Queen Fawzia of Iran née Princess of Egypt (1921-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hallo vanesa,
Here is the photo of Princess Shahnaz ( 27 years ) as a mature woman. But i would like to see a recent photo of her. I know that she lives near her mother Princess Fawzya in Switzerland.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Gifs/PB5.jpg

i had no idea that princess fawzia was still alive. interesting. i'm glad to see that shahnaz and her are apparently close now after their "forced" seperation in shahnaz's youth. however, i don't really blame fawazia for leaving iran if she was being mistreated, but i wouldn't have made the fatal error in allowing my daughter to have full iranian citizenship, that way she and the shah could've had joint custody of their daughter. plus, i wouldn't have taken any crap off of my in-laws. what would they've done to her if she had done so- made her "mysteriously" dissappear?

Vanesa said:
THank you, Joumana! Shahnaz was beatiful.

But sorry...I think that Fawzia died the last year or so. I'm not sure, but I think I'm right...Someone who knows a little more about Islamic Royals could said if I'm wrong or not...Hilal? ;)

Vanesa.

Fawzia is still alive, she was mistaken to be dead when newspapers mistook her for her neice who is named after her.

Thank you for the info, QueenMalka. She must be really old, then...

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Thank you for the info, QueenMalka. She must be really old, then...
Princess Fawzia was born 5 November 1921.
For comparison, she is about five months younger than Prince Philip of the UK.

i would like to know more about empress Fawzia, how is Her Majesty now a days where she lives with whom and how she lives
I must say that i'm her biggest admirer in the all world and i would like to know all about her and even write her biography if Her Majesty will allowd me

i read all the things that are written about Her Majesty Empress FAWZIA and i'm still thinking it's not enough
i would love to write a all book about this misterious and wonderfull womanthat lives opposite human dreams she was borm higness sultanic being after royal higness, imperial higness, Majesty, royal higness and ended just as mrs. Shirin
i would never write anything against HER MAJESTY wishes so i need Her to approve my idea
i would write just what Her Majesty allowed me to write
HELP I NEED HELP TO KNOW HOW TO CONTACT HER MAJESTY EMPRESS FAWZIA AND HOW TO KNOW MUCH MORE ABOUT HER

Hi JOHNY4JOHNY

I think the only way perhaps that you may find an e-mail address or a phone number to Princess Fawzia is through Ardeshir Zahedi, Princess Shahnaz ex-husband, visit his site at www.ardeshirzahedi.org unfortunately there is no e-mail address to Ardeshir Zahedi, but there is a e-mail address to Tino Zahedi, tino@zahedi.info try and see if he can help you.
I think you should send an e-mail to HIM Reza Pahlavi or HIM Empress Farah Pahlavi, maybe they can help you, it is a very difficult job,……..good luck.

Aryan

thank you for your help and for your good wishes
i'll follow your advices

Last edited by a moderator:
She was indeed one of the most beautiful royal women of the 20th century. Although I think she was not named Empress of Iran but Queen, same with Soraya I believe. Farah was the one who got the upgrade and was crowned Empress in the 1960's. Like in Morocco, where the King's wife is not a Queen but a Princess (even though she seems to be equal in status to other Queens). In the case of Iran it seems the wives had the title Queen rather than Empress until Farah came along.

As a note to share, since you are curous about Fawiza, I recently found out she became related to the Imperial House of Brazil when one of her daugthers married a Braganza-Orleans prince. The link is in another section, let me look for it...

...and five minutes after: Here is the post with the links located inthe Royal Cousins thread

Last edited:
wow. that was very interesting Toledo. I never would have guessed to look at other royal families to find out about the becommings of Fawzia's family. Thanks so much!

Toledo:

Very interesting information about Fawiza’s daughter. I was wondering about potential intermarriages from North African, Middle Eastern and European Royalty. Have recently read that a woman from a line of the Hashemite Dynasty married a German Prince.

Might be a good topic for another thread?

In Princess Soraya's Biography And Also In Empress Farah Dibah Biographys We Can Find Some Information About Queen Fawzieh But What I Would Like To Know About Her Is Most Of All About Tha Present.
How She Is And How She Lives Now And Even More What She Thinks About All Her History

JOHNY4JOHNY said:
In Princess Soraya's Biography And Also In Empress Farah Dibah Biographys We Can Find Some Information About Queen Fawzieh But What I Would Like To Know About Her Is Most Of All About Tha Present.
How She Is And How She Lives Now And Even More What She Thinks About All Her History
Princess Fawzia's death was mistakenly reported in January 2005, journalists had confused her with her niece princess Fazia (Fevziye) (1940-2005),one of the three daughters of King Farouk.

(I read this in wikipedia.org)

Princess Favziye (1940-2005) check out this site: http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2005/728/eg6.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
She was such as great beauty.I didn't know whe was still alive.

I think she never had the title of Queen or Empress,like Soraya,they were only pricesses,because none of them gave the shah the crown prince,Farah Diba was given the title of Empress only when her son the crown prince reached his 7years.

Last edited:
Fawzia was Queen of Iran until her divorce, whereupon she reverted to the use of 'Princess Fawzia'.

pdas1201 said:
Empress Fawzia

She looks like Janet Leigh in the first pic
Do you mean Vivien Leigh?
I think she looks like herself gorgeous!

Yes...I think she meant Vivian Leigh. But for sure she is wonderful being who she is.

However, I agree: this Princess had something of a Movie Star from the 40's...She was so gorgeous and regal!

Vanesa.

Fawzia innate glamour and elegance

Vanesa said:
Yes...I think she meant Vivian Leigh. But for sure she is wonderful being who she is.

However, I agree: this Princess had something of a Movie Star from the 40's...She was so gorgeous and regal!

Vanesa.
Hi Vanessa from far off South America. pls write VIVIEN LEIGH with an E as Vivien did. Fawzia was extraordinarily beautiful.she was rarefied type of beauty -very hard to find that. More than SORAYA who followed I think. How Soraya got into all is always a mystery to me.
Fawzia is the most beautiful in my opinion of all the King's wives. Just as Farah Diba is the most educated.

Jaya said:
Hi Vanessa from far off South America. pls write VIVIEN LEIGH with an E as Vivien did. Fawzia was extraordinarily beautiful.she was rarefied type of beauty -very hard to find that. More than SORAYA who followed I think. How Soraya got into all is always a mystery to me.
Fawzia is the most beautiful in my opinion of all the King's wives. Just as Farah Diba is the most educated.

Sorry, I do not wrote "Vivian" for I'm an illiterate, but for I saw it written this way most of the time. I do not make this kind of mistakes for I'm "from far South America". I can write in English (badly, but I can), in French and Portuguese (these are my second languages, so I write them well) and a little in Chinese. For me "Vivien" is more close to the French "Vivienne" so I wrote "Vivian" that is English. In fact, her true name was "Vivian Mary Hartley". She was born in Darjeeling, India, but her parents were from Great Britain (Father English, mother Irish :rolleyes: ) We are not in the bronze era , here in South America.

For the rest of your post, I agree. Princess Fawzia was the more beatiful of the Shah's wifes, and Empress Farah was the more cultured of them. Queen Soraya was "the mysterious one".

Vanesa.

Don't worry Vanesa, we know that Vivian/Vivien is not a big deal in the scheme of things, and most of us know that Argentina is part of the civilised world (and not as "far off" from Canada as Sydney is from either Toronto or Buenos Aires). :)

Last edited:
His Excellency Ardeshir Zahedi and HIH Princess Fawzia at Villa Les Roses 2004: click on the portrait of the shah and then choose Villa Les Roses (headline), then you will find the photo of HIH Princess Fawzia from 2004.
http://www.zahedi.info/

Warren said:
Don't worry Vanesa, we know that Vivian/Vivien is not a big deal in the scheme of things, and most of us know that Argentina is part of the civilised world (and not as "far off" from Canada as Sydney is from either Toronto or Buenos Aires). :)

Thank you, Warren! And I wish I could visit your country some day of my life!;)

Vanesa.

Yes , This is H.M princess Fawzeya , she is the sister of H.M King FaroukI of Egypt who is the son of the late H.M King Fouad I ... the Egyptian coup of 1952 sent the whole royal Family to excile , Queen Fawzeya was married to Shah Iran but they got devorced and she married another man who was not from any royal family.

I'm so confused. I want to know:

Is Queen Fawzya of Iran still a live or not?

Back
Top Bottom