending the throne, he told his wife, Alexandra Feodorovna, “My dear, our good days are now all in the past.” And these words could just as easily have been spoken by any head of any dynasty. The failure of both spouses to understand this situation can only lead to tragedy, of the sort that happened with Diana, Princess of Wales.

In addition to all this, there are also limitations of a historical and legal nature that are placed on marriages in the dynasty. According to the presently operative dynastic law, my son must marry a member of a ruling or sovereign house. This stipulation was not originally a part of Emperor Paul I’s 1797 law of succession, but was added later to the Family Statute by his son, Alexander I, who obliged all his successors solemnly to observe that new requirement. In the nineteenth and first half of the twentieth centuries, this was necessary for the maintenance of the prestige of the dynasty and, consequently, of the entire country. At present, however, when the majority of European dynasties, including those that currently reign, have already abandoned similar regulations in their dynastic laws, such restrictions have for us lost all meaning. It was not for nothing that the faithful friend and spiritual father of my grandfather and father, St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco, as early as 1920, said that there would come a day when it would be necessary to return to the original law of Paul I, according to which only the permission of the Head of the Imperial House, and none of the subsequently added requirements, was necessary for a marriage to be recognized as legal. If my son’s chosen bride happens not to be from a ruling or sovereign house, the marriage will then require a change to the Family Statute, which only I can introduce and, in addition, would require also the blessing of the Orthodox Church since we are bound by a holy oath to observe the law of succession in its present form.

Read the entire interview here: Interview with the Head of the Russian Imperial House, H.I.H. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna in the Magazine Randevu (Kazakhstan)

Courtesy: Neville on the GREMB.

Last edited:
The problem is I had never heard about a girlfriend of Grand Duke George of equal birt or commoner.

Maria does certainly seem to keep him in a lockbox.

Possible prides could be Elisabeta Karina of Romania and Theodora of Greece or one of the daughters of the duke of Anhalt.

Theodora is Greek Orthodox, which wouldn't be complicated since it's just a different branch of the Orthodox religion in general.

Orthodoxy,Catholicism,Anglicansm,Protestantism form a religion.They are all confessions of a unique religion:Christianity.
Theodora of Greece lives in the States.
Elisabeta Karina of Romania lives in the UK and would be a wonderful bride.

LMAO Maria changing the rules again to fit her.
Either way nobody seems to want to marry him. He appears to be a pudgy momma's boy.
And who really thinks he is more eligible than Prince Harry or the Casaraghi brothers?

He is o just ne of the european Princes (Crown Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg, Prince Harry of Wales/UK, Prince Nicolae of Romania, different German Princes) who are not married yet.

The problem is I had never heard about a girlfriend of Grand Duke George of equal birt or commoner.

That's true, I've certainly never heard of him linked with anyone who is female, in the romantic sense. And he's what, 30 years old now? :whistling:

Maybe he does not like to speak about his private life.

What sort of traits should the ideal bride of Georgi have in order to make him a good wife?

errr, blind in one eye and can't see out the other?:whistling: At least when it comes to Maria, she may need to have the patience of Job.

I think it will be very difficult for him to find a princess from a ruling house to marry. So I think the ideal bride will need to be Russian and have an endearing personality to connect with the masses.

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs a patient,devout,full of dignity Princess as bride.

He needs a patient,devout,full of dignity Princess as bride.

Then of course, a clean reputation and a good professional background, with money of her own. As for patience, she will need a lot of empathy as well to understand how fiercely devoted Maria Vladimirovna is to her son.

Grand Duchess Maria must be admired for how much loves and care for her only son.

Maybe a Serbian Princess will be more acceptable for the russians as future wife of the Tsarevich.

There is only Marija of Yugoslavia. She is quite young, and neither she nor her parents seem to mingle much with their royal relatives in Serbia, let alone members of foreign dynasties.

What sort of traits should the ideal bride of Georgi have in order to make him a good wife?

A lot of money. Everything else - from royal birth to Orthodoxy, Maria has now proclaimed that she can live without.

As half the thread had been taken up with the discussion of GD Georgi's Prussian birth with little relevance to the topic of 'a potential bride', those posts have been moved across to Georgi's own thread.

I think any woman that Georgi marries will come under very close inspection from his mother. Whomever he marries will have to accept the fact that's he's very close to his mother and she's part of the picture. Getting along with Grand Duchess Maria will be part of the package.

She strikes me as a very strong willed woman whose looking out for her son's interests and protecting his interests. A woman who has a similiar personality would not get along with her but would clash and would not be wife material. A woman whose very laid back, easy going and who doesn't care to take a leadership role would probably be the most suitable wife for Georgi personality wise.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed single until his mother died, and then he came out as being gay.

What makes you think that he is gay? And if he is I hope for at least dynastic reasons he has a suitable heir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom