Sallarid Royal Dynasty of northern Persia (919-1062)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the above Wiki source, in brief...

The Sallarid dynasty (also known as the Musafirids or Langarids) was an Iranian Muslim dynasty which ruled in Tarom, Samiran, Daylam and subsequently Azerbaijan, Arran, and some districts in Eastern Armenia in the 2nd half of the 10th century. This period has been named the "Iranian Intermezzo" as during the 9th to the 11th centuries it saw the rise of native Persian dynasties.

The Sallarid system was monarchical with a King at its head.
First King: Muhammad bin Musafir - reigned 919-941 (deposed by his family led by his two sons)
Last King: Musafir bin Ibrahim II - reigned 1050-1062

In 1062 the territory came under the suzerainity of the Seljuk Sultans and shortly afterwards fell to Ismaili control.

v the Sallarid territories at their greatest extent

Attachments

• Sallarid Dynasty, Persia.jpg
    Sallarid Dynasty, Persia.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 306
From the above Wiki source, in brief...

The Sallarid dynasty (also known as the Musafirids or Langarids) was an Iranian Muslim dynasty which ruled in Tarom, Samiran, Daylam and subsequently Azerbaijan, Arran, and some districts in Eastern Armenia in the 2nd half of the 10th century. This period has been named the "Iranian Intermezzo" as during the 9th to the 11th centuries it saw the rise of native Persian dynasties.

The Sallarid system was monarchical with a King at its head.
First King: Muhammad bin Musafir - reigned 919-941 (deposed by his family led by his two sons)
Last King: Musafir bin Ibrahim II - reigned 1050-1062

In 1062 the territory came under the suzerainity of the Seljuk Sultans and shortly afterwards fell to Ismaili control.

v the Sallarid territories at their greatest extent

I'm reading old items from the years I was not here and always makes me happy finding our friend Warren teaching me, even years after his passing, on royal dynasties I was not familiar with. Especially in this area north of Iran. A few years back I bought a kindle book on the Kingdoms of Bactria and now intrigued by the Sallarids, too.

Back
Top Bottom