A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
One can be very good friends and soulmates without necessarily thinking about marriage. In any way, if Grand Duke Georgiy of Russia (for the supporters) or Prince Georg of Prussia (for the non-supporters) marries Donna Rebecca, he is not obeying to the rules of both his Russian and German Houses. So we have to see how this turns out. Would Georgiy/Georg marry Rebecca, all claims of Grand Duchess Maria's line become very wobbly. Note that in less of a year time the good chap has been linked to a Gabriella, to a Victoria and now to a Rebecca. Apart from the interesting note that all names end on 'a', there is no any conclusion to make...

Last edited:
Note that in less of a year time the good chap has been linked to a Gabriella, to a Victoria and now to a Rebecca. Apart from the interesting note that all names end on 'a', there is no any conclusion to make...

Duc et Pair: I didn't understand what you mean about ALL NAMES END ON A "A" and there is no any conclusion to make?

Last edited by a moderator:
As for a wife, it would be entertaining to see Maria try to justify Georgi's claim to Headship of the Romanovs and also retain standing in his own House (German).

Ok I see what you mean...anyway the situation does not seem clear given the fact that George has been pictured often in official occasions with miss Victoria Kainazarova. looks to me that Rebecca is just a friend and Victoria is a potential bride. For what is my understanding Victoria lives in Russia so it makes sense she is not always with George.

Duc et Pair: I didn't understand what you mean about ALL NAMES END ON A "A" and there is no any conclusion to make?

The Grand Duke has "dated" several ladies in the past year. The only conclusion we can make is that all their names ended on an "A' (he dated a Gabriella, a Victoria and now a Rebecca) and that is it. All other conclusions ("he is going to marry Rebecca") can not be made.

:flowers:

Ok I see what you mean...anyway the situation does not seem clear given the fact that George has been pictured often in official occasions with miss Victoria Kainazarova. looks to me that Rebecca is just a friend and Victoria is a potential bride. For what is my understanding Victoria lives in Russia so it makes sense she is not always with George.
Grand Duke Georgi will not marry Ms Kainazarova.

Rebecca just a friend? Travelling with Georgi to various countries in order to accompany him to various events, encluding weddings? I'll eat my hat if they are just friends.

It is all speculation. Also Victoria and Gabriella were seen at various events.

Who is the Gabriella to whom everyone is referring?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

My guess is that some posters are referring to Lady Gabriella Windsor. She was discussed as a potential bride. However, I highly doubt Grand Georgi knows her personally.

Thank you, Al bina.

Indeed, it does not seem likely that Lady Gabriella and Grand Duke George are well acquainted.

They certainly have never been publicly photographed together, unlike George and Rebecca.

Lady Gabriella is the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent and of Marie-Christine Baroness von Reibnitz. From her paternal side, Lady Gabriella is surely equal rank (grandfather Prince George, Duke of Kent and grandmother Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark).

I am not so sure how important the maternal lineage is (grandfather Günther Hubertus Baron von Reibnitz and mother Maria Anna Countess Szapáry von Muraszombath, Széchysziget und Szapár). Possibly Lady Gabriella will fall "short" on this. On the first sight she seems a perfect candidate for Grand Duke Georgy. The ties of the Kents with Russia are close. Lady Gabriella's grandmother also was Orthodox in Faith. It makes it all plausible that the two know each other quite well.

Surprises are never to be ruled out. Who would have thought that goofy Lord Nicholas would marrry a Croatian noble (Donna Paola Doimi de Lupis de Frankopan)?

:previous:
Well, your points are valid and have been discussed at length in this thread. In my personal opinion, Lady Gabriella would have made a wonderful Grand Duchess in her own right as Tsar Michael's daughter.

Lady Gabriella will not marry Georgi. She may fall short of expectations, to some, but she will have her pick of the lot. I am sure she doesn't care about a fantasized Russian throne. She is stunning and will have her own choice.

You know things are quiet in the "Bride for Georgi" thread when Lady Gabriella Windsor gets brought up yet again. :hamster:

When not with mom, Rebecca is the one he has been going to official events with, non-official ones, and antique shows, etc for at least 2 1/2 years - travelling the world for events but never in Russia. He has been around Victoria with mom as shown on Victoria's facebook page and a photographer said they were a couple. Rebecca is definately a girlfriend, so he either has two girlfriends or just hangs with Viktoria to appease mom when Maria is around cause mom doesn't/won't approve of Rebecca. Although, if Maria did her research she's realise that Viktoria won't cut it either. While it may be cool to go to French Royal weddings, eventually Rebecca who is probably 30ish will want her own wedding, to see Russia and meet his mom. He will have to choose between Rebecca and Mom/Russia.

Lady Gabriella will not marry Georgi. She may fall short of expectations, to some, but she will have her pick of the lot. I am sure she doesn't care about a fantasized Russian throne. She is stunning and will have her own choice.

No one denies an own choice to Lady Gabriella. If the good lady is not willing to engage into marriage with Grand Duke Georgy, so be it. No one talks about thrones, fantasized or not.

Warren, is right, that thing are very quiet when Lady Gabriella is brought up. I do not know who started that scene, but I think many on this site saw the impossibility of this some time ago. And I will leave it at that.

I was surprised at how hot under the collar some people got on this hypothetical thread over the hypothetical prospect of a hypothetical marriage between Grand Duke George Mikhailovich and Lady Gabriella Windsor. I thought for a moment the poor young lady was being forced into a fate worse than death. But, phew, what a relief, there's not a single shred of evidence to suggest either a budding romance or a drafted marriage treaty, so nothing to worry about at all.

That leaves the field open for some more hypothetical suggestions. So here is my Top Ten. They are all from reigning families, so no difficulties on that count. All we need is a hypothetical conversion to Orthodoxy, and hypothetical permission from Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, and all is set for a hypothetical marriage. I think the Grand Duke is about as likely to marry one of these young princesses as he is to marry Lady Gabriella Windsor, so don't go getting your noses out of joint all over again.

Cambodia
HH Princess Naradhama Sri Munarini Ahinghsa of Cambodia

Japan
HIH Princess Akiko of Japan

Jordan
HRH Princess Nejla bint Asem of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan

Kuwait
HE Shaikha Bibi binti Salim bin Jabir Al-'Ali Al-Sabah of Kuwait

Malaysia - Johor
HH Princess Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah binti Sultan Ibrahim Ismail of Johor 1986

South Africa - Zulu
HH Princess Snethemba Bati Zulu

Thailand
HRH Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand

Tonga
HRH Princess Angelika Lātūfuipeka Halaevalu Mataʻaho Napua ʻOkalani Tukuʻaho of Tonga

Uganda - Buganda
HH Princess Nkinzi Muggale Nakamaanya of Buganda

United Arab Emirates - Fujairah
HH Shaikha Shamsa Bint Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi of Fujairah

I hope many of you saw the laser Projection image of President Obama with a Banana on a Moscow building ? A really charming way to mark his birthday..]

Given that this level of racism is widespread within the Russian psyche I doubt the Russian public or Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna would be enamoured of any of the above matches...

They may even prefer {shock horror} an 'unequal' marriage !

Last edited:
Racism is not even needed. The proposed candidates are not Christian to start with and that is a requirement for future Grand Duchesses. So without any consideration about ethnic background, these candidates already fail to pass a core requirement.

Princess Nejla bint Assem is too beautiful for Grand Duke Georgi.
I highly doubt that the Japanese Imperial family will even consider marrying one of the Imperial Princesses off to any reining or non-non-reigning house.

Last edited:
Racism is not even needed. The proposed candidates are not Christian to start with and that is a requirement for future Grand Duchesses. So without any consideration about ethnic background, these candidates already fail to pass a core requirement.

Well Chubb did write about a hypothetical conversion to orthodoxy so that would take care of that problem.

Of course you could imagine anything. But that is no longer a practical discussion, it is a fairy tale. Al Bina is right on the mark.

Hmm a fairy tale ...so maybe the question is who should G marry - Snow White or Sleeping Beauty? ;)

Princess Angelika Lātūfuipeka Halaevalu Mataʻaho Napua ʻOkalani Tukuʻaho of Tonga is Christian, but at the moment she too is unacceptable. As JR76 pointed out, my list was predicated on conversion to the Russian Orthodox Church. I do not doubt for a moment that the conversion of any one of these princesses would be controversial in their homeland.

When Prinz Georg von Preussen - Grand Duke Georgy of Russia wants to maintain his positions in both the House of Prussia as well the House of Russia, he needs a marriage which meets the requirements and that is marrying according his rank. He is free to chose any bride he wants, even the cleaning lady next door, but it will have consequences for his position in both Houses, that is obvious. Now the question is how important Georg-Georgy finds this.

Prince Georg-Friedrich married according his rank with Princess Sophie von Isenburg, Prince Aimone di Savoia-Aosta married according his rank with Princess Olga of Greece. These alliances seem great love matches and do serve very well their position in the House of Prussia resp. the House of Italy. For the same reason Prince Gustav von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg has not married Ms Carina Axelsson because this would hurt his position very much regarding the family assets as regulated by testamentiary and fideï-commis arrangements.

It is completely up to the chap to decide in the choice of his life but I feel some posters ridiculize it a bit. Of course we are talking about a lost throne, but it is also about history, patrimonium and values. When someone wants to take these in his/her considerations regarding the choice of a partner, and not only "love" then that is not something to ridiculize but to respect.

I have no doubt that an engagement between Grand-duke Georgi and Lady Gabriella Windsor would be greeted with delight by both his mother and her parents but I've been thinking. Lady GW might be the great-granddaughter of a king but she herself is neither a princess, HRH or an official member of the Royal familiy so would she be a suitable consort according to the Pauline laws which states that only members of ruling or previously ruling families can marry into the imperial family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom