Queen Fawzia of Iran née Princess of Egypt (1921-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so confused. I want to know:

Is Queen Fawzya of Iran still a live or not?

Queen Fawzia (bint Fuad)'s death was reported in January 2005. Journalists had confused her with her niece Princess Fawzia bint Farouk of Egypt.

Last edited:
Please, I still don't have a answer for my question? Is she died or not?( queen Fawzya of Iran) yes or no?

she is the beautifullest royal woman forever

She must be very old by now...Does someone knows which is her exact age?

Vanesa.

Queen Fawzia was born on November 5, 1921. Which makes her 86 years old.

By the way, technically, Fawzia doesn't have any titles. She stopped being Queen Fawzia of Iran after her divorce (Fawzia herself reclaimed her old title of the Princess of Egypt), and she lost the title 'Princess of Iran' after her marriage to Colonel Ismail Shirin Bey. Her Egyptian titles were lost after the revolution.
Fawzia is reffered to as 'Princess Fawzia' as a curtsey title, or out of respect, but she is very rarely called 'Queen Fawzia' for she doesn't have any rights for the title.

she is the beautifullest royal woman forever

hello all fawzia admirers. yes indeed she was as my dad used to say a very beautifull lady.< and yes there is a resemblence with my mother>. but........ is this lady a neurotic???? she never smles or looks happy on any picture. not even on the one from 2004 with mr ardeshir in villa les roses.

Sorry, I do not wrote "Vivian" for I'm an illiterate, but for I saw it written this way most of the time. I do not make this kind of mistakes for I'm "from far South America". I can write in English (badly, but I can), in French and Portuguese (these are my second languages, so I write them well) and a little in Chinese. For me "Vivien" is more close to the French "Vivienne" so I wrote "Vivian" that is English. In fact, her true name was "Vivian Mary Hartley". She was born in Darjeeling, India, but her parents were from Great Britain (Father English, mother Irish :rolleyes: ) We are not in the bronze era , here in South America.

For the rest of your post, I agree. Princess Fawzia was the more beatiful of the Shah's wifes, and Empress Farah was the more cultured of them. Queen Soraya was "the mysterious one".

Vanesa.

Vanesa-

Please do not apologize. Write VIVIAN or VIVIEN however you want, we all know who you are referring to. I love your posts, don't get caught up in trifles. I agree with Warren!

2008 update

Please, I still don't have a answer for my question? Is she died or not?( queen Fawzya of Iran) yes or no?

Yes, still living at this posting:
Fawzia Shirin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gorgeous! she does resemble Vivien Leigh or Hedy Lamarr--that dark hair and fair skin, difficult to ignore!
My grandmother had that unusual coloring--pale skin, ice blue eyes and black hair, always a show stopper. (Compare Fawzia's photo to my avatar for a handy reference)

as for the Vivian/Vivien--Vivian was her birth name, Vivien was her stage name. Use either one that makes you happy.

Last edited:
Fawzia was a beautiful women one of the most beautiful royal women of the last century.But she never did smile in a photo not even a slight smirk I am taking notice of what other members have brought up.

Sorry, but she IS smiling in her 1931 pic and also in her 1941's one. Maybe she is not laughing frankly, but think these are official pics, and she was posing as "the stylish, beatiful, a little mysterious princess".

Vanesa.

What a stunningly beautiful woman and I agree she looks lkie Vivien Leigh.

Oh, my, she is stunning. She does look like Vivian Leigh.

Fawzia had the glamour to sport those couture clothes from Paris with a bit of Hollywood thrown in effortlessly

Yes. She was very glamourous. She seemed to be one of these great and beatiful actress from the 1940's. She was the more beatigul Empress Iran ever had (even if she never had the "Empress" tittle :D)

Vanesa.

She was very beautiful but I prefer Farah Diba

this thread has been wonderful and informative. i agree, she looks very beautiful and glamorous.

Sorry,but did Fawzia have any children?I know very little about her.
I 've always felt sorry for his second wife,beautiful and intelligent,Soraya Estefandiari,who was expected to give birth to a son,that never occurred,her green eyes expressed so much sorrow.

Sorry,but did Fawzia have any children?I know very little about her.
Fawzia had one daughter, Princess Shahnaz, with the Shah. After the divorce, she remarried and had two more children.

It's worth mentioning that Princess Shahnaz lived with her father and followed the Shah and his new family (Empress Farah and children) to exile. She went through the same hardships, in other words.

Fawzia had one daughter, Princess Shahnaz, with the Shah. After the divorce, she remarried and had two more children.
Fawzia and Ismail Hussain Shirin had two children: Nadia (born 1950-2009) and Hussain (born 1955).

Fawzia and Ismail Hussain Shirin had two children: Nadia (born 1950-2009) and Hussain (born 1955).

I didn't know her daughter, Nadia, had died in 2009, at the age of 59. So sad! :ermm: Thanks for sharing, Hilal!

Back
Top Bottom