A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of money. Everything else - from royal birth to Orthodoxy, Maria has now proclaimed that she can live without.

While she is prubably being realistic anout her chances og finding someone for him that meets the old requirements, wouldn't that diminish his position in regards to the other claiments?

I hope Grand Duke George will have a love marriage with a European Princess.

I wonder whom that might be that lucky girl...:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
While she is prubably being realistic anout her chances og finding someone for him that meets the old requirements, wouldn't that diminish his position in regards to the other claiments?

Yup.

Especially since she has carried on like a shrew for over thirty years, and her father and mother before her, on the topic of "equal marriage" and its importance. Many consider her mother to have been not of equal marriage, so Maria's endless insistence on the topic makes her look foolish especially now that she is suddenly proclaiming that she will "rule" otherwise on the issue of "equal marriage."

So the bride pool just expanded to include all manner of wealthy trash from everywhere. Isn't there a pretty ready supply of Russian oligarchs now with daughters to raffle off? Maria didn't seem picky about bargaining with the former Soviet state (the murderers of her family) when preparing to negotiate her son's custody for recognization of his rights. I hardly think she would blink an eye at accepting some club-known billionaire's daughter from dubious pedigree, as long as the price was right.

Yup.

Especially since she has carried on like a shrew for over thirty years, and her father and mother before her, on the topic of "equal marriage" and its importance. Many consider her mother to have been not of equal marriage, so Maria's endless insistence on the topic makes her look foolish especially now that she is suddenly proclaiming that she will "rule" otherwise on the issue of "equal marriage."

So the bride pool just expanded to include all manner of wealthy trash from everywhere. Isn't there a pretty ready supply of Russian oligarchs now with daughters to raffle off? Maria didn't seem picky about bargaining with the former Soviet state (the murderers of her family) when preparing to negotiate her son's custody for recognization of his rights. I hardly think she would blink an eye at accepting some club-known billionaire's daughter from dubious pedigree, as long as the price was right.

Your continuos offence of the Imperial Family is unbelieveble on a royalist forum.You should have more respect for the members of the Imperial Family.

This, IMO, isn't a "royalist" forum, it's a royal forum.
Why should Not A Pretender show respect to a family who hasn't earnt any?

If somebody is not royalist it is rather strange that is interested in royalty.The Imperial House of Romanov have a long history not only in the xxth century.

A royalist supports a particular monarch as head of state for a particular kingdom, or of a particular dynastic claim.

You can be a fan of royalty, and not have to be a Royalist.

The fact that it has existed for a long time, doesn't mean it should be respected. NotAPretender has her opinions, there is no reason to slate her for it.

I am deeply sorry if somebody felt ever offended for what I said but the way people speak about Grand Duchess Maria and Grand Duke George is rather very offensive.
Those who are in favour ot the private association of the descendants of morganatic marriages Romanoff are clearly not in favour of the imperial House giuded by HIH Grand Duchess Maria.

A royalist supports a particular monarch as head of state for a particular kingdom, or of a particular dynastic claim.

You can be a fan of royalty, and not have to be a Royalist.

The fact that it has existed for a long time, doesn't mean it should be respected. NotAPretender has her opinions, there is no reason to slate her for it.

:previous: There are also monarchists who believe in monarchy as the best form of government regardless of the current monarch -- that would include me (though I probably count as a royalist in regards to the Danish Royal Family)

The way some people talk about the woman, it's truly laughable. She's a claimant to a throne with will never be restored and uses her fake titles to her advantage.

This has very little to do with this mummy's boy's marriage.

Oh I know about Monarchists, but Cory brought up the term royalist so I thought I wouldn't include it. :)

There is no Imperial House of Russia. It hasn't existed, except in the minds of a few, for almost 100 years. Many people on this forum, are interested in history and not restoring long forgotten, abusive monarchies. The monarchies, today, in Europe do not rule and many follow them, because of their lifestyles and their fashion, because of their wealth. They are celebrities many are very nice people. All have, what you would call "Commoners" married to their sons and daughters. They are very nice, too. Duchess Maria guides nothing except her own little world and her hapless son.

