Princesses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo Taylor

City
Bayeux
Country
France
In 1950s Devon, UK, my family had a princess and her daughter staying with them. (I wasn't born then.)

Apparently she was the daughter of one of the Shah's brothers.
She was known as Peri (Pari?) and her daughter, who looks to be around 18m - 2yrs old in the photographs was Sori / Sauri / Soraya.

I have had a look through the genealogical table on royalark but I can't find any obvious matches, and wonder whether anyone could throw further light on who, exactly, she might have been.

Thank you for the input - that's one possibility I'd already considered; the names almost match but unfortunately the dates don't sit quite right as Sarvnaz was born in 1955.

The photos I have were taken in summer 1950; the daughter looks around 18m - 2 years. (My brother is in the photo as well, the same age, so the date is accurate.)

Here is a thread on a local history forum where the other lady in the photo remembered them:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203221292752610&set=o.402778919793777&type=3&theater

Attachments

• 1950peri.jpg
    1950peri.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 847
Here is some info correct me if i'm wrong but you mentioned you looked at this thread at royalark.net but have you considered this POSSIBLY....

m
. at the Gulistan Palace, Tehran, 12th October 1950 (div. ca 1983), Pari Sima Pahlavi (b. 7th July 1927 (royalark.net)

she'd be 23 in 1950 looks like we have the same first name at least "Princess Pari/Peri" looks like the same age just not sure about the face or same woman but she was indeed a princess especially after marrying Shahpour H.I.H. Prince Abdul-Reza Pahlavi IF its the same woman maybe she had a child before she married just pure speculation and conjecture and of course the child thats born before she became a princess at marriage would not be a princess obviously. Of course its different if it was a was prince who could have concubines (no regal marriage) and several wives whose offspring all would be royale). . Case in point would be Shahpour H.I.H. Prince AliReza Pahlavi passed prior to his princess daughter was born before he was "Legally" married though engaged and the Queen declared here a Princess of Iran (her grandaughter is a H.H. Princess Vala Gohari).

Thank you @FatherlessPrince1, apologies for the long delay. I just came back to this, as the other lady in the photo died a few days ago - I'm in touch with her son and her niece - and it reminded me.

I've looked at photos of Pari Sima Pahlavi (née Pari Sima Zand) but her appearance is quite different to my "Princess Peri".
Still a mystery!

Back
Top Bottom