Queen Fawzia of Iran née Princess of Egypt (1921-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately because of the current Eygptian revolution her funeral did not find enough media coverage.
So sorry for that!!!

Hardly surprising. The current revolution will have much more impact on the lives of the Egyptian people that the death/burial of a princess from a dynasty that was tossed out 60 years ago.

Will HM King Ahmad Fouad II attend the funeral?

Last edited:
How sad! May she rest in peace! :rose:
Fawzia lived and died at very interesting times for Egypt.
I'm mostly sad because with her death it feels like saying goodbye to a whole era. Such women will never exist!

Hardly surprising. The current revolution will have much more impact on the lives of the Egyptian people that the death/burial of a princess from a dynasty that was tossed out 60 years ago.

That is true. I often wonder if young adults from my generation in Egypt are even aware that a monarchy existed nearly a century ago.

How sad! May she rest in peace! :rose:
Fawzia lived and died at very interesting times for Egypt.
I'm mostly sad because with her death it feels like saying goodbye to a whole era. Such women will never exist!

Agreed, she was one of the epitomes of these great beauties from the old times.

I hope the Iranian family will send someone to attend the funeral.

Has she not already been buried? Are not Muslims supposed to be buried within 24 hrs?
She was buried on Wednesday. Finally Reza and Empress didnt attend it.

She was buried on Wednesday. Finally Reza and Empress didnt attend it.

I would have been extremely surprised if they did,but I am convinced they sent letters or some flowers to the family of Princess Fawzia. The Princess was very unhappy in Iran and therefore I believe she did not have close relationship with the Pahlavi family after her marriage ended-I have read that Fawzia never returned to Iran after the divorce.
Farah Diba is a very thoughtful woman and always tries to help and comfort people who are going through difficult times-even though Princess Fawzia is the ex-wife of her husband, I am sure that she sent some words of condolence.

Last edited:
I would have been extremely surprised if they did,but I am convinced they sent letters or some flowers to the family of Princess Fawzia. The Princess was very unhappy in Iran and therefore I believe she did not have close relationship with the Pahlavi family after her marriage ended-I have read that Fawzia never returned to Iran after the divorce.
Farah Diba is a very thoughtful woman and always tries to help and comfort people who are going through difficult times-even though Princess Fawzia is the ex-wife of her husband, I am sure that she sent some words of condolence.

I remember reading an interview Farah gave a several years ago. She mentioned she regrets never meeting Soraya before her 2001 death, but that she hoped to meet Fawzia at some point (not sure if that ever happened). She did say that her children did meet Fawzia or Soraya (forgot which one) but overall, it seemed like there was little to no contact between the Shah's three wives and families.

A forgotten Egyptian Princess remembered
She was only 17. The beautiful Egyptian Princess Fawzia captured the hearts of her people as she stood in her wedding dress on the terrace of Cairo's Abdeen Palace with her handsome 20-year-old Iranian prince at her side.

Very interesting article,I have learned a few new things about the Princess and her relatives. At the end of the second page of the article they wrote:
"One insight into the private life of the gentle quiet princess who rarely made public speeches was written in the 1992 book The Rise and Fall of the Pahlavi Dynasty: Memoirs of Former General Hussein, where he mentions how she would communicate to her husband in French. She did not speak Farsi and the Shah did not speak Arabic."

It would be great to read the book that was quoted here...I will try to lend it from a library,because it is quite expensive in online shops... Did anyone here read it?

She did say that her children did meet Fawzia or Soraya (forgot which one) but overall, it seemed like there was little to no contact between the Shah's three wives and families.

It was Soraya; Farahnaz and Ali Reza met her once.

Thank you for the additional photos of the funeral, Salma! :flowers: I knew it was going to be very private. I'm a bit shocked that Shahnaz didn't attend the funeral though. Perhaps there were serious medical reasons going on?

Thanks, Rossina! :flowers: Queen Fawzia is not forgotten. She bore a striking resemblance to actress Vivien Leigh, when she was young, didn't she? ;)

Princess Fawzia Fuad

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any information on princess fawzia fuad of Egypt? I'm a huge fan of hers. I have a lots of her biographical information but I was just looking for other info as well for anyone that has any

Back
Top Bottom