I am deeply sorry if somebody felt ever offended for what I said but the way people speak about Grand Duchess Maria and Grand Duke George is rather very offensive.
Those who are in favour ot the private association of the descendants of morganatic marriages Romanoff are clearly not in favour of the imperial House giuded by HIH Grand Duchess Maria.
Cory dearest,
I'm not in favour of any special member of the Romanovs' dynasty myself.Still I am interested in knowing the truth.
Being Russian I feel disappointment and regret to know that Maria Vladimirovna wants to have 10 billion dollars apanage from Russia (see this article + Google translation of it). The economic situation in Russia is not good, and the supposed apanage might be a heavy burden for the taxpayers, if you know what I mean.
Neither M.V., not her son are not involved into any charity or educational projects here, in Russia since 1992. The rare press mentionings are the ones which tell more about M.V.'s passionate desire to have back some palaces (Gatchina and Zimniy) for her residences.
The other Romanovs' descendants are aware of the fact that they have to prove their desire to help their native country, and to earn the respect of the Russian citizens. It occurs they are coping well.
Nevertheless, back to the topic.:flowers:
I feel sorry for any European princess who dares to join M.V.'s family. The potential mother-in-law will never share her one and beloved son with any (even brilliant, smart and beautiful) young lady.:)

Last edited:
I hope Grand Duchess Maria will have a good relationship with her future daughter-in-law for the sake of Grand Duke George.

Being Russian I feel disappointment and regret to know that Maria Vladimirovna wants to have 10 billion dollars apanage from Russia (see this article + Google translation of it). The economic situation in Russia is not good, and the supposed apanage might be a heavy burden for the taxpayers, if you know what I mean.
The rare press mentionings are the ones which tell more about M.V.'s passionate desire to have back some palaces (Gatchina and Zimniy) for her residences.

She's insane to think she's worth that much to the Russian State and why on earth would she think that she would be entitled to palaces that were never hers in the first place? They are not her property!

The Serbian Princess I suppose is orthodox but I do not know if she really is interested to become an Empress.

... why on earth would she think that she would be entitled to palaces that were never hers in the first place? They are not her property!
That's the point, AristoCat!

It is, basically, a moot point. No one is becoming Empress. These are just fun conjectures.

If you know how to read the fute is fine.Not everybody knows that.
There are also "de iure" Empresses that do not reign.

She's insane to think she's worth that much to the Russian State and why on earth would she think that she would be entitled to palaces that were never hers in the first place? They are not her property!

I agree with you. She has got to get with the program and perhaps check on the situation in Russia. Also, it'd be great PR for her and her son if they did some charity or helped the country in any way. Wonder if she realizes that if she or her son were to be allowed back on the throne that they would have to do charity work. My guess is, probably not. She reminds me of a parasite; takes, takes, takes, but doesn't give in return. Quite disgraceful, if you ask me.

Instead of speaking here about the possible bride of HIH Grand Duke George we speak about properties and...

Sounds like Maria is ready to marry off her SON to the highest bidders, not just a title to give him strength or a Russian to bond her son to the nation, but for money. After all this time, money is her main priority.

So the bride pool just expanded to include all manner of wealthy trash from everywhere.

Which is pretty disgusting since after all, it means that the (theory only) Tsarina of the Russian nation can be some rich skeeve with enough billions on her bank account (or that of her parents). It wouldn't matter if whether or not said Consort were decent or moral or hardworking, all that mattered is money. And Russians are supposed to kowtow to Georgi's theoretcial consort?

My guess is, probably not. She reminds me of a parasite; takes, takes, takes, but doesn't give in return. Quite disgraceful, if you ask me.

I once mentioned she looked like Dolores Umbridge, but she is also reminding me of a fat spider, beckoning some rich, royal girl to come into her lair. "Come and see my parlor" said the spider to the fly" is my impression. She has no business still being in such conflict with the rest of the Romanov family and she's holding her son as a literal hostage.

She has no business asking for so much money from the Russian nation; as it is, Russia is barely on it's feet and moving along and this woman wants a huge pension and palaces she never owned in the first place. Tsarism and Tsarist society is at this point dead as a doornail (autocracy died in 1905 and the Bolsheviks finished the job in 1918) and now after WWII and the damage of Communism, too much has happened for things to be as they were, at all.

Grand Duchess Maria has never said she wanted a rich daughter in law.

If you know how to read the fute is fine.Not everybody knows that.
There are also "de iure" Empresses that do not reign.

It is not reading the future, but reading the present. I and some of the other posters, have been to Russia, no one is interested. Young people have no idea who she is. Russia may need a lot of things a Empress is not one of them.

Maybe a beautiful bride for Grand Duke George will help to the cause of Monarchy.

Could I know why?

Why not a bride from the rival branch of claimants? If Maria could be brought around to marry her son to a daughter of one of the families in the RNA or Romanov Family Association, it would knit together the two sides and then have Maria in the fold and then fighting for the family, not just on her own all the time (which I am sure is tiring her out at this point in her life). As for beauty, it should be the timeless, classic, elegant (in every sense of the word) type, not the trashy bleached look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom