A potential bride for The Grand Duke Georgi

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was supposed to marry an equal, but many doubt that.

And besides all he has been dating Rebecca for some years.

but his grandmother was not equal also :) she was not a royalty bagration :) she was a nobility bagration of mukhranin line :)

Yes, it's contradictory that matter.

On their official site probably there are more explanations about their dynasty, rights and beliefs.

Here is the link:

House of Romanov. Main page.

but his grandmother was not equal also :) she was not a royalty bagration :) she was a nobility bagration of mukhranin line :)

Correct. But Maria's father, Grand Duke Vladimir, declared the Bagration-Moukhrani branch of royal rank in 1946 via decree. When he married Leonida, he declared his marriage was equal under the Pauline Laws, but the other surviving dynasts at the time disagreed and stated she was morganatic.

Maria is morganatic under the old rules and so is Georgi. She can say whatever she wants, but the fact is he can marry whomever he wants at this point.

it can be contradictory in russia and in europe but in georgia mukhranian bagrations are not contradictory at all :)

they never were royals :) they were always the nobility family serving the georgian kings :)

branchg

you are right but who gave the right to vladimir to recognize a nobility of georgia into a royalty ? :) under the georgian laws they are nobility and will stay that way and no matter what european or russian would do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vladimir considered that she could “correct” the status of his wife vis-à-vis the Imperial law, but, being only a cadet of the dynasty, he could not make this reform valid. Thus Prince Vladimir’s marriage was considered morganatic, and his spouse and daughter never enjoyed true Russian dynastical honours, being entitled to the name of Serene Princes Kirillovsky only.

true. a cadet branch and non dinastical offshoot line of mukhrani :)
so it mean russia has no legitimate prince?

My personal opinion is that Russia has no real legitimate heir now.

Well, Maria Vladimirovna considers herself as a legitimate heir of Russian throne.

I am not very much against her, but she and Georgi should do more in order that people know them better.

if there is no legitimate heir than why you support her? very strange.

No, I don't support her in the sense of real acceptance of her claims. But I don't hate her either.

I really don't know much about them. I mean real facts of course.

i understand but a non-legitimate person who claims what he or she is not in reality is dangerous and should not be accepted in any way :)

dangerous for the country and for the history as well :)

Maria is the legitimate senior male-line descendant of Alexander II and her claim is valid in terms of being Head of the Imperial House. Whether she has a right to the throne under the Pauline Laws is entirely another matter.

There are no surviving dynasts under the Laws today.

This is all nonsense. Georgi's girlfriend seems to be a lovely young lady. There is no throne. Not for 90 some odd years. And people are debating whether she is good enough? If she makes him happy, that is all that counts.

laws of succession :)

if the russian law said that a person born into an unequal marriage loses his or her status and cannot be named as successor than it is very clear that russian royalty is extinct.

The Fundamental Laws of the Empire are dead and there is no longer a monarchy in Russia. Anyone could be chosen in the event of a restoration, so the arguments about status among the surviving descendants are really moot at this point.

Georgi can and should be able to marry whomever he wishes without worrying about whether his future wife is royal or not.

This is all nonsense. Georgi's girlfriend seems to be a lovely young lady. There is no throne. Not for 90 some odd years. And people are debating whether she is good enough? If she makes him happy, that is all that counts.

Thing is, that Maria has staked her claims on those rules and used those rules to discredit anyone else from staking a claim to 'her' throne. They mean something to Maria and they are used by Georgi. So realistically, they mean something substantial.

Oh, I hope not. It is the most funny and reality driven comment.
The clowns are in town when this is discussed. A nice young man with a useless title, son of an overbearing mother, with no concept of his real future and wanting happiness for him. He is between a rock and a hard place, so to speak. He should marry whom he wants and will be happy with. Nobody is rushing the gate for this marriage, as there is no possibility he will be anything more than what he does, today. He seems kind and nice, he should marry for love and be happy.

Thing is, that Georgi is going along with this, promoting himself as future Head of the House of Romanov.

Lady Gabriella Windsor is a ravishingly beautiful woman, who could have anyone she desired, so i doubt she'd be interested in the [how can i put this] rather tubby 'Grand Duke'..
Also why would she want 'the mother-in-law from Hell ?

Also why would she want 'the mother-in-law from Hell ?

Any evidence that The Grande Duchess would be "the mother-in-law from Hell"?

I'm asking because, nowadays, it has become a lot easier to accuse without any proof.

Well, then Princess Pushie also could sound like mother-in-law from hell and she could be sarcastic.

But I don't think Georgi and Gabriella will be together.

Thing is, that Maria has staked her claims on those rules and used those rules to discredit anyone else from staking a claim to 'her' throne. They mean something to Maria and they are used by Georgi. So realistically, they mean something substantial.

Yes, but how long are Nicholas and Dimitri Romanov going to live versus Maria and Georgi? Once they pass on, the rivalry is over.

She can change the Laws anytime she wants to. And I have no doubt she will do so when the time is right.

I, believe, the time has long passed. Georgi seems like the nicest of young men, truly. He deserves the best wife, whomever. Maria is a fossil. As are the Romanovs. He should live life in his way for happiness.

Yes, but how long are Nicholas and Dimitri Romanov going to live versus Maria and Georgi? Once they pass on, the rivalry is over.

She can change the Laws anytime she wants to. And I have no doubt she will do so when the time is right.

There are 11 people in the line of succession to Nicholas' claim, starting with Dimitri. The youngest person was born just last year.

It is important to note that pretty much the Romanov family as a whole supports this claim, while only Maria and Georgi support gets.

Furthermore, if Georgi marries a non-dynast then it gives the guy next in the line of succession to this claim - Andreas, Prince of Leiningen - the ability to claim the position ahead of Georgi's hypothetical sons. Maria may change the rules to allow Georgi to enter into such a marriage, but if they're not recognized by the next guy in the line of succession he doesn't have to pay attention to that change. It's not as though she's paying attention to any attempted changes that those in the other line have claimed as allowable.

Maria is a fossil. As are the Romanovs.

Wait, why you need to offend Grand Duchess Maria calling her a fossil? And you not only offended her, but the entire House of Romanov. Why?

Would you like to be called a fossil? Would you like to see your family being offended in such a stupid and ridiculous way?

Sometimes, I wonder where some people put their good manners (if they have any) before log on this forums.

:previous:
Countess believes that people who make any claim to a non-ruling throne is stuck in the past and needs to move on. This type of statement is made from her rather regularly, ignoring the fact that to many people within at least some of the states/regions in question, a restoration is a desirable, albeit unlikely, event. They are all "fossils" because they haven't evolve with the times and embraced democracy, even though some of the most democratic countries in the world continue to have monarchies, and many of the places with continued monarchist movements are ones that have serious problems within their current form of government.

There are 11 people in the line of succession to Nicholas' claim, starting with Dimitri. The youngest person was born just last year.

Are you referring to the son of Rostislav Jr who was born to unwed parents? Pray tell how that little boy is in the line of succession to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom