A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one cares.
No one cares? Really?
You have made no less than 35 posts in this thread so it appears that you care a great deal, certainly more than most other members.

Ah, when I say no one cares, I mean that in the world at large, it is a non starter. That I have chosen to wile away some time commenting on this issue, show that I was either avoiding something productive or just enjoying the debate.

Sorry to read you won't be back on this Forum, TomBert. Before you go, I just wanted to clear up something. Mr.Casaraghi's name was Stefano,not Pierre. Pierre is the name of his second son and youngest child he had, along with Andrea and Charlotte, with Caroline of Monaco. I hope you have a nice life!

Good evening anyone,

I was just surfing on the internet searching for some informations and I bumped into this discussion forum. I usually don't like to spend time on blogs but in this case I've decided to drop two lines because I've met the couple you are talking about and I diond't know they were rising so much of attention! I would never talk about situations and people that I don't know and that are usually private.

I actually spent 2 hours seated right next to Rebecca and HIH Georges. I cannot say that I know them but I've had a very positive impression about the two of them.

reading your posts it looks like he's a mamma's boy and has nothing else that a title, instead he has a degree at Oxford, a very good job in a big russian company and seems very smart, kind and cultivate we spoke about his job and I got impressed because he's very young and already a brilliant carreer!

I talked to Rebecca much more than to him and honestly not only she is very beautiful (much more in reality that in picture), but also a very interesting person. she is fluent in 6 languages, lived around in many countries around the world and is highly refined and educated. moreover if I don't remember wrong she has two degrees and a master and on the top of that a very good job.

she looks very open and used to public relations. some royals were there as well and she had long conversations with them dind't looking like she was out of her habitat. now I have not a clue about her family background, but looked to me that she was perfectly fitted in there.

Please note that these are my personal impressions and that I've decided to disclose them here only because some of the judgements expressed above on the people you are mentioning looks to me quite superficial.

Thanks for your attention
P.

Judging from the name she is not Russian, which is unfortunate.

Last edited by a moderator:
If King Michael of Romania grant the title of Princess to his granddaughter, Karina (Prince Nicholas's sister), she'll become very suitable to Grand Duke George.

If King Michael of Romania grant the title of Princess to his granddaughter, Karina (Prince Nicholas's sister), she'll become very suitable to Grand Duke George.

Can George marry a commoner? If so, then the title for Karina should not matter. I don't see them giving her a title anytime soon. Perhaps Margarita will do so in the future.

Can George marry a commoner? If so, then the title for Karina should not matter. I don't see them giving her a title anytime soon. Perhaps Margarita will do so in the future.

If Karina become a Princess and a member of the House Romania, she'll not be a commoner anymore. A marriage between her and Grand Duke George would be regarded as a Dynastic one.

He would be lucky if a Casihiragi would consider him. He is a nothing, to say, politically, he is a wonderful young man, some say gay, I do not know or care. I just hope he is happy.

Actually, his title is higher than the Casiraghi (who have no titles) and his "HIH" and "HRH" outrank the "HSH" and "HRH" that Caroline holds. An "Imperial Highness" even outranks a "Her/His Royal Highness." So really, Charlotte would be the one benefiting more than him really.

Caroline would go into ecstasies if Charlotte had a chance with Georgi.

His title may be higher, but she's in line to an actual, existing throne while he's not. There's a bit of an argument here as to who outranks who here. I doubt Caroline would care if her daughter didn't marry Georgi.

If Karina become a Princess and a member of the House Romania, she'll not be a commoner anymore. A marriage between her and Grand Duke George would be regarded as a Dynastic one.

Yeah, I understand that it would be dynastic if she was a princess of the house of Romania. But, Karina is not currently a princess in the royal house, so, that is why I was asking about whether or not he could marry a commoner.

I thought you said they would make a good match? From you post, Georg can only marry dynastically? Is his situation like that it the Brazilian empirical house?

Did his mother marry dynastically?

I said the only way the marriage can be regarded as Dynastic is if King Michael, or any other subsequent Head of the Romanian Royal House, giver her the title of Princess prior to the wedding.

It's almost the same situation in the Brazilian Imperial House. The only difference is that Prince Rafael is sharing the duty of produce heirs to the Throne with his sisters and their Ligne cousins, and with the Saxe-Coburg and Braganza relatives. Grand Duke George is, as far as I know, the only one who can continue with the Russian Imperial line.

In 1976 Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna married HRH Prince Franz Wilhelm of Prussia. They divorced in 1985.

Karina looks slightly overweight, and Georgi is the same. He needs to marry a skinny girl to improve the genetic pool of his family. Traditional rabbis thought like this when matching people. I know that Georgi is not Jewish, of course, but it's an interesting principle. King Hussein of Jordan seems to have married more than one bride who is slightly taller than he is, and that was a wise decision on behalf of his children. Where is the skinny rich princess?

Except for seeming to be a very nice young man, Georgi brings very little to the table. He can bestow a title if that is what is wanted, but past that there is nothing. Who care if she is fat or skinny, does she want to marry him is the question.

His title may be higher, but she's in line to an actual, existing throne while he's not. There's a bit of an argument here as to who outranks who here. I doubt Caroline would care if her daughter didn't marry Georgi.

Princess Caroline didn't care about whether or not the throne of Hanover existed when she went after PRince Ernst; she now has the higher rank ("HRH" is higher than "HSH") than when she had at birth. The Grimaldis are considered princes, not royal highnesses, which means that the Monaco family isn't considered royal, only princely.

Given as Caroline's first two marriages were to untitled men, I highly doubt she cared about Ernst's titles at all.

The Grimaldis are princes, yes, and they have a history of marrying individuals without titles. Caroline wouldn't care if her daughter married Georgi or some other prince (with or without a throne) or if she married someone without any title at all. The Grimaldis don't place any emphasis on dynastic marriages.

As for whether or not Caroline cared about if the throne if Hanover existed, I doubt she "went after" Ernst because of his higher titles - once again, her first two husbands were unable to provide her or their children with titles, so why would she care if her third husband came with a title?

And yes, the ranking of Royal Highness may be higher than the ranking of Serene Highness, but when you're the heir to throne that actually exists, even as just a Serene Highness, I doubt you'II consider yourself to be lower than someone who is the heir (or pretender) to a throne that no longer exists, even when they have a Royal Highness. Georgi might on one stand point be higher than Charlotte owing to his titles, but on another they're equals owing to the fact that legally neither of them actually holds titles (unless Russia's still legally recognizing titles), and on another she's higher because she might one day inherit (or even just be the daughter/sister of a monarch) a throne while it's unlikely that Georgi will ever do so.

A monied young woman like Charlotte would be perfect; she has a place in the Monaco succession, she will surely come into more than enough wealth, and I bet that Caroline would adore the idea of her daughter being a Grand Duchess, wife of an Heir. Reigning or not, it would be a huge coup for Charlotte.

Dethroned Houses are indeed still recognized by the reigning houses socially and would be recognized if there were to be a rise in the fortunes of the House of Romanov. Or any other House for that matter. A throne is a throne and there is no way that Maria wouldn't like to have the money the Grimaldis have.

To be honest, Charlotte would make a glamorous Grand Duchess and I bet she would end up enjoying the title. The Eastern Euros are a glamorous set and are stunners and Charlotte would looks wise fit right in.

Charlotte would not like Georgi as a marriage partner, I believe. So she wouldn't be fine for him. She likes skinny exotic cerebral men, I gather, although I do not follow the Casiraghis much. Just looking at her present and past partners would show that Georgi is not her dish.

Georgi is not in her league. She needs neither money nor a title. She is very beautiful and, yes she seem to gravitate to , let us be kind more exciting men. And being the Grand Duchess of nothing is hardly an enticement.

Karina looks slightly overweight, and Georgi is the same. He needs to marry a skinny girl to improve the genetic pool of his family. Traditional rabbis thought like this when matching people. I know that Georgi is not Jewish, of course, but it's an interesting principle. King Hussein of Jordan seems to have married more than one bride who is slightly taller than he is, and that was a wise decision on behalf of his children. Where is the skinny rich princess?

Are you being either funny or sarcastic?

This is sad! Who would say such a thing about a beautiful women like Karina!

Princess Caroline didn't care about whether or not the throne of Hanover existed when she went after PRince Ernst; she now has the higher rank ("HRH" is higher than "HSH") than when she had at birth. The Grimaldis are considered princes, not royal highnesses, which means that the Monaco family isn't considered royal, only princely.
HRH might be higher than HSH, but if you look at the 2004 Danish wedding which both Caroline and Albert attended, TRH The Prince and Princess of Hannover were seated with the deposed royal guests while HSH Hereditary Prince Albert of Monaco was seated in the upper level with the reigning royal families.
At this stage of the game I doubt she cares too much one way or the other, and really doubt if Charlotte cares about a title at all. What does Georgi bring to the table? Not wealthy and not from a reigning royal family so hope he has a great mind, body and personality.

Georgi looks like a sweet young man, who is overweight and not overly attractive. Not that that should be a criteria. Charlotte, I am assuming doesn't give a darn. I think she would laugh at this discussion. She has far more "money" and personal appeal.

Except for seeming to be a very nice young man, Georgi brings very little to the table. He can bestow a title if that is what is wanted, but past that there is nothing. Who care if she is fat or skinny, does she want to marry him is the question.

The most perfect choice for him is Princess Leonie of Saxe-Weimar, dau of Pr Michael of Saxe-Weimar. She is 4 or 5 years younger.. and they say she is beautiful

Who knows who Georgi will marry and since he is a "regular" person, with none of this "royal" nonsense, he can marry anyone. Might not be a woman. Plus, all of this other stuff is imagined. There is no nation he will head, he has a job. No one cares.

Please don't forget, that recently Gr Dss Maria (de-jure Empress Maria I) said in her interview that there is a possibility that Gr Duke George could marry a non-royal (and obviously non-noble) Russian girl. But for this the Dynastic Rules of Russian Imperial Family have to be changed and Blessing from Russian Orthodox Church should be given.
So, who knows, maybe this is a hint that there is some candidate :) Or it would be done so that to make the Romanovs closer to Russian people?

It will take a lot more than that to make a Hohenzollern Prince closer to the Russian people.
I would love to see the reaction of the other Romanovs though should Maria change the marriage laws to suit herself and her son. Talk about maing a bad situation even worse, LOL.

What other Romanovs can say if the only legal Head of the House, Empress Maria I will change marriage laws? What can they say if they had already failed them? At that time Maria's family didn't fail them but married equally (or almost equally) unlike all the rest of the Romanovs

Can someone tell me what his relation is to the late Czar Nicholas II a and Alexandra is?

Is he a descendant of a brother a cousin?

What other Romanovs can say if the only legal Head of the House, Empress Maria I will change marriage laws? What can they say if they had already failed them? At that time Maria's family didn't fail them but married equally (or almost equally) unlike all the rest of the Romanovs
Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna never fails to remind each and everyone of her equal marriage. Furthermore she has stated that the marriage laws will be amended if needed. Hopefully Grand Duke Georgi will marry someone he loves and his marriage will last longer than his parents' one.

Can someone tell me what his relation is to the late Czar Nicholas II a and Alexandra is?

Is he a descendant of a brother a cousin?

Grand Duke George is a great-great-grandson of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich (1847-1909), third son of Emperor Alexander II of Russia and brother Emperor Alexandre III, who was the father of Emperor Nicholas II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom