The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #741  
Old 03-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 492


Still, I presume that Russian titles could be used in like manner in Germany. The points which were made by Countessmeout were that Jorge/Georgy cannot grant his future wife an official position in a reigning monarchy, and that a German title would be no more real than the Russian one.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #742  
Old 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,160
But that counts for every French Comte, every Austrian Erzherzog, every German Freiherr and every Italian Marchese. In all these countries everyone is aware of their existence and yes, their titles are used in social context. No difference for that for a German Prince or a Russian Grand-Duke. The fact that Maria Vadimirovna Romanova and her son Georg/Georgy is received by Putin, by the Pope, is invited for royal, noble and other events already shows that they have a special position in society. That the Communist successor of the Russian tsarist empire decided to eliminate the aristocracy does not mean that the descendants of these often centuries old dynasties are no royals or aristocrats anymore.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #743  
Old 03-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 492
Your statements are accordant with her points and mine, as far as I can see.
Reply With Quote
  #744  
Old 04-02-2017, 02:50 AM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post

Lady Gabriella "Ella" Windsor (Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia; born 23 April 1981)
patronymic: Gabriella Mikhailovna, highly unlikely because on she is a lady.....
i think that wouldn't be a problem she can start using the title Her Highness Princess Gabriella of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha , duchess of saxony as she is a male line descendants of the house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha .
Reply With Quote
  #745  
Old 04-02-2017, 03:14 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Do you say Mr and Mrs zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg? Or Mrs von Thurn und Taxis? Or Mr von Bayern? In the whole German society, including officials from the municipalities, the Länder, and the federal administration simply use their titles.

Also in public these titles are used, for an example in the publication of the death of Richard Prinz zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Note, his son now uses "Fürst" as title... (link)

Or the Government using the title and the HRH... (link) Or the President of Germany receiving Georg Friedrich and Sophie for dinner... (link) Or a German Baron (Freiherr) in the House of Representatives... (link)

Let us say: between the letter of the law and the daily life there is a lot of space...
No you wouldn't call them Von turn and taxis, because that isn't their name. Their name is Prince Von third and taxis. Prince is legally part of their last name,


Outside of Germany and royal circles, these titles mean nothing. Now if he was TAT and was worth billions, people would notice,

The point is this ere is an obvious difference between marrying an actual royal like Harry, and marrying a name only Royal. As HrH princess Harry you would be rev ignited all over the world. Do tours. Meet presidents (not just in your own country). And the only work you'd have to do is charity work.

Other than the odd society event or dinner, these former royals live private lives. They dork every day jobs. They walk down every day streets. If you are lucky once or twice a year you may get to attend a party where you get to wear a tiara and have a title on paper. Loses even more value when titles can be bought.
Reply With Quote
  #746  
Old 04-02-2017, 04:57 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,160
There are non-reigning royals living a more grand royal life than reigning royals. You make a characterization of it, while the future King of Great-Britain is also working as an air ambulance pilot, eats with his colleagues in the canteen and change in dressrooms after sports training sessions.

Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, who passed away a few weeks ago, was one of Germany's biggest private landowners. The Hannovers, the Wittelsbachers, the Schaumburg-Lippes, the Württembergers, the Hohenzollerns, the Hessens, the Anhalts, the Waldeck-Pyrmonts and name them all often still have their ancestral properties, live in well-to-do circumstances (some of them still receive annual dotations from the Bundesländer as this was agreed after the end of the monarchies!).

We see the same generous attitudes towards the former royal families of Portugal, Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia (Serbia), etc. where often arrangements were made concerning former properties which were looted or confiscated by nazis and/or communists. Especially the aristocrats in the East Bloc have lost all and everything and many of then are still in exhausting procedures to get their stolen properties back. But portraying as if it all means nothing, as you seem to do is not in line with reality.

Even the simple local aristocrat on that castle outside a village often has a prominent position. He is often the protector of local clubs, sometimes the local mayor, is into the regional political, financial, cultural and corporate web of the who-is-who.

Even in republican France, where "Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité" is the mantra there are classes with invisible lines and the aristocratie still is very much a class on its own. Ask everyone in France, even in cosmopolitan Paris. And this wile the heads of the aristocrats have been chopped of and rolling in the streets. Think of the succesful movie Les Intouchables, where a man from the neglected Banlieues suddenly found himself working for a disabled, awesomely rich aristocrat in Paris' most posh arrondissement. No romantic fantasy but based on a real story.

There is a lot of window-dressing. An egalitarian society as a facadeoutside and at macro-level. The inside, at micro-level still shows a fine and longlasting spun web connecting the high and the mighty. This happens in France, in Italy, in Germany, in Austria, you simply need an antenna for it, to detect this specific layer in society.
Reply With Quote
  #747  
Old 04-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
.... [snipped]
Even in republican France, where "Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité" is the mantra there are classes with invisible lines and the aristocratie still is very much a class on its own. Ask everyone in France, even in cosmopolitan Paris. And this wile the heads of the aristocrats have been chopped of and rolling in the streets. Think of the succesful movie Les Intouchables, where a man from the neglected Banlieues suddenly found himself working for a disabled, awesomely rich aristocrat in Paris' most posh arrondissement. No romantic fantasy but based on a real story.

There is a lot of window-dressing. An egalitarian society as a facadeoutside and at macro-level. The inside, at micro-level still shows a fine and longlasting spun web connecting the high and the mighty. This happens in France, in Italy, in Germany, in Austria, you simply need an antenna for it, to detect this specific layer in society.
The lines in question are very thick and visible.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #748  
Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 AM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
i think that wouldn't be a problem she can start using the title Her Highness Princess Gabriella of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha , duchess of saxony as she is a male line descendants of the house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha .


She could do that but I'm sure that, however unlikely a marriage between the two is, since she is a male-line descendant of the House of Windsor Maria Vladimirovna would accept her with open arms. Prince Michaels Russian ties would also be a big plus.
Besides rules like this can always be bent - when Crown prince Gustav of Sweden, who later had his sons & cousins thrown out of the line of succession for marrying unequally, wanted to marry Lady Louise Mountbatten she was in the end considered suitable since she was a member of the extended British Royal Family. Rumour has it that King George was furious and sent the Swedish Court a copy of the line of succession.
Reply With Quote
  #749  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
She could do that but I'm sure that, however unlikely a marriage between the two is, since she is a male-line descendant of the House of Windsor Maria Vladimirovna would accept her with open arms. Prince Michaels Russian ties would also be a big plus.
Besides rules like this can always be bent - when Crown prince Gustav of Sweden, who later had his sons & cousins thrown out of the line of succession for marrying unequally, wanted to marry Lady Louise Mountbatten she was in the end considered suitable since she was a member of the extended British Royal Family. Rumour has it that King George was furious and sent the Swedish Court a copy of the line of succession.

I agree that Maria Wladimirovna would accept her. But what about her mother? Would Pss Marie-Christine accept him?
Reply With Quote
  #750  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:23 AM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,266
A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithsdale View Post
I agree that Maria Wladimirovna would accept her. But what about her mother? Would Pss Marie-Christine accept him?


Could you honestly picture Marie-Christine disapprove of her daughter marrying a nobleman, a royal let alone the heir to the claimant of the Russian throne?! She'd shout it out from every rooftop between Kensington & Vladivostok.
Reply With Quote
  #751  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,214
Lady Gabriella has a longtime relationship with Tom Kingston
Reply With Quote
  #752  
Old 04-03-2017, 09:52 AM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Could you honestly picture Marie-Christine disapprove of her daughter marrying a nobleman, a royal let alone the heir to the claimant of the Russian throne?! She'd shout it out from every rooftop between Kensington & Vladivostok.
so true .
Reply With Quote
  #753  
Old 04-03-2017, 10:01 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,428
But he has a Partner !
Reply With Quote
  #754  
Old 04-03-2017, 12:26 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 5,721

And Lady Gabriella has a partner as well; and also there there isn't anything suggesting that any kind of relationship between Georgi and Gabriella exists.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #755  
Old 04-03-2017, 12:28 PM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post

And Lady Gabriella has a partner as well; and also there there isn't anything suggesting that any kind of relationship between Georgi and Gabriella exists.


Well this whole thread is pure speculation isn't it.
Reply With Quote
  #756  
Old 04-03-2017, 02:35 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,428
Georgi often comes to Belgium , he attends Princess Lea's Events. He is always with the same Lady but I forgot her name. I was told he is a nice Person.
Reply With Quote
  #757  
Old 04-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,563
Grand Duke George has been in a relationship with Rebecca Bettarini for some years now.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #758  
Old 04-04-2017, 12:03 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post

And Lady Gabriella has a partner as well; and also there there isn't anything suggesting that any kind of relationship between Georgi and Gabriella exists.
One I believe her mother was said to have hinted about a coming engagement, or at least hopes.
Reply With Quote
  #759  
Old 04-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,883
Or will ever exist.
Reply With Quote
  #760  
Old 04-05-2017, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,360
Well, one culd say that he is in similar situation like Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

The only difference is that in Gustav's case, huge money is in question, since Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg family is net worth 600 Million Euros.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Potential Wife for Prince Harry Zonk Prince Harry and Prince William 1872 04-18-2017 09:22 PM
A Commoner as Royal Bride: Catherine Middleton and Who Else? CharlotteAmalia British Royal History 70 07-01-2011 04:07 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events denmark duchess of cambridge dutch state visit earl of snowdon english books general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy news parliament picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince guillaume prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess elisabeth princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margriet princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen silvia state visit state visit to spain stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises