'Princess' Ann Claire Pahlbod (1973- ), grandaughter of Princess Shams

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ctottenham

There are two other girls, are there not? Her sisters? I saw the show and thought her father to be quite handsome.

There are two other girls, are there not? Her sisters? I saw the show and thought her father to be quite handsome.

Here's an article about her from 2005 -
::The Magazine

Princess Diaries
We’ll begin with what you probably already do, or should, know about Princess Ann Claire.

Firstly, her birth name is Anahita Marie Claire Van Shaick Pahlavi. She’s got her own hit, hybrid-comedy reality show on E! Entertainment Television, appropriately called Love is in the Heir."

The article talks about her sisters as well.

When you google her name as "Van Shaick", you'll find several pages with info that she considers herself to be a comedian and her role as the "spoiled princess".

If the thread title was changed to Ann Claire van Shaick, would anyone give the thread a second glance? :D

I actually felt sorry for her when she was on "Love is in the Heir". Scripted or not, she looked ridiculous when she was trying to become a country singer. I have read on this thread that she is an actress/comedienne. I don't mean to be rude, but she's not a very good actress/comedienne (no, I'm not qualified to judge her skills, I'm merely stating my opinion). I hope that she is on to better things with her life. It is sad to hear that she had a falling out with her father.

Do you remember this one season reality show....

The one named, Love is in the Heir (back in 2004-2005) that showcase a self described princess who was living in LA and pretended to be rebellious against her regal family, and pretended to get disinherited?

I enjoyed that show and I didn't know at the time what to think of it since the only royals I really knew about were the British and I didn't even know that much about them until the end of that year. So anyway how long has the Iranian shah (that was her grandfather) been exiled from Iran and do you think Iran can reinstate their monarchy?

Last edited:
He exiled in Jan 1979, I think. As for reinstating the monarchy in Iran. No way, not even close. Those days are over.

:)

The title of "Princess" is pretty much just for the attention of the tv show. In muslim monarchies, descendants of female members of the royal house do receive titles, although they are different from agnatic descendants. (For example, "sultanzade" in Ottoman Turkey). These titles depreciate after several generations down to the eqivalent of "Lord" or "Lady."

Sorry I didn't realize there was an old thread about this, but looking back, I don't know why back then I didn't think of her as a trainwreck, but then again I was really into Paris Hilton back then. And yes, she's a bad representation of what a royal should be. I had forgotten about the lovely Princess Diana for a time I guess, and forgotten about the lovely Princess Victoria of Sweden and it was around 2005 when I started to change a bit through I guess an unrecognized crush on Prince William and I was only 21.

...she's a bad representation of what a royal should be.
We need to get the facts right (and read the whole thread).

From this post by Fashionista100 I'll repeat:

Okay guys, Ann Claire is not a Princess. She is related by blood to the Iranian royal house. Yes, her parents are wealthy and her father is titled.

No she is not a singer. She is actually a professional actress. She has been in several stage productions. This wasn't really reality TV. It was a scripted show by E! television made to look like a reality show.

The whole premise was this rich "royal" spoiled brat w/ no skills and no idea of the real world comes to LA. She wants to be a singer. Her parents give her a month to accomplish that or they cut her off financially. The show then follows her antics while she trys to accomplish this.

She doesn't want to be a princess or anything like that. This was just a paid acting gig that's all. It was all in the papers and on the internet when the show came out. It was all pretend and a joke. Nothing more.

I believe I knew her. Back in 1994, we worked on a screenplay together, "Promise Cafe" or some such (it may have changed with revisions). From what I remember of her, she was sweet, attractive, and had a very big and compassionate heart. I seem to remember her having a very jealous boyfriend at the time, who objected to her taking the time to write the script with me. Came across the front page of the script while cleaning out the archives, and Googled her name. Glad to find out she is doing relatively well. But there seems to be a nasty flow here about her, which I can tell you she does not deserve - she really is nice.

Absolutely not. Her father is titled but she isn't. Her grandmother, the late Princess Shams Pahlavi had the title of HIH, her son, Anne Claire's father, Shahboz Pahlbod, has the title HH. Anne Claire's real name is Anahita Pahlbod. She has no title at all.
If her father is HH and she is his legitimate daughter, then surely she is a Highness too?

Princess Shams, the daughter of the first Pahlavi Shah (and sister of the second), was an HIH; her children are HH princes and princesses, and her grandchildren have no style or title. Anne Claire Pahlbod falls into the latter category.

See this Pahlavi genealogy where the styles and titles are shown.
However, the children and most of the grandchildren of TIH Princesses Fatemah (born 1903) and Ashraf are HHs, whereas only some of the children of HIH Princess Fatemah (born 1928) are HHs.

There appears to be no logic to this system so it may have been at the personal discretion of the Shah as to who was granted the style and title of HH prince/princess.

Anahita - Not Titled, Never was and never shall be

After MUCH tedious investigation:

Her given name is Anahita Marie Claire Pahlbod - her name is neither Van Sahiak nor Pahlavi. She only adopted these names from her relatives to deceive the American public, naturally, the same applies to the title she has given to her self of 'Princess'. Anahita has also elected to Westernize her first given name by calling herself 'Ann Claire'.

She was brought up in Los Angeles, CA USA.

She fancies herself a country music artist and resides in a small flat in Nashville, TN USA. The 'Music City' rumor mill has it that she has been working on the same album for five years. Most of Nashville's socialites and music industry executives know her history, title and name to be a lie, but play along with her for their own amusement.:lol:

The family's 'wealth' ran out long ago (let us remember that the late Shah was exiled over thirty years ago)

Currently, she lives off of the generosity of a feeble woman who is a grocery store heiress. Historically, it is said, that she has relied on the generosity of the men in her life and is always on the lookout for the next. She allegedly is involved with two men as of this post, :ermm: one called 'Roy' (a friendly, stocky, nuevo rich chap who hails from Florida USA) and the other called 'Mike' (an effeminate singer/songwriter who is native to Nashville, TN USA - it would seem he is of the impression that he has his meal ticket - ) :ohmy:

Shall we now consider this thread closed on this woman attempting to pass herself off as aristocracy? After all this is The Royal Forums...

If this Anne whatever is the granddaughter of a Shah and the niece of a Shah, is she not differnt than Peter Phillips or Zara Phillips, who appear regularly, although they have no titles.

Back
Top Bottom