The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Imperial Family of Iran

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

The Shah's Mother: Taj-Ol-Moluk (1896-1982)

Hi, people:

I should want to know something more solid about Mohammed Reza Pahlavi's mother and her pèrsonality. Soraya didn't like her, nor Fawzia, and I do not know Empress Farah's opinion about her...but it seems Shah's mother was a very strong woman, and not always kind, to said it in a soft way. Shams is showed generally , under more benefic lights, but this woman, usually associated to her daughter Ashraf was considered a sort of domestic tyrant. Am I wrong?

Vanesa.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Serene Highness

Taj El Moluk is aristocrat. She estimates the poetry, the music and persian meal. She is religious strict, mystical.
Against is Shah Reza, whom the music is hated. He always eat the chicken and rice. Shah Reza in accordance with the religion is the people's opium.
Taj El Moluk loses two sons. She goes the exile, when she is 82 years old.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well, since I'm a religious woman too, now I have much more respect for Taj El Moluk. She must not have going along with her husband then....:( I knew about Shah Reza's ideas about religion, but almost nothing concerning his wife.

So...She was an aristocrat. Was she related in any way to Qajars, the former Imperial House of Persia?

I also feel much more respect for her knowing that she must go to exile having 82 years old...Where did she dead?

Vanesa.

P.S: Thank you for your kind reply, Hilal.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Serene Highness

She died at Acapulco, Mexico, 10th March 1982. Taj El Moluk never know that her son, the Shah died. She was not Qajar princess.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Aristocracy

HIM Taj-ol-moluk Pahlavi, HIM Empress Farah and HIH Princess Shams
http://www.ardeshirzahedi.org/images/royals/w11.html

HIM Taj-ol-moluk Pahlavi and HIH Princess Shahnaz
http://www.ardeshirzahedi.org/images/royals/w1.html

HIM Taj-ol-moluk Pahlavi
http://www.ardeshirzahedi.org/images/royals/l7.html

HIM Taj-ol-moluk Pahlavi and HIM Reza shah the Great
http://www.ardeshirzahedi.org/images/royals/l4.html
Old 03-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

So, she never knew that her son was dead...How a tragedy! Poor lady...

Thank you for the pics, Aryan. Tal-Ol Moluk was indeed a beatiful lady when young, and a nice woman when more elder.

Vanesa.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness

In this picture she looks just like British actress Maggie Smith (recently working as the witch teacher in Harry Potter's movies)

The other pictures on that site do show that the Iranian royal women were some of the most glamorous ladies of their time. They all look like movie stars including the Shah' s mother.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

HIM QUEEN MOTHER TAJ-OL-MOLUK PAHLAVI AT THE ROUDAKI OPRA HOUSE, TEHRAN, CORONATION OF HIM REZA SHAH AND HIM EMPRESS FARAH.
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/imperialiran/opera.html

http://www.worldisround.com/articles...8/photo22.html

http://www.saipa.us/veil-lifting.html
Old 03-24-2006, 01:55 PM

I don't know...she looks a little severe and serious to me. I can see
why she might be considered intimidating.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meljj5
I don't know...she looks a little severe and serious to me. I can see
why she might be considered intimidating.
She seems to have the same expression in many photos and her lower jaw looks depressed. Could this severity in her face just be because she suffered a stroke?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Aristocracy

Many of Taj Ol Malouk's photos show her with that solem expression, she was known for her pessimistic personality, thus the look. I have many of her earlier photos, I'll upload them soon.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Thank you, Queen Malka! I should like to know those photos, since I never saw too many pics of Taj Ol-Moluk.

Yes...She seems to have been an intimidating woman, not only for the jaw, but for her eye-brows. They look something strange.

However, she was a beatiful lady. I agree with Toledo: Iranian Imperial women were really glamorous. I'm sincerily surprised by their beauty. And yes...Most of them could have been movie stars. I know that Princess Fawzia wa Egyptian and not Iranian, but she could have been easily a star actress from Hollywood...What do you think?

Vanesa.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

The jaw thing and her paralized expression in later years makes me believe it was a heart stroke. So is not that she looks mean, just that she survived it. But she was also a very attractive lady in her youth.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Thank you, Queen Malka! I should like to know those photos, since I never saw too many pics of Taj Ol-Moluk.

Yes...She seems to have been an intimidating woman, not only for the jaw, but for her eye-brows. They look something strange.

However, she was a beatiful lady. I agree with Toledo: Iranian Imperial women were really glamorous. I'm sincerily surprised by their beauty. And yes...Most of them could have been movie stars. I know that Princess Fawzia wa Egyptian and not Iranian, but she could have been easily a star actress from Hollywood...What do you think?

Vanesa.
I quite agree, those women sure had glamour. Fawzia especially was remarkably beautiful.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy

HIM Queen mother and HIH Princess Fawzia:
3_2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HIM Queen mother:
5xvb.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal
Taj El Moluk is aristocrat. She estimates the poetry, the music and persian meal.
she was illiterate, maybe after he husband succeeded the throne she learnt how to read and write but she never attended school.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I knew, myself some "illiterate" women and men who never attended school and were much more wise , intelligent and even instructed (they read a lot by their own) that people who attended University and got their minds and ideas copied of their teachers and the books they are pushed to read.

I knew a man who lived in the country, in an isolate place, but he learned to read all by himself. He loved poetry, and music..Once, I presented to him a litterature student drom the Universty for them to discuss...The "country man" knew a lot more than him, and covered the young proud student with shame.

God Bless Princess Taj-ol-Molk. She must have been a very wise and intelligent woman...With University titles or without them!

Vanesa.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 AM

What an attractive lady. Sad for her that she goes into exile at such an advanced age.

She must have a lot in her to survive such a change.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Aristocracy

a person don't need a degree to be be intelligent and strong as she is, and she was very elegant, may Allah bless her!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

HIM Queen mother Taj-ol-molouk Pahlavi:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fawbs/3151630091/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Tags
iran, pahlavi, shah, taj ol moluk